Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 10th Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Come on people let's not move away from the current format!

Also a song to Mowbray would be funny but I'd imagine that the response from the fans will either be: 1) Nothing as fans haven't watched/forgotten/don't care about his interview or 2) A simple 'Mowbray you're a c**t'
  • Options
    Take a point

1-1

and proper chuff
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0 (again).
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options
    2-2
  • Options
    With all due respect has to be a home win, nice little 2-1 with a home debut goal or two.
  • Options
    1 - 1
  • Options
    With all due respect we should not be losing at the Valley to Charlton...

2-1 to the Addicks
  • Options
    Id like to see Hollands and Jackson in the middle of Jackson and Stephens. Not a fan of Gower. Green on the right and would also start Church and Kermo up top.
  • Options
    With all due respect, can somebody suggest a really good insult to throw at Mowbray as he walks to the dug out please?

Hope our team are fired up for this one - I am!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice Intro stubley

I'd like to see : hamer, solly, devrite, morro, Wiggins, green, Hughes, Jackson, harriot, kermo, church

0-0 draw
  • Options

With all due respect, we should be booing Tony Mowbray at home

I agree. Do we have a suitable song to sing to the prick?

we should be beating boro, we should be beating boro, i know you dont believe us i know you dont believe us, i know you don't believe us, we should be beating boro
  • Options
    3-1 Addicks. Match thread from 14:00 hours...........COYR's!!!!
  • Options
    We are expecting to win. For cafc that is a bad sign. 2 - 1 to boro.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

We are expecting to win. For cafc that is a bad sign. 2 - 1 to boro.

This.

Missus is from the Boro, so we'd better win....

• Options
    A 3-0 win to CAFC, followed by Mowbray getting the sack for losing to a team like Charlton.
  • Options
    2-0 home win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I would like to see Green start and Cort in for Dervite as Jutkiewicz will be a handful and strong in the air, JJ for Hughes, if he is not fit then Hollands
    Going for a 2-0 win, Mowbray sacked for losing at little ole Charlton the graveyard of many a visiting manager
  • Options
    I really don't get why Hollands should be in the team. In the 14 games he played last season we won only 3, leading him to be loaned out to a lower division club. He's a lovely guy and a real trier, but the Championship is one division too high for him. Even against Oxford this week he looked slow and ponderous. Hughes, Gower, Jackson and even to some extent Stephens have proved themselves at Champoinship level. If Hollands is under sonsideration I would rather take a chance with Cousins.
  • Options
    I think there is a massive overreaction here about Mowbray said. I think he was referencing the team based on league position and nothing to do with the club itself..

but it is what it is and when it's frustrating it's frustrating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think there is a massive overreaction here about Mowbray said. I think he was referencing the team based on league position and nothing to do with the club itself..

but it is what it is and when it's frustrating it's frustrating.

We were higher than them at the time.
  • Options
    Welcome, Itiswhatitis. So will you be trying to get your username into every post ;-)
  • Options
    it's a catchphrase

thanks for the welcome.

I do think the 'chimp' thing is a bit harsh on the guy. From what i've heard of Mowbray he is usually quite respectful, nice guy.

Adomah could do some damage on Saturday....

I've always liked Boro tbh, a similar club in stature.
  • Options
    The quote from Mowbray wasn't meant to be disrespectful, he was just saying that we should be beating teams who were on form/in or around the playoffs if we want to get promoted. It wasn't a direct attack on Charlton and was probably just him choosing the wrong words
  • Options
    3-1 win, Mowbray to be sacked the next day
  • Options
    Southbank said:

I really don't get why Hollands should be in the team. In the 14 games he played last season we won only 3, leading him to be loaned out to a lower division club. He's a lovely guy and a real trier, but the Championship is one division too high for him. Even against Oxford this week he looked slow and ponderous. Hughes, Gower, Jackson and even to some extent Stephens have proved themselves at Champoinship level. If Hollands is under sonsideration I would rather take a chance with Cousins.

You may be right about Hollands but as I understand it he was carrying a toe injury which impeded him for much of last season.

If that is the case and he is now fully fit I'd like to see how he does because I thought he was excellent the season before.
  • Options
    Didn't we get the same/similar comments from the other knob jockey Clark??

Anyway.......what about......

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T,

You won't get from C-A-F-C,

R-E-S-P-E-C-T,

You are Chuckle Brother number 3!!!"

.............or something like that :-)

• Options
    What a terrible chant!

Didn't we get the same/similar comments from the other knob jockey Clark??

Anyway.......what about......

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T,

You won't get from C-A-F-C,

R-E-S-P-E-C-T,

You are Chuckle Brother number 3!!!"

.............or something like that :-)

• Options
    Mowbray won't get sacked if Boro lose tomorrow. 100% no chance.

Steve Gibson doesn't work like that, he isn't a shortsighted chairman.
  • Options
    If Jacko is fit, he'll come in for Hughes. If not, I'd pair Stephens with Gower.

On the right, I'd be inclined to go with Wilson, as Carayol is a dangerous winger ( as is Adomah ), and Wilson will offer more support to Chris Solly. The Boro midfield will probably be quite solid with Whitehead and Leadbitter and we may be a bit 'loose' with Green and Harriot on the flanks. We can always bring Greeny off the bench, if required.

I expect Chris to start with Yann and Marvin Sordell up front, with Church and Pigott on the bench. Good to see that Boro's own "Marvellous Marvin" ( Emnes ) got an average of 2.8 from their supporters for his showing against Accrington on Tuesday.

We are rightly favourites but, as ever, the first goal will be very important - the more so, given their atrocious record this calendar year.