Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Sales? (ed. 10,000)

Comments

• Options
    doronron said:

I have a feeling every championship club might be down on season tickets this year

Aside from the 3 newly promoted clubs you're probably not far wrong
  • Options
    If 10% of fans aren't renewing then questions have to be asked! This club only has a few ways forward... one is promotion and another is increase revenue / decrease expenses...
    There is a third way, that of selling top players, but that accelerates the decline in ticket sales...
    I would have thought that some progress on the pitch would add to sales but clearly football marketing is a tad more complicated than that else we would be seeing a 10% increase
  • Options
    edited July 2013

If 10% of fans aren't renewing then questions have to be asked! This club only has a few ways forward... one is promotion and another is increase revenue / decrease expenses...
    There is a third way, that of selling top players, but that accelerates the decline in ticket sales...
    I would have thought that some progress on the pitch would add to sales but clearly football marketing is a tad more complicated than that else we would be seeing a 10% increase

Having put prices up by the amount the club did I wouldn't find a ten per cent drop in sales surprising at all. Revenue will still be up but a drop in volume is what I'd expect.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 11m
    SEASON TICKETS: We've passed 10,000 for the new season! Thanks for your great support. http://bit.ly/14o9esC #cafc pic.twitter.com/ANAbhrRsh5

• Options
    Fair play:

“It’s just a start but over the close-season we have worked tirelessly and have redecorated the public concession and hospitality areas.

“We will also be replacing and repositioning the televisions across both levels with new 42-inch LED screens to improve the viewing experience. This will be done in time for the televised fixture against Millwall on September 21st (12.15pm).

“We have also implemented an improved queuing system in certain concession areas to improve the wait times during busy periods and finally we have new products on offer.

“This is just the start and we will continue to implement improvements to the matchday experience and environment for the fans.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130808-season-ticket-sales-pass-10000-979011.aspx#hQJ1dLKhUIrztMuZ.99
  • Options
    Excellent stuff
  • Options
    Just in time for us to want to rip them off of the wall!
  • Options
    Nice one. I've noticed the badge has been painted on the red section on the sides of the Lower North which looks smart.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

After lapsing into occasional attendance, Dad and I are back on the season ticket wagon. Very excited to know we'll be back every week, but just out of interest, does anybody have any experience of sitting in K block, North Upper?

The natives are friendly in the main.

There is one bloke (not me!) who likes the occasional rant.

• Options
    10,000 plus season tickets sold, 2 new strikers, a win in the first round of the league cup
    What are we going to moan about!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

10,000 plus season tickets sold, 2 new strikers, a win in the first round of the league cup

Have the potholes in the carpark been fixed yet?
  • Options

Bradley Pritchard, judging by all the comments I've read lately. (PS I'm a Brad fan and don't understand the criticism he's getting)
  • Options
    So, 10k of season ticket sales before the first home league game of the season - better than predicted. Take into account the price increases and that's probably more dough in the door than last year.

Well done to those who have shifted approx 1k tickets in a month.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    WSS said:

Fair play:

“It’s just a start but over the close-season we have worked tirelessly and have redecorated the public concession and hospitality areas.

“We will also be replacing and repositioning the televisions across both levels with new 42-inch LED screens to improve the viewing experience. This will be done in time for the televised fixture against Millwall on September 21st (12.15pm).

“We have also implemented an improved queuing system in certain concession areas to improve the wait times during busy periods and finally we have new products on offer.

“This is just the start and we will continue to implement improvements to the matchday experience and environment for the fans.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130808-season-ticket-sales-pass-10000-979011.aspx#hQJ1dLKhUIrztMuZ.99

should shut the bods up who think we've got no money, this must've cost millions.

• Options
    So that's how we could afford Sordell and Church...a few more and perhaps we can re-sign Riccci too?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

JiMMy 85 said:

After lapsing into occasional attendance, Dad and I are back on the season ticket wagon. Very excited to know we'll be back every week, but just out of interest, does anybody have any experience of sitting in K block, North Upper?

The natives are friendly in the main.

There is one bloke (not me!) who likes the occasional rant.

Good to know, sounds like a decent mix! I try (and basically fail) to hold my tongue when the ranters get going... we'll have to see how that pans out...
  • Options
    I d like to know if any Lifers on here have not renewed because of the Millwall fiasco. There were lots of threats at the time.
  • Options

The cup tie!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Does that mean there will be new TVs In north upper ect or just in the hospitality areas ? And they already started the new queing at the end of last season.
  • Options
    10,000 mentalists.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    WSS said:

Fair play:

Well done WSS, I've just read the report, glad to know we now have 10,000 season ticket barriers shame they are broken. :P
  • Options
    Anyone know the exact figure last year?
  • Options
    When the article says that numbers have, ahem, 'smashed', through the 10,000 mark, could this be just a touch of hyperbole?
    Could the word 'gone' replace 'smashed'? Or crawled, limped, crept, sauntered, thrust, Powelled, boinged.....etc?
  • Options
    "Even in these tough economic times the fans have voted with their feet...."

Funny, I always thought "voting with your feet" meant saying "bog off, I'm out of here"!

Presumably he meant something different? :-)
  • Options
    I think something that the club always did badly was the matchday experience. Huge wait times for a beer, cramped concourse, poor service at Barts. It's good that they're thinking about this stuff now. It's not for season ticket holders, but the casual fan that pops into the odd game is more likely to go back if it's not a miserable experience.
  • Options

When the article says that numbers have, ahem, 'smashed', through the 10,000 mark, could this be just a touch of hyperbole?
    Could the word 'gone' replace 'smashed'? Or crawled, limped, crept, sauntered, thrust, Powelled, boinged.....etc?

Always look on the bright side of life. Do do, do do do do dooroo dooroo

• Options
    After our crap home displays of last season we have done well to 'creep' past 10,000 season tickets. The point being how many games will the 'lost' 1000 fans attend?
  • Options
    Great news, 10k season tickets cant be sniffed at.. obviously some of the old staff would have doubled that.
  • Options

I think something that the club always did badly was the matchday experience. Huge wait times for a beer, cramped concourse, poor service at Barts. It's good that they're thinking about this stuff now. It's not for season ticket holders, but the casual fan that pops into the odd game is more likely to go back if it's not a miserable experience.

I agree but season ticket holders might be put off spending more money at the ground if it's to much hassle.
  • Options
    Let's wait and see how the "matchday experience" actually is first shall we?

It's very easy to sit in an ivory tower and say we're going to do this and we're going to do that.

I will however give credit for recognising that there is a problem but maintain that actions speak louder than words....