Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Run to the beat training how is it going?

Comments

• Options
    Tom's worried about keeping up!
    I think he should be more concerned how he's going to carry us both. ;)
  • Options
    Once more unto the breeches....
    Good luck everyone taking part tomo. I'll be behind you all the way and I mean that in a very real sense :-)

http://www.justgiving.com/TheCharltonUpbeats
  • Options
    Good luck guys. I will sponsor you on Monday.
  • Options
    I took the advice from Wss, I was out until gone midnight loading up on carbs in liquid form, followed a late supper of pâté, cheese and biscuits and in bed by 3am up at 10am and out with Bailey for a 4 mile walk. Not forgetting the full English before I went. I'm like a coiled spring. See you about 9am by the cafe Jon. Pasta for tea tonight, it's not to late is it? ;)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Good luck guys. I will sponsor you on Monday.

Thanks B, fancy a beer tomorrow afternoon after walking the dogs?
  • Options
    We're like finely tuned engines eh Ray ;-)
  • Options
    3blokes said:

We're like finely tuned engines eh Ray ;-)

Don't we know it! ;)
  • Options
    I've got my dad round about one. Depends what time he goes but he normally stays till six. But if we can pop up we will.
  • Options
    Running for Demelza tomorrow (hoping to stand out in the bright red t shirt rather than the Nike green standard issue one - http://www.justgiving.com/Ross-Cruse1 - any top ups would be really appreciated! Thanks a lot guys.
  • Options

Running for Demelza tomorrow (hoping to stand out in the bright red t shirt rather than the Nike green standard issue one - http://www.justgiving.com/Ross-Cruse1 - any top ups would be really appreciated! Thanks a lot guys.

Good luck Isls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers mate, same to you and all the others. Will be worth it when the pints are being supped after!
  • Options
    Good luck everyone. I'm bricking it!

If you see a tall/fat bloke sporting a red hat with the Charlton badge, then make sure you give him a wave ;)
  • Options
    Good luck today everyone especially @TCE
  • Options
    Come on then lads how did you get on??

There is music in the pub garden this afternoon Ray. Really bad planning on my part having visitors.
  • Options
    @cafctom gave you a come on you reds outside the maritime museum just after mile 11 you heard me! Well done mate.
  • Options
    I did Leaburn, good on you mate!

I did it in just over 3 hours (not sure of the actual time). Those last three miles were so painful. And the last one seemed to go on forever!

My feet are in such a state now, well done everyone though!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Didn't know this happening, bad day to drive to watch sonic captain his team to a 2-1 victory at Meridian, 'ah well, home now :)

Well done everyone
  • Options
    Well that was a journey of discovery :-) mainly that it was very LONG way.
    Did it in 2.42 apparently but all I wanted to do at the end was finish. Always a privilege to run with TCE who lost no time in accidentally ( so he said) touching someone's breasts within the first mile. It took a further 4 miles for the smile to disappear from his face. ;-)
    My training had been difficult because I was trying to allow a ankle problem to get better. All I can say is that the swimming training really helped with the cardio bit which was little problem, and the legs just about held up on the day.
    Well done everyone who took part, some of the race organisation was pretty dodgy in places but all in all it was a good day and a good event.
    Now if I can just somehow crawl from the sofa to the toilet in time, my day would be complete.....;-)

• Options
    How deceiving was that last mile? I was ready for the glorious finishing run at the top of the hill. Nope, turn left....and then turn left again! I could barely feel my legs!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It was the hill too! Putting that at the end was just mean!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done everyone, especially that young lady. I appear to have damaged my left shin and have a feckin great blister on my right foot. I managed a disappointing 3hr 48secs according to the finish line but my time via the text message was 2hr 51min which i should be pleased with but know i can improve on, I found myself a rather pretty young lady struggling with the last 500m offering some encouragement she took my hand and we ran hand in hand almost to the finish (knowing my wife would be around the finish) we parted. ;) The hug from Dave Storry at the end was gratefully received but he doesn't know close he was to me throwing up. Jon, a privilege as always. Regards to the family and sorry I missed them.
  • Options
    Ray, a hug from Colin would make me a bit bilious at the best of times, let alone at the end of 13 miles! ;-) you did a grand job Ray today seeing as you were having problems with that calf muscle after 150 metres.:-)
    And now just waiting for that curry to be delivered....:-)
  • Options
    Well done all. Having done RTTB last year I know how much pain you're in now and will be for a few days.
  • Options
    How bad was that Vita Coco stuff? Almost ended up hurling at Woolwoch Barraks when I tasted that stuff. And then at the end - everyone dying for a drink after 13 miles to be greeted with offers of that stuff. Think I saw people reject it than take it.

Not a great sponsorship for them!

Well done everyone who did it though. Bit stiff this morning after sitting on the train for half hour!
  • Options
    Well done Guys, brilliant effort.

My running club colleague ran it in 1hr 29 yesterday, bloody ridiculous pace!
  • Options
    Well done, be proud of your personal and fundraising achievements
  • Options

How bad was that Vita Coco stuff? Almost ended up hurling at Woolwoch Barraks when I tasted that stuff. And then at the end - everyone dying for a drink after 13 miles to be greeted with offers of that stuff. Think I saw people reject it than take it.

Not a great sponsorship for them!

Well done everyone who did it though. Bit stiff this morning after sitting on the train for half hour!

I loved it, admitted if it had been lukewarm it may have been different. Just been out with dogs for couple of hours that loosened a few bits up. Talking of the barracks, how ridiculous was running in and out of the same gate? I think that needs to be looked at again. But all in all it was a good day.
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm doing the Royal Parks Half marathon in around 3 weeks so been good keeping up with your "struggles". I'm hoping to break the 2 hour mark but think I've been slightly optimistic!!

I'm running on behalf of Orchid - a Male Cancer charity and have raised over £500 so far. My dad was diagnosed with an agressive form of prostate cancer over a year ago and has recently been given the all clear which has made the training more enjoyable. I've been given an old signed Charlton shirt which I'm going to auction on ebay.

Jon (3 Blokes), it's Tom (Major Tom), glad to see your still doing the marathons! Say hello to everyone for me. Haven't seen Jen and Dave in ages. Still going down the Valley?

For anyone that's interested www.justigiving.com/orchidmajor
  • Options
    Hello Tom! :-) good on you for doing the run :-) how's things? Jen and Dave are doing ok I'll tell them what you're doing.
    Well I seem to be able to walk (mostly unaided! )today after yesterday so I'll take that as a positive. ;-) enjoy your run and I hope you raise plenty of money.
    Jon
  • Options
    How are you all feeling today?

My legs and feet are in a whole world of pain right now, like nothing I've ever felt before!

From those who run a bit more regularly, any good tips on how to reduce blister pain? I'm in agony!