Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favorite Actor?

Comments

• Options
    Robert Duval in Open Range was a barn storming performance
  • Options
    I brushed shoulders with a few thespians in The Greenroom at The Barbican Center when I was working there, Sir Del Jacoby being one of em
  • Options
    Robert Redford and Paul Newman any film with these two in. Modern day Matt Damon
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Robert Redford and Paul Newman any film with these two in. Modern day Matt Damon

Butch and Sundance and not forgetting Rollerball
  • Options
    Brian Cranston
    David Jason
    Denzel Washington
  • Options
    Morgan Freeman. The man has got a voice that tucks you into bed
  • Options
    Laurence Olivier
    Robert Shaw
    and Kevin Spacey (mainly for American beauty)
  • Options
    The Film Seven is brilliant with a great acting cast.
  • Options
    Robert De Niro in Raging Bull is the best i've ever seen.

For one that probably hasn't been mentioned, Paul Whitehouse, who is Johnny Depth's favourite actor!
  • Options

For one that probably hasn't been mentioned, Paul Whitehouse, who is Johnny Depth's favourite actor!

who? (:->)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is he the one that does the really long interviews?
  • Options
    A lesser known actor I like who has demonstrated versatility in theatre, tv, film and radio over many years is Roger Allam.
  • Options

John Cusack. Di Caprio. Day-Lewis. Also Lenny James.

Cusack has been in some Brilliant Films BUT he always plays the same character.
  • Options
    I like Idris Elba
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

John Cusack. Di Caprio. Day-Lewis. Also Lenny James.

Cusack has been in some Brilliant Films BUT he always plays the same character.
    75% of the actors on this thread do/ did the same performance over and over again. Morgan Freeman!? Oh please! That guy has been phoning in performances for 20 years. It's embarrassing. Almost as bad as Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson.

There has to be some criteria or justification!! Seth Rogen got mentioned on here in the same breath as Clint Eastwood.

Idris Elba is one step above Eastenders acting.

• Options
    Al Pacino gets the nod here. Although Beds hit it on the button about recent films.
  • Options
    But Idris Elba is good looking
  • Options
    Another for Jack Nicholson here.
  • Options
    Stephen Graham.
    Denzel Washington.
    Seth Rogen.
    John C. Reilly.
    Jack Nicholson.
    Edward Norton.
    Paul Rudd.
    Ryan Gosling.
    Morgan Freeman.
    Clint Eastwood.

Would give any film a watch if the above were in it.
  • Options
    Peter O'Toole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paddy Considine is one of my favs .

This from dead man's shoes is a great example why . Fantastic versatile British actor .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmjNLAU7zLQ
  • Options
    Steve buschemi very versatile.
  • Options
    Shane Ritchie is very good at his portrayal of Alfie. The only decent actor in eastenders.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Shane Ritchie is very good at his portrayal of Alfie. The only decent actor in eastenders.

This has gotta be a joke
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Dave2l said:

This has gotta be a joke
    Shane Ritchie is nearly as wooden as William Roache (Ken Barlow). They are both awful.
  • Options
    Steve Buschemi
    Eddie Marsan
    Sean Harris
  • Options
    Can you judge acting when it is TV and Film, and they have loads of takes to get it right? I propose that only performances live should qualify for 'good'. However for 'favourite' the rules are your own.
    Having said all that, it is amazing how poor some film/tv performances are considering they can always do it again.
  • Options
    Shane Ritchie is a good actor at british soap standards. Not Hollywood level.

Put it this way he plays a nice happy like-able bloke in Alfie to a good standard, and is probably quite the opposite when not acting.
  • Options
    I assume actresses count.? The fabulous Sheridan Smith who will go on to become our greatest ever.
  • Options
    Adrian Edmondson. I think he's knockout, especially when he's in a punchy role.......