Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PNE v Blackpool pitch invasion

124»

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

all tigers at a match would be on a lead.

A lead? You need a word with my mate one armed Pete. He tried putting a lead on a tiger once...

This is turning into a classic CL thread.
  • Options
    Glosfan said:

I don't feel that making a valid point is arguing for arguing sake, and I don't feel mentioning Hillsborough is a knee jerk reaction. The fences that led to those awful deaths were put up in response to just the kind of behaviour witnessed last night.

You're correct but it wasn't those fences that caused the deaths, plenty of places still have fences (and terraces) because they can't trust the fans and they have never suffered deaths.

Bringing up Hillsborough during pitch invasions is pretty poor in my opinion.
  • Options

Macronate said:

A lead? You need a word with my mate one armed Pete. He tried putting a lead on a tiger once...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgS1RFk1cU8
  • Options
    "it wasn't those fences that caused the deaths." Pretty strange logic if you ask me, of course it wasn't just the fencing, there were several reasons, but are you really saying that if the fences were not there people would still have died?? And it was mainly due to Hillsborough that the fences in this country were brought down, so I don't really see your point?
  • Options
    They've had tigers at Hull for years and I've never heard of any trouble!
  • Options
    BHA have seagulls and they can be nasty feckers!
  • Options
    It does say R.O.A.R on the tickets
  • Options
    Also last time we played Bristol Rovers these twats followed me home...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyt-D8aTf90
  • Options
    early season exuberance after a local derby that hasn't taken place for a while .... mind you, that steward took a bit of a nasty horse-shoeing
  • Options
    Glosfan said:

"it wasn't those fences that caused the deaths." Pretty strange logic if you ask me, of course it wasn't just the fencing, there were several reasons, but are you really saying that if the fences were not there people would still have died?? And it was mainly due to Hillsborough that the fences in this country were brought down, so I don't really see your point?

There could've been as people would panic and could be trembled on as they tried to escape as the surge would've happened still and they still would be squashed against the side fences which were the real killers. Obviously the disaster wouldn't have been as bad though.

I could go on but I would rather discuss tigers and bears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Know doubt both clubs will be fined, I would rather the clubs funds were used on the playing squad, than put into the coffers of the football league.
  • Options
    Haha, fair enough Friend or Defoe, seems a good stage to agree a friendly 'agree to differ' :) I agree that the Tigers and Bears are probably going to make this thread more entertaining on the long run :)
  • Options
    rikofold said:

A steward was trodden on by a police horse after a numpty PNE fan barged him over in front of it Dan.

Barged? They tussled, he spun away, steward fell over. I don't think he intentionally pushed him in front of the horse.
    What? When I wrote that I was working from memory, now I have seen the clip above I can see clearly that he actually pushed the steward in front of the horse rather than barged him, there is no spinning there other than your take on the story.
    He intentionally pushed him and as a result the steward ended up under a horse, but I think it's a step too far to say he intended to push him under a horse.

That said, he seemed at best unconcerned that the guy was injured.
    If you watch the BBC footage he's the one at the front goading their fans until he gets ushered away by a copper then he spots the horses coming on the stewards blindside, moves over to him and deliberately pushes him in their way. No other way to see it imo.

Blokes a complete wrong 'un who is very, very fortunate that that he caught the horse in such a way it pushed him out to the side and not under it. Had that not been the case we could be looking at a fatality ffs as plenty of people have died under horses even at a relatively slow speed.

Horses have been used for crowd control at football for nearly a 100 years so not really getting the point of some on here that they had no place being on the pitch during a pitch invasion.
  • Options

rikofold ask yourself this, if there were no polices horses would someone have trodden on by a police horse?

If there were no stewards would one have been trampled? What a ridiculous question. Police horses are there to help restore order, if there was no disorder, if there was no-one on the pitch the horses wouldn't have been there.

Some people seem to want to blame OB for everything.

• Options

Glosfan said:

There could've been as people would panic and could be trembled on as they tried to escape as the surge would've happened still and they still would be squashed against the side fences which were the real killers. Obviously the disaster wouldn't have been as bad though.

The pens weren't there for the comfort of supporters mate, whether at the sides or the front. And there'd be little point to the side fences without the ones at the front, would there.

I don't know if you're on a wind up or just being bloody minded for the sake of it. Either way, I wish you'd stop it. If you can't understand the relationship between pitch invasions, fences being put up and people dying at Hillsborough I'd suggest you do some research.
  • Options

Macronate said:

sorry to hear about that.

how did Pete lose his arm?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Know doubt both clubs will be fined, I would rather the clubs funds were used on the playing squad, than put into the coffers of the football league.

I must have missed something, Why would Blackpool be fined ?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Glosfan said:

The pens weren't there for the comfort of supporters mate, whether at the sides or the front. And there'd be little point to the side fences without the ones at the front, would there.

I don't know if you're on a wind up or just being bloody minded for the sake of it. Either way, I wish you'd stop it. If you can't understand the relationship between pitch invasions, fences being put up and people dying at Hillsborough I'd suggest you do some research.
    Not on a wind up, you're just not very good at reading. I'm not sure where I claimed the fences were for comfort and not to stop pitch invasions.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Dansk_Red said:

I must have missed something, Why would Blackpool be fined ?
    for losing if they hadn't none of this would've happened Paul Ince facing a 10 game ban for it aswell
  • Options

rikofold said:

Glosfan said:

Not on a wind up, you're just not very good at reading. I'm not sure where I claimed the fences were for comfort and not to stop pitch invasions.
    Perhaps your superior reading skills could help point out where I said you did claim that.

What you did say was that it wasn't the fences that caused the deaths, when clearly if the pens weren't there - and by implication the reasons for them weren't there - the disaster wouldn't have happened, not least because the fans would have been able to spill across the whole end and if still necessary onto the pitch.

Bloody minded it is then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He'd never get past the fence. ;-)
  • Options
    Underwater tigers? Jesus! that's arguably worse than getting hit by a sharknado!