Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PNE v Blackpool pitch invasion

Comments

• Options
    free for all
  • Options
    I don't often agree with Paul Ince, but he is right, it is only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. A pitch invasion after a play-off game seems to now be compulsory, but how long will it be before someone gets trampled or a player assaulted? Of course most people are only celebrating, but it only takes one idiot with a grievance, or one person to fall over in the crowd. We football fans quite rightly complained when we were fenced in, and Hillsborough was a terrible consequence, but now that the fences are down, we need to show some responsibility and restraint in return.
  • Options

for the record there was no need for the fans to be on the pitch it was not promotion or a cup final winning game

Who are you to tell another group of fans what they can or cannot feel passionate and excited about? To Preston & Blackpool fans that was a big game.

Heaven forbid Charlton should score a last minute winner against us this season and get carried away with their celebrations.

How many times does it have to be said - IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!

I AM SURE EVERYONE HAS GOTTEN THAT POINT!!!!!!

But still some people still do it in the excitement and you will never ever stop it.
  • Options
    People do stuff that is ILLEGAL. It's a fact of life. You will never change that.
  • Options
    What do you do that's illegal JT?
  • Options
    saying there was no need does not mean they cant do it, imo unless you are going on there to kick off which they weren't then the goading and banter aspect you could do all around the ground,

IMO unless the game is worthy of the celebration, like promotion, or reaching a cup final or staying up then you make yourselves look tinpot for going on just because you beat your rival

is it that much of a shock is it that big an upset or do you want to make yourselves look muggy which is all they did last night look muggy, go on have a little dance around in front of the away end, all very much like Derby the other year with us

however if you are going on to celebrate with your players then atleast do it for a cause that wont make you look two bob
  • Options
    Glosfan said:

I don't often agree with Paul Ince, but he is right, it is only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. A pitch invasion after a play-off game seems to now be compulsory, but how long will it be before someone gets trampled or a player assaulted? Of course most people are only celebrating, but it only takes one idiot with a grievance, or one person to fall over in the crowd. We football fans quite rightly complained when we were fenced in, and Hillsborough was a terrible consequence, but now that the fences are down, we need to show some responsibility and restraint in return.

Absolutely right. The fences were at Hillsborough because fans couldn't be trusted to act properly. Now that 'fans' think they have the right to do what they want, whether it is legal or not, they need to be reminded of this.
  • Options
    Driving at 71mph is illegal.
  • Options

Glosfan said:

Absolutely right. The fences were at Hillsborough because fans couldn't be trusted to act properly. Now that 'fans' think they have the right to do what they want, whether it is legal or not, they need to be reminded of this.
    Although I agree (to an extent) about the dangers of pitch invasions, it was the fences dividing the pen structures which led to the deaths. Some countries still have fences to prevent pitch invasions and have had no problems. It would be a shame but if fans prefer to goad the opposing fans instead of celebrating with the players...
  • Options
    If the fences around the pitch at Hillsborough had not been there, the fans would have had an escape route.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Interesting how two people can see the same video in the different ways.

For what's it worth the way I see it, the steward is holding the man who is trying to get to get away and they're tussling. If the man could push the steward over to get away, he would've. Something has happened for the situation to change, that is clearly the horse!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Joking aside, there will be a proper investigation, the steward could've been killed. I expect the man to be banned for life as an absolute minimum.

What we need is a decent slo-mo from the other angle... :-)
  • Options
    That will probably be Preston's highlight of the season last night, last minute goal, let them have the chance to wind the Blackpool fans up. It's a massive game. It wasn't Preston v Charlton.

• Options
    SE10 said:

That will probably be Preston's highlight of the season last night, last minute goal, let them have the chance to wind the Blackpool fans up. It's a massive game. It wasn't Preston v Charlton.

If that's the highlight of Preston fans year I'd like to nominate Preston on the 'Crap Towns' list
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

SE10 said:

If that's the highlight of Preston fans year I'd like to nominate Preston on the 'Crap Towns' list
    It's a crap town regardless.
  • Options

If the fences around the pitch at Hillsborough had not been there, the fans would have had an escape route.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing.
  • Options

for the record there was no need for the fans to be on the pitch it was not promotion or a cup final winning game

Who are you to tell another group of fans what they can or cannot feel passionate and excited about? To Preston & Blackpool fans that was a big game.

