Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC "Club Day", Sunday 21st July.

Comments

• Options

Enjoyed it and hope it happens again next summer.

Good Q + A with Powell, Dyer and Matthew. Even a free bar! Shame I was driving.

What was said?
  • Options

I took my 3 kids who all enjoyed themselves, although being aged 10, 8 & 6 they mostly enjoyed the rides and bouncy castles in the West Stand car park. We did the mini-tour which was hosted by Dave Archer and was interesting to see the dressing rooms & the trophy cabinets. Dave Archer said that TJ was due to be there in the afternoon - anyone see him at all ??

I didn't have time to stay for the Q&A - any news on Coulibily ???

Someone said when asked CP was non committal on the subject but said he had done well considering.

from that you can only assume the worst, otherwise CP would have surely bigged it up with " we are talking to his agent" or " he loves it here & we are trying to work something out"

• Options
    Brilliant day out. Valley tour was excellent with Dave Archer. training was fun to watch and I thought the BBC London dj was a good presenter for the day. Fun to meet the Trust in the flesh and the Q and A with Hamer, Harriet, Jackson and Gower was great. Nothing controversial said in there I'm afraid by any of them.
  • Options
    How many there? Sounds good day and sorry couldn't make it.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the training session, and thought "Lofty" did well presenting it.
    Slightly upbeat (sorry), thought that he amount of players on the pitch bears well for this season, even without any new signings.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And, if by magic:

Deancafc ‏@xdeanx
    #cafc With this team I feel our season will be a good one pic.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Powell said he thought this season would be "harder" than the last given the spending power of QPR, Reading and Wigan as well as the likes of Bolton.

He felt Solly, Wiggins and Hamer could pay in the Prem as could Kermo.

Huge praise for Nathan Jones.

CP and DM say Messi, AD Ronaldo.

Thinks we must be cursed re:cup runs. Badlly wants to see us a Wembley$
  • Options
    Enjoyed the tour of the ground, Dave Archer was fantastic as a guide and a really personable chap. Training was interesting. Would have loved to have gone to a Q & A session but the club never responded to my email so assume I was not lucky to win a ticket!
  • Options
    Good to meet fellow fan's on the trust stall, seemed to sign a lot of new members , and sold out of the balloon t shirt very quickly, sold the last one to the MD of Andrews,' Lofty' said he would sign the ACV and mention it on his programme.... we shall see?. Good to meet some old friends, and CAFC even provided breakfast. Well done 'Lisa S' for organising this I had to depart early, good day.
  • Options
    Ken, still think Warhol was better than Di Vinci
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    A few snaps from the fun day, a few more T/F.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sorry to be dim, but who's the black chap? - Looks a bit like CP. And the man with the clipboard?
  • Options
    CP and Tom Watt (Radio London - Curly Watts)

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, Dave Archer's mini tour was very interesting, he seems a decent chap. Did say that TJ was due at the ground in the afternoon! Players seem a friendly, relaxed lot and were happy to pose for photos and sign autographs, my grandson loved it, although my wallet didn't!

Great initiative by the club, well done.
  • Options
    Sir CP x 2 and Tom Watts (Lofty from EastEnders). CP was in a delightfully silly mood. He sure knows how to work the crowd.
  • Options
    No-one yet has reported much about the Q&A session. What was said? Any scoops?
  • Options
    really good day, kids loved it and both want the white away kit (which I thought looked really smart), can't wait for the new season now.

loved CP taking a pen and then running out the ground celebrating, also the little skill-school bit between Danny Green and Callum.

Thought Tom Watt was also very good.

....also my free men's health check told me I'm 5 years younger than I actually am!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

No-one yet has reported much about the Q&A session. What was said? Any scoops?

Not really much gossip from the players Q & A. they all feel we need 1 or 2 more players and if we can start like how we ended last season we can have a go at the playoffs. They all seem to feel it took about 10-15 games to settle into the league and realize they can compete. The Cardiff game was a massive turning point and that the fan's was awesome in that game and it makes a massive difference.

