Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adamo Coulibaly

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Disappointing as he looked decent v Pompey.
  • Options
    I think it was a bit of club spin about too many agents for us to deal with. I think we just had no money and he walked away. Seems Lens were able to conclude a deal with him pdq.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like he came to us to get fit for his trial with Lens
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Sounds like he came to us to get fit for his trial with Lens

Also because his agents never imagined we were that skint.
  • Options
    He always had a trial arranged with Lens. Apparently a random agent picked him up from Sparrows Lane and drove him all the way to Lens.
  • Options

I think it was a bit of club spin about too many agents for us to deal with. I think we just had no money and he walked away. Seems Lens were able to conclude a deal with him pdq.

Sadly i suspect that this is pretty close to the truth.
  • Options
    Truth is he had quite a good game with Lens.
  • Options
    Yep. I think we missed one there.
  • Options

Sadly i suspect that this is pretty close to the truth.
    No reason to doubt Powell's integrity tbh. Suspect that, as ever, when there's a complex situation with agents that you can get around it if you have deep pockets.
  • Options
    lens over came the issue quick enough totally to do with cash
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a terrible shame. Powell's excuse about 85 agents must be cobblers since he has signed for Lens tout de suite. I didn't go to Pompey but saw him at AFC Wimbledon and liked him right from the off: strong and quick - and an experienced scorer. In comparison, Obika and Church are mere lightweights....
  • Options
    I wonder how many agents Simon Church has
  • Options
    Just googled Coulibaly and it looks like the French press have picked up on Powell's comments - this article is titled "Adamo Coulibaly - the man with 85 agents"

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/rc-lens-adamo-coulibaly-l-homme-aux-85-agents-ia182b205n1443282

The rest is Google translated so sorry if some of it sounds weird;

IF no grain of sand disturbs the latest negotiations, Adamo Coulibaly will finalize today or tomorrow, a two-year contract for Lens.
    The Franco-Ivorian striker concluded his week with a goal and an overall favorable impression against Charleroi. He showed speed and percussion. It is also what has attracted the club Charlton (English D2) where he had to do a test before joining the Artois in the greatest secrecy.
    " We had enjoyed his speed and power when tested against Wimbledon (seventy-six minutes a game and hit the post), described the British manager Chris Powell, who had not seen the player on the basis of DVD on the club website. " We followed him for a year. We felt he needed playing time he showed great promise. We wanted to see him against Porsmouth, but the player has planted us without explanation to return to France. " A little later, Powell also described the initiation of negotiations: " It was then realized that he had at least eighty-five (sic!) people (actually five or six) claiming to represent England! "
    An observation: the new Lens in Azerbaijani capital can therefore compete with the Premiership and conduct negotiations a little less complicated.
    If he still thrilled the good thousand artesian fans who made the trip to Arras, double scorer of the Hungarian championship - as Daniel Ljuboja - will yet again go through a refresher physical level.
    " He has his own agenda-shaping during the first part of the summer, even thought Chris Powell. He did not start the recovery group, even though I was amazed by its ability to adapt after two days of presence with us. Moreover, it was not formed in the standard of professional clubs (Adamo Coulibaly is turned pro at 25 years). "
    Before his trial in Charlton, the player also tried his luck at Wisla Krakow who had flunked because of his age (32 years old in two weeks)
  • Options
    Yes, lets just blame the club for everything. Its not as if Lens are a bigger club or are based in his home country or anything....
  • Options
    So you think he has 85 agents ?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yes, lets just blame the club for everything. Its not as if Lens are a bigger club or are based in his home country or anything....

Do you really think that we are so inept that we go to all the trouble of scouting a player for "some time". Bring him in Pre season for a couple of games and training. Make all the right noises about liking him and then let him wander off without speaking with him or his people however briefly ? Or do you think all of the above but when he mentioned money we just choked and then tried to put a little bit of positive spin to save our blushes ? The choice is yours. Oh. By the way he concluded negotiations with Lens in less than a week.

• Options
    Lens probably put an offer on the table that all 85 agents had no hesitation in accepting!
  • Options
    he signed for Lens. Move on chaps!
  • Options
    it was all about money
  • Options
    when we were in with a shout of signing him, I was truly excited as he sounded like everything we needed but now he has signed elsewhere, he is shit and I never want to hear of him again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So does her have 58 agents ?
  • Options
    Anyone know how this dude is getting on?
  • Options

Scored 3 league goals and 1 in the cup in about 10 appearances.
  • Options

2 goals in 8 games

• Options
    Is that in the top french league?
  • Options

Is that in the top french league?

Oui
  • Options
    Lens are in the 2nd division