Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sordell on loan **CONFIRMED - SEASON LONG LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Well done to Powell and the board for getting these signings across the line, think we have a stronger strike force than last year now. Considering Powell said Fuller is currently 50/50 we could end up with Kermorgant, Sordell, Church, Fuller which would certainly be strong.
  • Options
  • Options
    WSS said:

Lovely !

• Options
    Number ten.
  • Options
    Sordell is even better than I expected. Top signing even if only for the year.

However if we have to sell Wiggins to fund it as AB says then I won't be anywhere near as happy even though I can see why that would happen.
  • Options
    Great pic - he looks about 15 in that though!
  • Options
    If Sordell is as fast as is being made out then it sounds like we've picked up a player like Haynes but without the injury issues, which is clearly the kind of thing SCP was planning for from the start. Some people got themselves into a right lather on here but this looks like excellent business
  • Options
    Am i right in thinking that a season long loan still means Bolton could recall him at any point? I seem to remember we re-called Paul Hayes from Wycombe to the dismay of the Wycombe manager. And more recently Man City recalled Abdul Razak while on loan with us.

Just a thought, correct me if i'm wrong please.
  • Options
    Looks nothing like a fish.
  • Options
    53.2.2 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.3 below).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow! Late catching up with this news! Well happy with Sordell and trust SCPs judgement on Church. To give him a 2 year deal suggests he thinks he has seen enough to be confident Church can do the biz for us. I wonder if we are still trying for Obika too? I would rather have him than Ric back but it would give SCP a selection headache; I could see Ric being ok with the bench and coming on an an impact sub but both Obika and Sordell will be very hungry for first team action. Yann in a must but who would start with him? Must be Sordell, and I can't see Obika wanting to come on that basis.
  • Options

Am i right in thinking that a season long loan still means Bolton could recall him at any point? I seem to remember we re-called Paul Hayes from Wycombe to the dismay of the Wycombe manager. And more recently Man City recalled Abdul Razak while on loan with us.

Just a thought, correct me if i'm wrong please.

They can recall him in Jan but not before dependent on what clauses are in the deal as it is a season long loan.The deals you refer to were short term loans whereby you can recall someone after the first month.
  • Options
    Thanks Southbank
  • Options
    Well
    this is pleasing.
  • Options
    I think the player can only be recalled at any point if that is included as a clause in the agreement? At least that's what Football Manager taught me!

Otherwise, January is the only point of the season he can be recalled/sent back.
  • Options
    Well happy with this one. Don't spoil my high with the recall talk. Man.
  • Options
    Thanks Richard
  • Options
    Sordell-Kermorgant-Church-Fuller would be by far the best attacking selection we've had in years and probably the strongest unit of the squad if used properly.
  • Options
    Marv also has a pre-season under his belt which is a big bonus.
  • Options
    I'm happy with Sordell in particular but would not want to lose Wiggins...

I'll drive Stephens up there myself if he wants to return Oop North
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing to suggest he can be recalled in January. Sordell himself says "Charlton player for the season". We shall see.
  • Options
    I'm very excited with this news.
  • Options
    Been out for a bike ride and get home to this news. Frickin' nice one! Certainly lifted the mood.

COYA!
  • Options
    Very happy with Sordell. Church will have to win me over, but it's all good !
  • Options

Very happy with Sordell. Church will have to win me over, but it's all good !

He hasn't kicked a ball in anger in the league and he's got to win you over ??
  • Options
    i reckon charlton will finish 5th this season
  • Options
    He'll wear the Charlton red with pride, Sordell Sordell.
    Fifteen years on from Super Clive, Sordell Sordell.
    Hated by the Millwall scum,
    He takes the ball and scores for fun!

Marvin Sordell, Charlton's number 10.

:-)
  • Options
    two good signings so well pleased. Those championing the youth will be disappointed though. Assume there will be a departure or two, certainly on loan at least, to help cover the wages. Church getting two years will mean that hopefully we may try to tie down some of those out of contract next summer. Well done CP.
  • Options
    Flipping heck Large, you almost sound like you're seeing a silver lining ;o)
  • Options
    His name is Marvin Sord,
    He comes from the Reebok,
    And he can plaaaaay.