Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we have a stand named after Alan Curbishley ?

The greatest manager thread got me thinking that we have a Jimmy Seed stand - should we also have a Alan Curbishley or Lennie Lawrence stand ? Both worthy of the accolade for their achievements in my opinion.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    yes yes and yes .. for lord Llewellyn that is
  • Options
    not sure if we should name a stand after him, but I think there should be something in recognition
  • Options
    A suite in The Valley?
  • Options
    No, left us in the shit for England ambition and screwed his own career as well.
  • Options
    Yes.
    He transformed the club and rarely got the recognition he deserved.
  • Options

No, left us in the shit for England ambition and screwed his own career as well.

"In the shit" - I'm sure you're just looking for a bite, but if not your comment suggests you know absolutely nothing about Charlton Athletic
  • Options
    I knew the Curbishley suggestion would get a mixed reception but you can't knock what he did for Charlton in my opinion. I've seen enough bad times in following Charlton for 50 odd years and we experienced some of the best times we've ever had under his guidance.
  • Options
    I forgot to say, my answer is definitely yes
  • Options
    Don't mess around with naming a suite after him let's name a stand after him. I suggest the North stand be named the Curbishley stand.
  • Options
    100% without a doubt.

Anybody who has the audacity to knock the man needs to take a long hard look. I mentioned in the other thread that the West would be quite fitting considering the timing of its re-development.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No

Wait till we move groundshare with Millwall and name one of their stands after him
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Name the NW Quadrant after OohAah first, then the Henry Irving Millenium Suite Buffet Bar?

• Options
    I would say yes, this is a good idea.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    When he retires...

• Options
    no from me ...the club won a major trophy under JS we survived in the premiership for a while under Curbs
  • Options
    Definatly yes well worthy of it
  • Options
    Most definitely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He can have a corner
  • Options
    No.

A statue or a suite yes, but not a stand.
  • Options
    He should have the West stand as it is our most impressive stand and it wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him. The North stand should be earmarked for Sir Chris! All going well from now on in.
  • Options
    loved him but No lennie got us up and we aint got a lennie stand
  • Options
    I think he should have a stand named after him but I would have thought that it would be done after his career is finished.

It could be awkward to have him bring another team to play us if he has a stand named after him.
  • Options
    Certainly his achievements need to be recognised. It seems like a dream now that we ever had a squad packed with class internationals. Wouldn't be against having a stand named after him, as long as there's one left for SCP to earn over the next decade or so.
  • Options
    What would we call it?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes.

No surprise to see the "no's" frankly. A vociferous minority of Charlton fans simply didn't appreciate him and his efforts when he was with us despite the subsequent attempts attempt to rewrite history by saying it was only Talksport who said that!

We'll never know if that lack of appreciation from the fans influenced his decision just to see out the remaining year of his existing contract (offer rejected by Richard Murray) rather than sign a new contract.

• Options
    he should have the stand nearest the Thames named after him and it should be called the Alan Quay.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    disagree Len he was a great manager for us and one who caused me a few scuffles with our own very few fans who I ever heard saying he should go

it was the armchair fans who decided to go watch their local club to see the opposition more than us in reality who dared to say the stupidness that was spoken on radio

but it would not be right to name a stand imo