Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    iaitch said:

Chazza, is this post meant to be for the worst debutant?

It was! Edited now.

• Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 8m
    CP on @jordancousins94: "He has discipline in his role, terrific athleticism, is good on the ball and he scores goals!" #PressDay (IL) #cafc

So that's him and Churchy that Powell has been bigging up - think SCP is turning to name and praise as his way of motivating in the absence of contracts, pay rises etc! Though Church is one of the few on two years, of course...

• Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 8m
    CP on @jordancousins94: "He has discipline in his role, terrific athleticism, is good on the ball and he scores goals!" #PressDay (IL) #cafc

So that's him and Churchy that Powell has been bigging up - think SCP is turning to name and praise as his way of motivating in the absence of contracts, pay rises etc! Though Church is one of the few on two years, of course...

Notably neither really involved in the piss poor performances before... let's hope his/our faith is rewarded!
  • Options
    He did something I don't normally see our midfielders do - he passed the ball, then ran forward to provide a passing option!!
  • Options
    It would be great to see Jordan start on Saturday, he had energy and vision which has been sadly lacking throughout the team.
  • Options
    Let us not put too much pressure on Jordan, if he starts on Saturday.People are getting a bit carried away with his substitute appearance against Barnsley. He is a player with a lot of promise no more. If he doesn't play well I hope people on here and other forums will support him.
  • Options
    I think it would be a wise move to start him tomorrow.
  • Options

I think it would be a wise move to start him tomorrow.

If no JJ or Stephens, Pritch & Jordan in the middle ?

• Options
    If no JJ yes. If JJ is fit - him and Jordan in middle with Pritch on right. Stephens on bench whatever.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

He did something I don't normally see our midfielders do - he passed the ball, then ran forward to provide a passing option!!

can't see the point in that. Surely better to have someone like Gower standing still spraying five yard sideways passes around and having a high completion rate than someone who might risk losing the ball.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

mendonca said:

can't see the point in that. Surely better to have someone like Gower standing still spraying five yard sideways passes around and having a high completion rate than someone who might risk losing the ball.

That sounds like less of a spray and more of a drip ;)
  • Options
    Sky report that JJ is "very doubtful" for Saturday, so I imagine it will be Gower and Cousins against Donny.
  • Options
    I will be surprised if Jordan Cousins starts on Saturday , i don't mean that in a disrespectful way , i think Pritchard is back from his ban , and i think he'll be a shoe in , CP doesn't like taking too many risks , and seems to be cautious by nature , and only seems to make changes when forced upon him , i'm going for Gower and Pritch in the middle , with Wilson on the right , he looks like he needs game time , hope he can shine, Cousins will be on the bench , i wait to be surprised.
  • Options
    From the way Powell is talking about him here it sounds to me like he'll probably start.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/10629130.Powell_only_too_happy_to_take_Cousins_gamble/
  • Options
    Suspect it'll be Cousins and Gower in the middle tomorrow. Pritch back in for Wilson. Probably Stephens and Wilson on the bench with Green dropping out of the squad completely.

Suspect Cort will start too.
  • Options

Suspect it'll be Cousins and Gower in the middle tomorrow. Pritch back in for Wilson. Probably Stephens and Wilson on the bench with Green dropping out of the squad completely.

Suspect Cort will start too.

Can't see Pritch playing on the right again , not if he's been reading Charlton Life recently.

• Options
    i think he'll be a sub tomorrow, but a defo one, as in, if Gower/Pricth are having any hint of a bad game Powell will sub Cousins on
  • Options
    Looked really good today, so composed and sensible in keeping his passes simple. Also he's got quite a physical presence, which we haven't seen from our midfielders in a while.
  • Options
    Thought Cousins was probably the only positive today
  • Options
    Looks v promising..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looked really good today, so composed and sensible in keeping his passes simple. Also he's got quite a physical presence, which we haven't seen from our midfielders in a while.

Agree with this. Looked much more up for it than most of the squad. Will be unhappy if he's the one who makes way for Jackson's return.

• Options
    Cousins looks good, at the base of the midfield. Agree with that was one of the few positives. No way should he give way. Gower will need to make way. It will be terrible misjudgement if Gower plays and Cousins doesn't.
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins contract situation needs to be sorted out pronto.
  • Options
    vff said:

Cousins looks good, at the base of the midfield. Agree with that was one of the few positives. No way should he give way. Gower will need to make way. It will be terrible misjudgement if Gower plays and Cousins doesn't.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Cousins and Harriott were the two bright spots for me today.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Did well today. Hope he gets a run of games as with no money he might just be our best hope of finding a good and mobile CM at this level. We saw last season that a loanee probably isn't going to be that player. Would like to see him alongside Jackson (and in better conditions!).
  • Options
    Looked really good on the ball today in poor conditions and looks to have plenty of time, which is impressive, as he is stepping straight into league football at Championship level.

I might be wrong but I thought he lost his direct opponent on the first goal, allowing him to break into the box and score with a free header. Needs to learn from that and track his opponents runs a lot better than he did today on that occasion. That will improve with experience.

Obviously the next Academy player destined to play in the Premier League.

• Options
    Cousins looked the part today, would like to see how Jackson and Cousins work together in CM.

Also thought Church looked lively and took his goal well.

Lots of negatives, but a couple of bright sparks.
  • Options
    vff said:

Yup sorry Gower... He looked better today but its gotta be Jacko and Cousins in the middle when the team is 100% fit - We cant afford to have two 30 plus players in the centre of the park with no pace
  • Options
    vff said:

Jordan Cousins contract situation needs to be sorted out pronto.

So does the majority of the squad, not to mention the manager!!