Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PNE v Blackpool pitch invasion

Comments

• Options
    more stewards inside OB with horses outside no need for them inside
  • Options
    Didn't Dario G write a song about this once...Life in a Northern Town....HoHum (This is life Jim, but not as we know it)
  • Options
    so the injuries were called by police horses.
  • Options
    A steward was trodden on by a police horse after a numpty PNE fan barged him over in front of it Dan.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

The police horse only went over the steward because the steward had been wrestled to the floor by an idiot who shouldn't have been on the pitch. It is only a matter of time before someone is badly hurt during a pitch invasion.

So predictable.
    Common sense often is.
  • Options
    no need for the horses in that clip
  • Options
    Or for them to be marching so close too people.
  • Options

no need for the horses in that clip

This.

Of course the incident was caused by the divs running onto the pitch, thats obvious, but there is still no need for the police horses to be inside the stadium.
  • Options
    I hope they find the coward that did that and ban him for life. No need for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A steward was trodden on by a police horse after a numpty PNE fan barged him over in front of it Dan.

Barged? They tussled, he spun away, steward fell over. I don't think he intentionally pushed him in front of the horse.
  • Options
    He also walks away with his hand up looking like he's apologising. Clearly not deliberate ffs.
  • Options

Barged? They tussled, he spun away, steward fell over. I don't think he intentionally pushed him in front of the horse.
    What? When I wrote that I was working from memory, now I have seen the clip above I can see clearly that he actually pushed the steward in front of the horse rather than barged him, there is no spinning there other than your take on the story.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Interesting how two people can see the same video in the different ways.

For what's it worth the way I see it, the steward is holding the man who is trying to get to get away and they're tussling. If the man could push the steward over to get away, he would've. Something has happened for the situation to change, that is clearly the horse!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Joking aside, there will be a proper investigation, the steward could've been killed. I expect the man to be banned for life as an absolute minimum.
  • Options
    He pushed him, end of. A punishable offence in my opinion. I very much doubt he meant to push him under the horse, but he did so he should be dealt with.
  • Options
    he shook him off with a little shove, the horse hit the guy and then he got trampled by the other horse

for the record there was no need for the fans to be on the pitch it was not promotion or a cup final winning game

but it was not an act of violent fans running towards each other ala millwall vs luton

there is a girl dancing in front of the fan ffs

no need for the horses they needed more stewards to stop the fans getting on in the first place
  • Options
    thought he turned him then he lost balance
  • Options
    either way, he was pumped full of creatine which helped no one.
  • Options
    seemed creatine fuelled
  • Options
    Th Preston fans ran to the Blackpool end to taunt them. It was provocative, the horses wouldn't have been on the pitch if the idiots hadn't run onto it. It is illegal to run onto the pitch whether in celebration or with more malicious intent. It should not happen under any circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Th Preston fans ran to the Blackpool end to taunt them. It was provocative, the horses wouldn't have been on the pitch if the idiots hadn't run onto it. It is illegal to run onto the pitch whether in celebration or with more malicious intent. It should not happen under any circumstances.

lol i dont think anyone can argue your point. The point people are making is that football grounds should hire more stewards, and not be paying the police to bring police horses inside the ground. There is no use for them.
  • Options
    in some circumstances pitch invasions are ok imo, if you have won promotion, the league got to a cup final or even just stayed in the league

taunting the fans is ridiculous if they want to dance then sort it out and dance

but that's why the stewarding should have been better
  • Options

for the record there was no need for the fans to be on the pitch it was not promotion or a cup final winning game

Who are you to tell another group of fans what they can or cannot feel passionate and excited about? To Preston & Blackpool fans that was a big game.

Heaven forbid Charlton should score a last minute winner against us this season and get carried away with their celebrations.

• Options
    thing is, there's no point in getting more stewards in as they wouldn't do anything anyway.....would you put your body in the way for the minimum wage!
  • Options

Who are you to tell another group of fans what they can or cannot feel passionate and excited about? To Preston & Blackpool fans that was a big game.

Heaven forbid Charlton should score a last minute winner against us this season and get carried away with their celebrations.

How many times does it have to be said - IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!
  • Options
    Don't think you'll need to worry about us running onto the pitch, bit too spontaneous.
  • Options
    More chance of Maurice hope returning to the boxing ring
  • Options

How many times does it have to be said - IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!
    So in your opinion, all 5-10,000 Reading fans should have been arrested for running on the pitch when they won the Championship?

All 300 or so Charlton fans who ran on after the Carlisle away game should have been arrested?

Yes, it is illegal, but so are 1001 other ridiculous laws in this country which rarely get taken seriously.

To Preston and Blackpool that was a HUGE game for them. No neutral supporter should be saying it wasn't the right scenario for it simply because it wasn't a promotion or a cup final winning game.
  • Options
    I am the man who decides if it is reasonable to go on the pitch who do you think I am
  • Options
    So.....no horses as they don't really achieve anything....and more stewards won't really matter as they rarely stop anything........fences or a free for all???