Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 10th Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    Chuck said:

who apart from Harriot do we have to run down the left flank? Jackson seems to have settled as a CM now

Jordan Cook, apparently
  • Options
    Chuck said:

who apart from Harriot do we have to run down the left flank? Jackson seems to have settled as a CM now

At a push Evina and Sordell
  • Options
    Got a bad feeling about today. If we play like we did against Bournemouth then 2-0 boro.
  • Options
    Midfield will be the key battleground. Whoever dominates there will win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Big chance for Danny Green to make a positive impression at Charlton, no silly corners please Danny, work your nuts off, and whip your balls in for Yann ( that just sounds wrong).
  • Options
    Hopefully yann will be up for getting on the end of dannys balls mia.
  • Options
    Obviously vital for both clubs to get their league season going, and that points the way to an 'agreed' draw if no one runs away with things earlier in the match.
    Boro are under a little more pressure than us, with their players wanting to salvage rather than storm it, and our players looking to make a positive impression given that there is currently not a lot between all of the guys in our squad.
    Pritchard missing is highly significant as he plays like two men, Jacko may return which would add finesse missing from Hughsey's game.
    If we can get the central midfield sorted, and if Green is picked and plays for the team rather than just himself, and if we can hold our nerve and pass it like on Tuesday we may be OK.
    I don't know how dangerous Boro can be, I suspect they will be no mugs, we have to stifle them and impose our game on them. An early goal today would come in very handy indeed.
  • Options

Mowbray won't get sacked if Boro lose tomorrow. 100% no chance.

Steve Gibson doesn't work like that, he isn't a shortsighted chairman.

The fact that Gibson appointed Mowbray in the first place refutes your statement?

• Options
    This will be the 99th meeting between the two clubs...am I right in saying that we have only played Portsmouth more times?
  • Options

This will be the 99th meeting between the two clubs...am I right in saying that we have only played Portsmouth more times?

Dunno about that but it feels like we play Huddersfield more than everyone else.

Not looking for a repeat of last year's performance from us, or Boro for that matter. COYA

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be interesting to see which midfield Powell goes with. I will be worried if both Green and Stephens start.
  • Options
    scoredraw

• Options
    Really hope to win this though weve had a habit of really boring draws with Boro.
    1-1 tight but drab game I suspect
    UNLESS
    the fans play their part in which case I see a 2-1 home win!

Do me proud in my absence chaps
  • Options
    As above, you don't often see a clear winner in these games and they're often boring. Only ones I can think of is the 1-4 last season and our 0-3 win at the Riverside back in the Prem where Rommedahl was unplayable.

Add to that that our first Saturday home game last season was 0-0 against Hull... I'll go the same again, hopefully a Yann moment of magic will sneak us a 1-0 win. :-)
  • Options

As above, you don't often see a clear winner in these games and they're often boring. Only ones I can think of is the 1-4 last season and our 0-3 win at the Riverside back in the Prem where Rommedahl was unplayable.

Add to that that our first Saturday home game last season was 0-0 against Hull... I'll go the same again, hopefully a Yann moment of magic will sneak us a 1-0 win. :-)

Lets hope that yann bit of magic isn't ruled out like against Hull last year.
  • Options
    Good memory!
  • Options

Good memory!

Hard to forget the weather that day. Jesus, it came down.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Will be interesting to see which midfield Powell goes with. I will be worried if both Green and Stephens start.

Reminds me of the old quote from Brian Clough...they float like a butterfly, but sting like one too.

Looking forward to seeing a midfield not clogged up by Bradley Pritchard today.
  • Options
    come on you Addicks .. get this season properly on the road
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Anyone know if there is any radio commentary of the game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Borofan said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I fancy Harriott to give Parnaby problems with his pace, and assuming he plays, Green can do the same to Friend, who is a centre back playing left back.

Middlesbrough were poor for much of the game at the end of last season and are probably further weakened since then.

Parnaby won't play, he's our 3rd choice right back. Also Friend isn't a centre back playing left back, he's a left back who can play centre back. He has no problems with a lack of pace and likes to get forward.

We aren't further weakened, we've signed Adomah who will undoubtedly give your left back problems and Varga and whitehead to beef up the midfield.

I'm sure Wiggins is shitting himself. Probably didn't sleep a wink last night
  • Options
    I'm expecting a panda to pop up with an 89th minute winner for em...feckers!
  • Options

I'm expecting a panda to pop up with an 89th minute winner for em...feckers!

Bamboo shoots and ......... scores!

• Options

I think Stubley has picked the correct starting 11.

I think we'll win, which is bad news, as I'm usually wrong :-(

This !