Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favorite Actor?

Comments

• Options
    David Jason
  • Options
    Neil Patrick Harris
  • Options
    James Stewart, Clint Eastwood, Robert De Niro.
  • Options
    Tom Hanks, Bruce Willis & Idris Elba
  • Options
    Paul Newman
  • Options
    Pacino
    De Niro
    Brando
    Day Lewis

In my opinion these are the absolute great actors of cinema. Then there's my personal favourites

Seth rogen
    Stephen Fry
    Clint Eastwood
    Lee van cleef
    Danny trejo

Perhaps not the most talented in ability and versatility but I will catch if it involves any of these.
  • Options
    Robert DeNiro, Richard E Grant, Denholm Elliott, Eli Wallach (fo Tuco alone).
  • Options
    Will add cusack to my jean Reno. Grosse pointe black one of my faves.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Peter North

There's always one :-)

• Options
    Gerard Depardieu...has he made a bad film?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Denzel Washington.
  • Options

Yes and you nose it!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Yes and you nose it!
    Your's obviously a fan.

• Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    Leo di Caprio and Tom Hanks
  • Options
    John Hurt

De Niro

And a special mention for John Candy.
  • Options
    I'd go along with di Caprio and Denzel Washington .. Also:

Michael Douglas
    Daniel Day Lewis
    Burt Lancaster
    Gregory Peck
    David Jason
    Michael Gambon .. amongst others .,. there are SO many genres and candidates to choose from
  • Options
    Anybody who isn't Bruce Willis or Mickey Rouke.
    Are we allowed to have actresses in this list - I see we haven't got any yet?
  • Options
    John Travolta
    Daniel Craig
    Liam Neeson
  • Options
    Can't pick one it's impossible so:

Jimmy Stewart
    Spencer Tracey
    Gene Hackman
    Robert Duvall
    Robert de Niro
    James McAvoy

and many others
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Robert De Niro was my absolute hero in my youth. Yes, I know it's a tragedy that he does absolute shite now, but that's an incredible body of work from Mean Streets to Raging Bull.

Jack Nicholson. Incredible in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, but my favourite Nicholson performance would be The Last Detail.

Warren Oates. One of the great unsung, and, if you will, cult actors of the Seventies. Favourite Oates performances: Two-Lane Blacktop, Cockfighter, Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Hired Hand, The Shooting, and a supporting turn in The Wild Bunch.

• Options
    Like daveaddick, I find it impossible to pick one, so many great ones mentioned already, but I would like to add Toby Jones to the list.
  • Options
    I love these threads. Have to agree hawksmoor about Warren Oates I would also give a shout for Jeff Bridges (never bad) and one of my all time favourites Robert Mitchum.
  • Options
    Jack Nicholson, Di Caprio, Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and our very own David Jason (not made it big in films but always plays very good characters).
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Anybody who isn't Bruce Willis or Mickey Rouke.
    Are we allowed to have actresses in this list - I see we haven't got any yet?

Yes actresses. Mine would be Jessica Stevensson for her spaced performance and royal family bit part.
  • Options
    There are actors who always more or less play the same role (Clint Eastwood, Robery Morley for example), and their are actors who can act. Day Lewis, and Dustin Hoffman are good examples of proper actors, and although I think he is a bit of a git Ben Kingsley.
    The criteria for actors, is first they should be actors rather than slightly different examples of the same person.
    BTW
    Check out Hugh Grant in 'An Awfully Big Adventure.
    I rate Timothy Spall, and a whole host of other Brits (e.g. Postlethwaite) especially those often found in Mike Leigh films.
  • Options
    Good call and one of my favourite films.

• Options
    Stephen Graham and Gary Oldman for me
  • Options
    Colin Firth
    David Morrissey
    John Simm
    Vincent Cassell
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Night of the Hunter (1955)

Cracking film to watch late at night in the dark on your own...

"Bringing in the sheep, bringing in the sheep..."