Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adamo Coulibaly

Comments

• Options
    I want covered end juniors opinion.
  • Options
    Really? Another thread?
  • Options
    Haha, I'm honest with the opinions I give and would be lying if I could give any view on him as I haven't seen him play and hadn't even heard of him before a few days ago... strange for me really.

• Options

Haha, I'm honest with the opinions I give and would be lying if I could give any view on him as I haven't seen him play and hadn't even heard of him before a few days ago... strange for me really.

Sorry that's just not good enough ;0)

• Options

I say yes please!

This. When he is up to full fitness reckon he will be a well worth signing.

• Options

not much of a scout, are you?
  • Options
    The Portsmouth announcer today gave his first name as Soloman ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

... and in the match report on the Pompey website it's Souleymane Coulibaly. Shurely shome mishtake.

• Options
    ringer !!
  • Options

ringer !!

Yeah - it was George Weah's brother's nephew's cousin.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think he's done enough to earn a contract on that performance to be honest
  • Options
    Mike said:

Don't think he's done enough to earn a contract on that performance to be honest

If you take into account he is 2-3 weeks behind in terms of fitness, not knowing the team or tactics etc, I think he did pretty well today. If I was CP (and I MIGHT be, who knows :-) ) I'd give him a year, provided he isn't too pricey.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mike said:

That's disappointing. Didn't see him today, and noticed he didn't get mentioned much in despatches. Thought he looked quite dangerous at AFC Wim on Wednesday.

• Options
    I'd sign him (provided he doesn't ask for too much).

It's not as if we've got a massive selection of strikers at the moment. Could do with one so we don't feel too desperate when the season draws nearer.
  • Options
    He's obviously got a bit about him and in our situation we can't afford to be picky so I'd probably give him a one year deal if wages aren't too high but not sure Powell will. He never really got too involved today
  • Options
    Mike said:

He's obviously got a bit about him and in our situation we can't afford to be picky so I'd probably give him a one year deal if wages aren't too high but not sure Powell will. He never really got too involved today

Maybe Powell won't be making his decision on the basis of one game?

• Options
    craigcafc said:

Mike said:

Maybe Powell won't be making his decision on the basis of one game?

Powell has watched him in training, of course, and says Coulibaly has been on the radar for "12 to 18 months" and the scouts have been monitoring. Powell said he himself hadn't seen him play until AFC Wimbledon, apart from in videos. (No jokes about Pardew, please.)

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Sounded like he was decent last time out, this may of been the make or break game for him. Can't keep playing him if there's a chance he won't be here, need to be playing Kermorgant/smith/pigott
  • Options
    I actually thought he had a good first half, squaring to Harriott when clean through was incredibly unselfish (possibly the wrong decision). Didn't seem as involved as the game wore on but that could be due to not being fully fit. I'd sign him provided he doesn't want big money. SCP must like the look of him having invested a fair bit of game time in him over the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I actually thought he had a good first half, squaring to Harriott when clean through was incredibly unselfish (possibly the wrong decision). Didn't seem as involved as the game wore on but that could be due to not being fully fit. I'd sign him provided he doesn't want big money. SCP must like the look of him having invested a fair bit of game time in him over the last couple of weeks.

Don't know if you were at AFC Wim, SE9, but there was a point in the second half when his unselfishness (or lack of confidence) seemed the wrong option. He was cutting in from the right with speed and power, had a good angle for a shot, yet swept a pass across the six-yard-box that came to nowt. Powell did say he liked the look of him after that game, actually said that with a bit of fitness training he could make an impact on the Championship - but he may have modified his opinion after today's game. Is there any chance we could extend his trial for another week: Daggers and Inverness? Or are Wisla Krakow genuinely turning the screw?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

... and in the match report on the Pompey website it's Souleymane Coulibaly. Shurely shome mishtake.

Souleymane Coulibaly is a young striker at Spurs
  • Options

ringer !!

Viewfinder there are some folks on here so desperate for a signing that they would welcome him.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Don't know if you were at AFC Wim, SE9, but there was a point in the second half when his unselfishness (or lack of confidence) seemed the wrong option. He was cutting in from the right with speed and power, had a good angle for a shot, yet swept a pass across the six-yard-box that came to nowt. Powell did say he liked the look of him after that game, actually said that with a bit of fitness training he could make an impact on the Championship - but he may have modified his opinion after today's game. Is there any chance we could extend his trial for another week: Daggers and Inverness? Or are Wisla Krakow genuinely turning the screw?

The only reason his pass was the wrong option today was because Harriott missed a sitter. It was a great bit of play and CH should have scored.

He's clearly very strong, and fast. Perfect combo for a striker, just a shame we didn't get to sample his finishing abilities.

• Options

ringer !!

Viewfinder there are some folks on here so desperate for a signing that they would welcome him.
    Hey, fossdeneboy, I'm desperate too! It gently amused me that we all fell in to delirious raptures when Ceddy (a reserve left-back, remember) signed up again - it was as though we had suddenly found gold in the city dump! I loved GrumpyAddick's very calm and wise suggestion he posted today on another thread: Why doesn't Powell release all of our players from their contracts, and then sign them all up again - just to give our morale a boost!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Croydon said:

se9addick said:

The only reason his pass was the wrong option today was because Harriott missed a sitter. It was a great bit of play and CH should have scored.

He's clearly very strong, and fast. Perfect combo for a striker, just a shame we didn't get to sample his finishing abilities.

I'm very glad to hear that, Croydon, because I didn't go to the game today but was immediately impressed by the man on Wednesday at AFC Wim. Glad you appreciated his strength and speed, qualities that don't often go together. One other vignette that struck me at AFC Wim: there was a slightly lazy back-pass to the Wim keeper, but no apparent danger - and Coulibaly, who was ten yards way, was suddenly in like Flynn to make a challenge on Worner. It occurred to me then that nine out of ten strikers would have merely observed this back-pass and given it up, or been already trotting back to the half-way line for the next move and not even seen it. But no, he was alert and willing, and he damn nearly won it, bundling over the keeper and giving him a fright. In that instant he reminded me of Paul Williams, a different player with a different physique - but the anticipation, acceleration and determination were the same.

A thought about the finishing abilities you mention that we were all willing him to show. It must be terribly difficult all round - for him, who only got off the plane in England on Monday; and for Powell, who has got to make a Yes or No decision so quickly. I know Coulibaly's career so far has been at a lower level, but he has scored 115 goals in 249 senior apps, so the onion bag isn't strange territory. Is there any way we can extend his trial to include the Daggers and the invaders from Inverness?

• Options
    The signs are there that he is worth a punt. I suspect Chrissy will take that punt too.
  • Options

The signs are there that he is worth a punt. I suspect Chrissy will take that punt too.

Unless SCP is confident that he has other at least as good irons in the fire then I think a one year deal would be worth a punt. If his trial is now over I guess the player moves on to show what he can do elsewhere. Krakow perhaps ?

• Options
    CP has given the player game time - but he is no doubt just as interested in his attitude, team play, training performances and how he's mixing with the players.

Aside from ability, Coulibaly also needs to buy into what Powell is creating at Charlton.
  • Options
    @NewsShopperSprt: Powell set to hold talks with trailist striker's representatives http://t.co/flAbJW1sBN #cafc #championship
  • Options
    SCP thinks he has the talent, he does seem like the kind of striker that would suit our style of play well, he could be a very good signing