Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insults Guide

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    when a Charlton player (who shall remain nameless) missed a glorious chance for us a few seasons back, I did hear the bloke behind me shout:

"Man up you handicapped, pikey knob jockey. You're gay you poof, you play like a girl and you dress like a tranny. Now do the decent thing you half-caste wog and go back to your raghead neighbourhood you spaz. I never want to see you play in a red shirt again. My coloured, dwarf lezzer of a mum could do better than you and she's a cripple. Stop crying and don't be a woman you fairy rent-boy.

I'm going home now but intend to stop on the the way at a dyke for a fag so you can stop looking at me like that you lady-boy queen."

at least I think that's what he said.
  • Options
    Recently heard an older supporter shout to the referee's assistant at a bad decision (in quite a posh accent) - 'what's the matter lino? got the sun in your eyes?' which I found quite refreshing in a way
  • Options

The problem with this country is the ones that are offended the most are the tree hugging liberals who have nothing better to do. The people they claim to represent do not make half as much fuss.

Perhaps the problem is people who don't care what others think or who don't have the wit to say something that others don't find insulting.
  • Options
    I guess some people on here won't be downloading the Kick It Out app to report racist/homophobic abuse as it happens then?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    If you know a word you use is offensive to a significant number of people why use it? And if you do why pretend you're surprised at the reaction. The brilliant thing about the English language is that there are many many words to use without having to use racist or homophobic or sexist ones.

I do agree that man up is pretty inoffensive though.
  • Options
    iainment said:

If you know a word you use is offensive to a significant number of people why use it? And if you do why pretend you're surprised at the reaction. The brilliant thing about the English language is that there are many many words to use without having to use racist or homophobic or sexist ones.

When I played football, many moons ago, man up and man on had entirely different connotations. As did the word tranny.

• Options

Yes I am serious, none of the words offend me now nor would they offend me if I had mixed race parents, black skin, was four foot tall or walked on crutches. As one of the posters above said he has a friend who is a cripple (Oooo sorry) and he has no problem with being called one.

The problem with this country is the ones that are offended the most are the tree hugging liberals who have nothing better to do. The people they claim to represent do not make half as much fuss.

I'm mixed race. And while I wouldn't be "offended" if you called me half-caste (i.e. half-pure), I would think you were a complete knob.
  • Options

iainment said:

When I played football, many moons ago, man up and man on had entirely different connotations. As did the word tranny.

And as for the keeper fisting it away...
  • Options

iainment said:

And as for the keeper fisting it away...
    That's probably why we lost so many games :-)
  • Options
    Most if my power tools are 110v so I need a tranny to work them, is that okay with you lot?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are you serious? Or are you some kind of forum algorithm designed to create arguments and increase web traffic?

I have no idea what this word algorithm means but I like it

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's something to do with the rate in which the weed increases on the top of your garden pond.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Most if my power tools are 110v so I need a tranny to work them, is that okay with you lot?

A tranny works your tool?

Man up!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

BIG_ROB said:

A tranny works your tool?

Man up!
    I'm offended
  • Options

I guess some people on here won't be downloading the Kick It Out app to report racist/homophobic abuse as it happens then?

I do. I intend to report Arsenal for a lack of English players.
  • Options
    Someone used the derogatory term "munter" on CL a few weeks ago. I haven't got a clue what it means, but it sounds bloody good and I'm going to be using it all the time from now on.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Yes I am serious, none of the words offend me now nor would they offend me if I had mixed race parents, black skin, was four foot tall or walked on crutches. As one of the posters above said he has a friend who is a cripple (Oooo sorry) and he has no problem with being called one.

I'm mixed race. And while I wouldn't be "offended" if you called me half-caste (i.e. half-pure), I would think you were a complete knob.
    It's strange Jints. I've always felt it is difficult with different generations having different upbringings and levels of acceptability in terms of language.

Yet I'm 37, not what I would class as the 'older generation', but only picked up in the last couple of years that 'coloured' and 'half caste' are not viewed as acceptable. Ibwas certainly never aware of that growing up.

There is a huge distinction between descriptive, derogatory and insulting. I would only ever use / think in the descriptive sense, and despite picking up that they are not seen as I thought they were, I still think in that way.

• Options
    Half-pint.
  • Options
    I see fudge packer isn't there either, so 'you fudge packing limp wristed tosser' is also perfectly fine
  • Options
    edited July 2013

It's strange Jints. I've always felt it is difficult with different generations having different upbringings and levels of acceptability in terms of language.

Yet I'm 37, not what I would class as the 'older generation', but only picked up in the last couple of years that 'coloured' and 'half caste' are not viewed as acceptable. Ibwas certainly never aware of that growing up.

There is a huge distinction between descriptive, derogatory and insulting. I would only ever use / think in the descriptive sense, and despite picking up that they are not seen as I thought they were, I still think in that way.

Spot on AFKA, I would never dream of walking up to jints and saying "are you a half caste mate" however if I was describing him to a mate who could not place him I would say something along the lines of "you know he is the half caste fella who drinks in the...."

No offence meant and I would like to think no offence taken. I have a very close friend who has been left crippled following a motor bike accident, he says himself he is a cripple, nothing wrong with the word at all.

I am not going to discuss midgets with you though :-)

• Options
    I think they need better advisors when compiling insult lists in future, I mean, I put that list to farkin shame!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in my 40s AFKA. When I was a kid, half-caste was used all the time and it wasn't regarded as derogatory at all. It's about context really. If someone asked me if I was a half-caste, I'd cut him some slack if it was obvious he just didn't know that it's an archaic term these days.

It's not really a big deal (to me, at least). It's just about having the social intelligence to be aware of what you are saying and who you are saying it to.
  • Options
    I'm in my mid fifties and when I was growing up my parents always referred to black people as 'coloured' - it was considered a polite term then. My dad still refers to them as coloured and doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.
  • Options

I'm in my mid fifties and when I was growing up my parents always referred to black people as 'coloured' - it was considered a polite term then. My dad still refers to them as coloured and doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.

Your dad is not doing anything wrong is he, that is how he see's it?
  • Options
    Whilst I have become aware in the last 5 years or so, that many people take offence to terms such as coloured or half caste. I'm also aware that some do not.

How are the general public meant to know "the descriptive rules" have changed & when & where are these changes announced ? (Ok slightly in jest, but also serious).
  • Options
    Tom Bender is a Millwall player - what happens if he plays at Anfield? Why is the word Gypsy offensive?
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Tom Bender is a Millwall player - what happens if he plays at Anfield? Why is the word Gypsy offensive?

It's about how it's used I think.

• Options

Whilst I have become aware in the last 5 years or so, that many people take offence to terms such as coloured or half caste. I'm also aware that some do not.

How are the general public meant to know "the descriptive rules" have changed & when & where are these changes announced ? (Ok slightly in jest, but also serious).

I have often wondered this.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I have often wondered this.

Me too, and who makes these rules?
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Personally I cannot see anything wrong with words such as Half Caste, Coloured, Midget, Cripple or Handicapped and anyone that is offended with the term "man up" needs to take a serious look at themselves.

Yet another strike at the way we live by the PC brigade.

Are you serious? Or are you some kind of forum algorithm designed to create arguments and increase web traffic?

Yet another strike? At what point in your daily life are you forced to suffer by a imaginary collection of people?

Algorithm then. A human couldn't possibly be this stupid.
  • Options
    I still call Cif- Jif, Snickers -Marathons, Iceland- Bejams, HSBC- Midland, Myanmar- Burma and Yusuf Islam -Cat Stevens.......