Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BT Sports

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe -

BT games are all on at 12.45 on a Saturday.

So how are you guys proposing to watch them ?

You're ok for our away games if you don't go away, but you'll miss all/most of half the matches, if you go to our home games, unless you live very close to The Valley !

There's sky plus/recording, but you'll likely know the result.
  • Options
    Why pay out for watching football when you you can stream it via the internet on a site called myiplayer
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

Why pay out for watching football when you you can stream it via the internet on a site called myiplayer

Wow, how does that work?
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

1. It's illegal
    2. It won't last, these sites rarely do
    3. You have to watch on your laptop unless you're technically minded enough to connect your laptop/ desktop to your TV
    4. No rewind/ pause functionality
    5. It's illegal
    6. It's inconsistent in terms of reliability of feed and quality of feed
    7. It's illegal
    8. It's shit.

Frankly, I could have just gone with point 8.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

3. You have to watch on your laptop unless you're technically minded enough to connect your laptop/ desktop to your TV
    8. It's shit.

All it takes is a HDMI cable, nothing difficult...

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

1. It's illegal
    5. It's illegal
    7. It's illegal
    8. It's shit.

And it's illegal!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    JohnBoyUK said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

8. It's shit.

And a chair, a disregard for the law, an issue with paying for things...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

8. It's shit.

I prefer a decent picture in all honesty.
  • Options
    That HDMI Cable is a Health and Safety Issue
  • Options
    I have never had sky at all. nor will I have the BT. I don't want to line the pockets of people such as John Terry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah it's illegal. In all honesty, there won't be many of the streams about now as the Govt and FAPL are instructing the ISPs to block the sites.

I know from one of the Spurs boards that I frequent that they have been informed that the server hosts will shut them down if streaming links are posted.

Re: the picture quality, it really wasn't all that bad with the laptop browser window resolution reduced. That pic was taken ages ago to prove it worked thus the dodgy short cable. Hasn't been used since.

As it happens, I discovered the other day that I can stream between TV and Laptop without cables which is quite cool. Didn't know it had that capability.
  • Options
    Well I say it's illegal. Watching sport from an illegal streamed source hasn't actually been put through the courts yet but it's likely to be deemed illegal.
  • Options
    dwb said:

I'm still hoping that I can get the BT games on Virgin Media. Nothing from VM so far---probably haggling the price.

I just had a reply from Virgin Media saying that ESPN will cease to be provided on 31st July.

They say that they are talking to BT about how to make the BT Sport package available to Virgin customers.

Nothing has been agreed yet.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yeah it's illegal. In all honesty, there won't be many of the streams about now as the Govt and FAPL are instructing the ISPs to block the sites.

I know from one of the Spurs boards that I frequent that they have been informed that the server hosts will shut them down if streaming links are posted.

Re: the picture quality, it really wasn't all that bad with the laptop browser window resolution reduced. That pic was taken ages ago to prove it worked thus the dodgy short cable. Hasn't been used since.

As it happens, I discovered the other day that I can stream between TV and Laptop without cables which is quite cool. Didn't know it had that capability.

Stream on the laptop and Sky Sports News on the tv isn't a good idea as I found on many an occasion. 'Goal at Anfield'....no there's not???? 30 seconds later on the stream....
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

1. It's illegal
    5. It's illegal
    7. It's illegal
    8. It's shit.

1) It's not illegal in China
    2) Good ones, like footballstreaming.info last for ages, plus new ones pop up all the time.
    3) It's one wire
    4) Some sites do have this.
    5) Who cares
    6) I don't find this to be the case, even with awful Chinese internet.
    7) Who cares
    8) Wrong.

@JohnBoyUK - You should change your settings so you laptop only projects, if I have both screens on I find the laptop always catches my attention, p***** me right off,
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

1. It's illegal
    5. It's illegal
    7. It's illegal
    8. It's shit.

2) Good ones, like footballstreaming.info last for ages, plus new ones pop up all the time.
    3) It's one wire
    5) Who cares
    7) Who cares
    8) Wrong.

@JohnBoyUK - You should change your settings so you laptop only projects, if I have both screens on I find the laptop always catches my attention, p***** me right off,
    Don't know about windows but on my macbook I just turn down the brightness (F1) and it kills the picture on the laptop but not the tv.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

1. It's illegal
    5. It's illegal
    7. It's illegal
    8. It's shit.

3) It's one wire
    5) Who cares
    7) Who cares
    8) Wrong.

Wrong? You can justify it all you like, I'll take full HD with rewind functionality, 5.1 sound and all the trimmings over your cheapskate, pop-up advert, malware riddled, tantamount to theft chav option!
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

1. It's illegal
    5. It's illegal
    7. It's illegal
    8. It's shit.

3) It's one wire
    5) Who cares
    7) Who cares
    8) Wrong.

It IS illegal in China, they may not enforce IPR as much as they should but the laws do exist for them to do so.

The EPL rights have just been bought by BesTV, owned by Shanghai Media Group, and their CEO sure ain't all that keen on seeing illegal streaming wreck his business model.

He is, of course, pissing in the wind, but the fact remains that streaming pirated content is illegal, although prosecutions are very unlikely.
  • Options
    Someone should tell the part state owned PPTV, that streams Premiership football every week.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc1263 said:

1. It's illegal
    5. It's illegal
    7. It's illegal
    8. It's shit.

3) It's one wire
    5) Who cares
    7) Who cares
    8) Wrong.

Wrong? You can justify it all you like, I'll take full HD with rewind functionality, 5.1 sound and all the trimmings over your cheapskate, pop-up advert, malware riddled, tantamount to theft chav option!
    Get over yourself ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good one.
  • Options
    Starts 6pm Thursday.
  • Options
    Dundee match on Friday , Steven Gerrard's testimonial on Saturday and the Emirates cup on the weekend.
  • Options
    jimmy have you always paid for the music on your computer or phone or pad or whatever? Have you ever copies music from some source or another for free?
  • Options
    I don't know why you're arguing it's free !
  • Options
    what is free? BT or Sky telly?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

jimmy have you always paid for the music on your computer or phone or pad or whatever? Have you ever copies music from some source or another for free?

Home taping's killing music
  • Options
    Nice to see Jon Fortune on the BT Sport launch video (@ 0:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFgAccVA40&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    Got the Caribbean T20 league - love a bit of T20.
  • Options
    Never had Sky, so quite looking forward to having this. Already had BT infinity so just added the Vision bit.