Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russians in for Charlton as Jimenez looks to sell to consortium

Comments

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

can some of you not read. Airman has quite clearly said that he knew there were talks & once it was it the public domain, ie the newspaper article plus being on here, he felt free to say what he knew. Then, during the hours in-between he made some calls (which didn't need to do) and found out that the talks had collapsed. He then re-posted stating this.

Now, he could have said nothing at all or maybe he could have made those calls BEFORE posting his original post - but he didn't.

I just thank him for sharing what he did know, and hope that he continues to feed us any knowledge as & when he has any.

thank you Mr Brown.

Ditto.

Thanks Airman, your input is much appreciated right here.

I must say, my gut reaction in my first post to ask "Why is there so much point scoring against Airman Brown?" I understood when people felt annoyed when he was airing his grievances about his past employers, but it's just pathetic now - there's no need for the childish digs and petty pedantry. He posted what he knew, then went as far as to verify that this was still the case: when it wasn't, he duly reported that too.

Top notch effort from the guy to follow up on progress then report it back to us. He's the closest we get to understanding what's going on at the club right now - let's not ruin that.

Airman is true Charlton, and it's clear from the amount of people agreeing with golfie's post that there's a large majority that enjoy his views and input.
    Well there's a few on here with an agenda obviously & then backtrack saying "well it's just my opinion bleat bleat" never spoken to airman personally but don't understand the attacks on him...very strange ?

• Options

Off it - as far as most on here are concerned AB, for better or worse, long ago earned his stripes and has nothing to prove to anyone. You ??

Believe me GHF, off it has earned his stripes over and over again. He sits with three generations of Addicks, has been a shareholder, done at least three full seasons home and away and has plenty of other history under his belt as lots on here know. Fair enough if you want to criticise his posts but don't question his credentials.
    I must have put this very badly. I personally have no problem with any of his posts and his credentials certainly speak for themselves. Some people seem to have issues with him but there's no question that for the great majority he's an invaluable contributor to this forum.
  • Options

What Golfie said.

other people agree with Golfie shocker !!

Is nothing sacred anymore?

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off it - as far as most on here are concerned AB, for better or worse, long ago earned his stripes and has nothing to prove to anyone. You ??

I've nothing to prove to anyone either. And even if you thought I did then I wouldn't give a monkeys.

I guess that makes us equal then.
    I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of Hosts is with us.
  • Options
    Thank you AB for your input, whilst I don't always agree with your comments I uphold your right to write them.
    Many of us have no idea what is happening at CAFC and use this site to share our limited knowledge and guesses and it is helpful to have those in the know to share their perspective rather than just continue our games of guesstimates.
    Also I cannot accept that the DD was derailed by either a minority news report or a thread on this board.
    So the players are back in training, Welling is next weekend so lets continuing guessing who will partner Yann, should he not travel up the river, support CP and our team and to hell with DDs that might come and go.

COYA
  • Options
    Loco said:

Off_it said:

I've nothing to prove to anyone either. And even if you thought I did then I wouldn't give a monkeys.

I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of Hosts is with us.
    All right. Nobody told you to stop working.
  • Options
    Can someone update the title of this thread. I just spent 20 mins getting exited then feeling disapointed! Oh well
  • Options

Believe me GHF, off it has earned his stripes over and over again. He sits with three generations of Addicks, has been a shareholder, done at least three full seasons home and away and has plenty of other history under his belt as lots on here know. Fair enough if you want to criticise his posts but don't question his credentials.
    I must have put this very badly. I personally have no problem with any of his posts and his credentials certainly speak for themselves. Some people seem to have issues with him but there's no question that for the great majority he's an invaluable contributor to this forum.
    Fair play GHF
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Loco said:

Off_it said:

All right. Nobody told you to stop working.
    Yes Colour Sargent
  • Options
    In regards to Airmans input to this topic and everything else...

One day AB will stop posting because of the stick he gets, which I wouldn't blame him if he did!

But then I am sure people will be wishing he still posted!

You don't miss your water....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh baby baby its a wild world its hard to get by with just a smile
  • Options
    nolly said:

Cat Stevens in takeover bid ?

• Options
    Shrew said:

nolly said:

hope so :-)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Shrew said:

nolly said:

hope so :-)
    Well, the pies would be a halal of a lot better...

I'll get me coat
  • Options
    Ha ha nice one leroy
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

In regards to Airmans input to this topic and everything else...

One day AB will stop posting because of the stick he gets, which I wouldn't blame him if he did!

