Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 10th Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Is anybody else worried that this maybe their turning point?
  • Options
    Team will more than likely be

Hamer
    Solly Morrison Dervite Wiggins
    Wilson Stephens Hughes/Gower Harriott
    Kermorgant Sordell

Subs - Pope, Church, Cort, Cook, Hughes/Gower, Cousins, evina

Maybe Jackson for Stephens if fit.

• Options

No Jackson, no points.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I would like to see Green start and Cort in for Dervite as Jutkiewicz will be a handful and strong in the air, JJ for Hughes, if he is not fit then Hollands
    Going for a 2-0 win, Mowbray sacked for losing at little ole Charlton the graveyard of many a visiting manager

Have to say Cort in for 'undroppable' Morrison, who, last week at Bournemouth, sadly continued his poor performances from last season. So slow and indecisive.

• Options

Is anybody else worried that this maybe their turning point?

I think you'll find Golfie is.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've only seen us beat them once, so on that basis, 1-0 loss
  • Options
    All about the first goal, so im going for 3-0nil to the addicks! Jackson, Church & Sordell

COYR
  • Options
    i think charlton have more confidence than boro. the only thing i will say is that even though i think we will win and probably play well and kee a clean sheet. beware of wounded animals
  • Options
    Would love to see us beat this lot after Mowbray's comments last season. I don't think we will but I do feel there will be goals in this match. 2-2 and we off the mark I hope....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Borofan said:

The quote from Mowbray wasn't meant to be disrespectful, he was just saying that we should be beating teams who were on form/in or around the playoffs if we want to get promoted. It wasn't a direct attack on Charlton and was probably just him choosing the wrong words

I'm sure that's right. But no harm in supporters - and Powell, too - using it to gee up our team!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a boro fan I can see a lot of harm!
  • Options
    With all due respect we should be beating teams like Boro at home. I think we will, with a clean sheet. 2-0 Addicks. Maybe Dutch will get a game.
  • Options
    2-1 home win
    Hamer
    Solly Morrison Devite Wiggins
    Wilson Stephens Jackson Harriets
    Sordell Kermorghan
  • Options
    Given Boro's poor start to the season it's a game we probably ought to win but you never know with us. Hoping for a narrow win 2-1 but expecting 1-1
  • Options
    Traditionally on this forum, when everyone is massively optimistic we flop. And when we dont expect anything, such as leicester away, we get 3 pts. Think they are one of those teams that have good players on paper. They tore us a new one at our place last year so would take a point. Need the first 3 of the season though, so need to go at them from the start tomorrow.
  • Options
    We badly need Jackson back IMO.
    If he plays I think Gower will make way and Wilson will fill-in for Pritch and I'll go for a narrow victory 1-0.
    If Jackson misses out, my post-Bournemouth pessimism fears a narrow defeat. 0-1
  • Options
    I was negative for the Oxford game, so time to be positive ... 5-0 win
  • Options
    Middlesbrough sold 805 tickets expect more on the day
  • Options
    Like most Championship games, this one will be won and lost in midfield. Boro have Leadbitter & Whitehead, who has arrived from Stoke. Whoever CP selects in Cent Mid will need to dominate against those two if we are going to win the three points.
    I fancy Harriott to give Parnaby problems with his pace, and assuming he plays, Green can do the same to Friend, who is a centre back playing at left back. Both will need plenty of service from the central areas and support from both full backs bombing on.
    Whoever CP selects alongside Kermit, Sordell or Church are perfect fits to play alongside Yann. All three are capable of 20 goals this season. Sordell's play coming off the centre backs & Church running in behind, provides different options, not forgetting Pigotts hold up play. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

Middlesbrough were poor for much of the game at the end of last season and are probably further weakened since then.

2-1 to Charlton.

• Options
    Kick start to our season with a home win. Prediction 3-1 Yann, Church and Jackson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love a home win, but expect Charlton and Boro to both get off the mark in a 2-2 draw
  • Options

With all due respect, we should be booing Tony Mowbray at home

I agree. Do we have a suitable song to sing to the prick?

we should be beating boro, we should be beating boro, i know you dont believe us i know you dont believe us, i know you don't believe us, we should be beating boro
    Brilliant!
  • Options

Mowbray won't get sacked if Boro lose tomorrow. 100% no chance.

Steve Gibson doesn't work like that, he isn't a shortsighted chairman.

Won't stop the chants of 'you're getting sacked in the morning'.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

I fancy Harriott to give Parnaby problems with his pace, and assuming he plays, Green can do the same to Friend, who is a centre back playing left back.

Middlesbrough were poor for much of the game at the end of last season and are probably further weakened since then.

Parnaby won't play, he's our 3rd choice right back. Also Friend isn't a centre back playing left back, he's a left back who can play centre back. He has no problems with a lack of pace and likes to get forward.

We aren't further weakened, we've signed Adomah who will undoubtedly give your left back problems and Varga and whitehead to beef up the midfield.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Adomah looked pretty ineffective against us home and away last season. I'm not worrying about him too much.

(...he'll get a couple of assists and a goal now.)
  • Options
    He didn't seem to give our full backs problems when we played Brizzle City lat season. Granted he was their best player but didn't cause Wiggins too much trouble.
  • Options

Adomah looked pretty ineffective against us home and away last season. I'm not worrying about him too much.

Adomah was Bristol's only attacking threat last season, so all teams would do is put 2/3 men on him and he'd be useless, but the rest of the team couldn't exploit the space he'd created. Do that against boro, and leave some space open and carayol or emnes will tear you a new one
  • Options
    Borofan said:

Adomah was Bristol's only attacking threat last season, so all teams would do is put 2/3 men on him and he'd be useless, but the rest of the team couldn't exploit the space he'd created. Do that against boro, and leave some space open and carayol or emnes will tear you a new one
    Not tore a new one to anyone else recently so why us ?

• Options

Borofan said:

Not tore a new one to anyone else recently so why us ?

No Adomah
  • Options
    who apart from Harriot do we have to run down the left flank? Jackson seems to have settled as a CM now