Heaven forbid Charlton should score a last minute winner against us this season and get carried away with their celebrations.

Yeah, we'll all be on the pitch with our walking sticks, blankets, rattles and flasks of bovril!!
  • Options
    People love to drop a hillsborough comment every time someone even farts in a big crowd.

• Options
    DanDavis said:

SE10 said:

Done!
  • Options

Some people might suggest that for Paul Ince the pitch invasion deflects attention away from a defeat against a local rival who play in a lower league.

Several people have indicated that they feel the horses were unnecessary. I suspect that with the match coming to an end, the police had deployed their resources for post match events. With the pitch invasion occurring, the police would need to get the situation under control and quickly, horses seem to fulfil both requirements.
  • Options

Some people might suggest that for Paul Ince the pitch invasion deflects attention away from a defeat against a local rival who play in a lower league.

Several people have indicated that they feel the horses were unnecessary. I suspect that with the match coming to an end, the police had deployed their resources for post match events. With the pitch invasion occurring, the police would need to get the situation under control and quickly, horses seem to fulfil both requirements.

Well yeah they will if they go round treading on people!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

saying there was no need does not mean they cant do it, imo unless you are going on there to kick off which they weren't then the goading and banter aspect you could do all around the ground,

IMO unless the game is worthy of the celebration, like promotion, or reaching a cup final or staying up then you make yourselves look tinpot for going on just because you beat your rival

is it that much of a shock is it that big an upset or do you want to make yourselves look muggy which is all they did last night look muggy, go on have a little dance around in front of the away end, all very much like Derby the other year with us

however if you are going on to celebrate with your players then atleast do it for a cause that wont make you look two bob

I'm sure they don't care too much about how they look to random Charlton fans or anyone else for that matter. They clearly despise Blackpool and felt the need to do it cos they were that happy. End of.

West Ham did the same when they were playing Millwall in the same cup 4 years ago. That's what happens in these derbies sometimes. To a lot of supporters, the joy that comes with beating a rival you haven't played in a few years has that short term euphoria of winning promotion.
  • Options
    I don't feel that making a valid point is arguing for arguing sake, and I don't feel mentioning Hillsborough is a knee jerk reaction. The fences that led to those awful deaths were put up in response to just the kind of behaviour witnessed last night.
  • Options
    Sorry, but fans invading the pitch to taunt the opposition is not on. When we are at the Den this season, and 12000 scum fans invade the pitch to celebrate their last minute win, and run straight towards our end, I won't be thinking "Oh, what jolly japes to let them invade the pitch"

You can't compare this with promotion games such as us at Carlisle, or Cardiff when they got promoted against us, as there the invasion wasn't to taunt the oppositon and provoke a reaction.
  • Options
    Can I just say If this had been Preston playing anyone other then Blackpool or anyone big in Lancashire the ground would have been near empty anyway!
  • Options

A steward was trodden on by a police horse after a numpty PNE fan barged him over in front of it Dan.

Barged? They tussled, he spun away, steward fell over. I don't think he intentionally pushed him in front of the horse.
    What? When I wrote that I was working from memory, now I have seen the clip above I can see clearly that he actually pushed the steward in front of the horse rather than barged him, there is no spinning there other than your take on the story.
    He intentionally pushed him and as a result the steward ended up under a horse, but I think it's a step too far to say he intended to push him under a horse.

That said, he seemed at best unconcerned that the guy was injured.
  • Options
    Let's not go back to the days before Hillsborough. Personally I don't see the need for fans to rush the pitch after a promotion either, but worryingly the reason the police felt the need to rush onto the pitch with their horses was the risk of violence between two sets of fans, as one had been goading the other from the pitch.

The incident was caused by people running on the pitch, not by the police's reaction.
  • Options
    rikofold ask yourself this, if there were no polices horses would someone have trodden on by a police horse?
  • Options
    the police should use tigers instead.

that would eradicate the problem of fans running on to the pitch.
  • Options
    But what if a tiger attacks a player?
  • Options
    all tigers at a match would be on a lead.