But then I am sure people will be wishing he still posted!

You don't miss your water....

I get more stick than AB and I Luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve it!

• Options
    Off_it said:

Reply of the year.

• Options
    edited July 2013

DD works both ways maybe we pulled away from the deal.

No, it's negotiations that work both ways, quite why a seller should be doing DD on a company they are selling is beyond me, but whatever...

Vincenzo said:

Come to think of it, why do the deals always collapse? DD means it's quite far along, doesn't it? And yet it never happens. It would be nice to know why the deals fail, although sometimes I think my preference would be for blissful ignorance of the whole boardroom thing.

It's important to bear in mind that both parties to a deal have hurdles to jump. The owners can't just sell to anyone they like, because the banks among others have a charge on the business and its assets.

What I've been told is that in this case the would-be buyers failed to measure up rather than the club. However, that line has ultimately come from the club itself, so whether it is true I don't know.

BFR strikes again, lmao.
  • Options
    Reading through all of this (before it was doomed) my take on it was that the mysterious Mr Cash has lost patience/fallen out with/got disillusioned with (pick your own) Jimenez and wants him out. Seemed a bit like he was formulating some new group (call it what you will) that could buy out the Jimenez bit - so, effectively, having full control to either accelerate the 5 year plan or to accelerate selling it off for a more realistic price. All speculation.

For what its worth always like to see AB's comments and value his valuable link to the club.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Reply of the year.

FFS. Please do not keep trying to turn this into an internal sniping match. You may not care about who owns or will own our club. This thread is for those who do care.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

Reply of the year.

FFS. Please do not keep trying to turn this into an internal sniping match. You may not care about who owns or will own our club. This thread is for those who do care.

What was your take on the situation Prague? I seem to remember your a big fan of the Russians :)
  • Options
    having trawled through this thread i can only conclude that this is a good advertisement for the
  • Options
    trust !
  • Options
    lolwray said:

trust !

New motto ?

"You can always trust the Trust "

• Options
    Addickted said:

Didn't Slater say the Koc rumours were fantasy?

Slaters been fantasising about KOC?
  • Options
    No but this is..

CARE ABOUT CAFC?

• Options
    And this
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bubble said:

Off_it said:

Reply of the year.

What was your take on the situation Prague? I seem to remember your a big fan of the Russians :)
    Well, I haven't been in direct contact with the key people so I didn't have privileged info on this one. However my understanding is that it was not Russians involved.The first time I heard about it was on Thursday when I learnt it had collapsed. However its clear to me that several people in our community here did know about it, and kept schtumm for several weeks, and that includes Airman, so I thought the criticism of him was unfair. I do understand the general point about not damaging a due diligence process, but I think Airman and several others on here were keeping radio silence for exactly that reason.

As for Russian owners, well my heart would sink. Of course it is important not to lapse into racist generalisations. I think the Lebedev family have done a really good job at the Independent/Standard. But the trouble with Russia is that there is no tradition of either a democracy or a civic society as we understand it in Western Europe, so generally why would you expect Russian owners to fit easily into such a society? Then there is the matter that I can't imagine why any smart loaded Russian would think a second division team would be worth the bother. Russians tend not to look long term in business in my experience. But there again, Sebastian Sainsbury is as British as they come, and we'd possibly be out of business now if he'd got his hands on it.

The very best solution would be a consortium of long term Charlton fans, which is what Trusts have often enabled at other clubs.
  • Options
    So you knew it collapsed on Thursday.
    Daily Fail had been tipped off anonymously by someone ITK Thursday to put a bland blurb in the paper.
    Airman fills us in with more details Sunday.
    AFKA had good info it had failed by this stage.

This must be the leakiest shambles the Scissors Paper Stone champion has ever been involved in.
  • Options
    Unconfirmed sources at the Daily Mail indicate that a Russian take-over of Charlton Athletic hangs in the balance following a public fall out with club Director Jimenez at the High Court over the team selection for the Welling friendly as the Bollokov consortium demand the following line up:

1. Lev Yashin
    2. Alexey Smertin
    3. Andrey Arshavin
    4. Maria Sharapova
    5. Gregori Rasputin
    6. Mikel Gorbachov
    7. Joseph Stalin
    8. Yuri Gegarin
    9. Leon Trotsky
    10. Yuri Ubichacokov
    11. Sergei Nokabollokov

Full details at www.dailymail.madeupbullshit/immigrationshocker/single-mothers-scandal/justgotoutthepub/footyclosedseason/royalpregnancy.co.uk