Harriot has no intention of leaving just yet and wants 10 plus goals this season. Cant think of much more but will add more if i remember.
  • Options
    Thanks, r&c.
  • Options
    No scoops from the boardroom Q&A. CP did say that he wasn't going to lie to us and that this season is going to be tough. CP, AD and DM all agreed that Callum is going to be Prem. material. CP said that he had lost players he hadn't wanted to lose and hadn't got players that he had wanted to sign. No names. I felt the Q&A was very much more orchestrated/ managed in a way that I haven't seen before. Q's had to be submitted in advance. the compère took up nearly half our time with his own questions of the unchallenging who is/was your favourite ......variety, nothing awkward was asked and the session wasn't thrown open to the floor. I just felt that we are exceptionally privileged to have three talented and knowledgeable people who clearly understand and respect each other, and who are quite simply very decent and honourable people. They are going to need our support big time this season.
  • Options

No scoops from the boardroom Q&A. CP did say that he wasn't going to lie to us and that this season is going to be tough. CP, AD and DM all agreed that Callum is going to be Prem. material. CP said that he had lost players he hadn't wanted to lose and hadn't got players that he had wanted to sign. No names. I felt the Q&A was very much more orchestrated/ managed in a way that I haven't seen before. Q's had to be submitted in advance. the compère took up nearly half our time with his own questions of the unchallenging who is/was your favourite ......variety, nothing awkward was asked and the session wasn't thrown open to the floor. I just felt that we are exceptionally privileged to have three talented and knowledgeable people who clearly understand and respect each other, and who are quite simply very decent and honourable people. They are going to need our support big time this season.

That's very well put. Pity, though not surprising, that the Q&A was a bit bland, though I like your observation of a positive and bonded coaching team. That, and our team's esprit de corps, is going to earn us some valuable points this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

CP said that he had lost players he hadn't wanted to lose and hadn't got players that he had wanted to sign.

I wonder who he meant by that? Was it one of the big name players released, like Haynes or Fuller?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I got the impression though that we would be signing one or two more - just not clear who they would be! He siad he was trying to bing players in and that we were short in one or two areas.

Powell very happy with the way pre-season has gone so far.

Powell was saying the league will be tough as there are some big spenders, but was postive in his answer (that we managed to finish above Wolves and Blackburn last year).

He said it is a tough league and every team will suffer a dip at some point and it is up to everybody to pull together (including the fans) to pull themselves out of it. He tried to manage expectations saying we would try to go up this year but if we don't we will try next year/year after etc...

JJ touched on this also, when he highlighted the importance of the fans in the cardiff game.

Didn't come out thinking I had gained a greater insight than I had when I went in.
  • Options
    A pity it was so bland. Someone above said the questions were submitted in advance and therefore vetted. But it would've been good to allow an interrogator like Henry Irving to pose a series of searching questions about the club.
  • Options

A pity it was so bland. Someone above said the questions were submitted in advance and therefore vetted. But it would've been good to allow an interrogator like Henry Irving to pose a series of searching questions about the club.

No.

And I don't like the term interrogator, thank you.

• Options
    Thanks for the pics Annie, I need to lose some weight!

: - )
  • Options
    I thought you had! Anyway, we now have a photo of dodgy geezers in the boardroom - allegedly of course;-)
  • Options

I thought you had! Anyway, we now have a photo of dodgy geezers in the boardroom - allegedly of course;-)

Sussed!

The two lads had just come over from Vulgaria to sign for the academy. Left winger and attacking centre mid. More talent for the youth team.

• Options

No.

And I don't like the term interrogator, thank you.

I wasn't asking you to dress up in a military uniform, Henry. You'd be good as a Paxman, or a Robin Day.

• Options

Some basic shots with my phone, more tomorrow with main camera

imageimage