Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst actors ever

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Whoever played Pete Beale in East Enders

YES!

Who could forget dear old Peter Dean delivering lines like "Cup of splosh please Sis"?
  • Options
    Russell Brand
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The bloke that plays norris in corrie and that bird that plays emily in the same programme

This is about actors not characters, Malcolm Hebden is a superb actor. Norris isn't real.

Fair point. I have to endure it when the Mrs has it on sometimes and the whole cast infuriate me, except for Tina!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Sandler - the joke is almost never on him. I first noticed this in Happy Gilmore (which I like despite myself). No matter who he rows with, the joke is always on the other guy and he always comes out on top. Not like the classic comedy actors of the 80s like Candy, Martin and Chase. Those guys were happy to be the butt of the joke. but not Sandler. The guy hates doing press, which is fine, but turning up drunk? W****r.

Ferrell, meanwhile, resorts to shouty nonsense. I don't dislike him the way I do Sandler, but when he doesn't have a joke with a punchline, Ferrell just shouts and waves his arms. It's kinda pathetic. I find it so odd when people quote Anchorman, because it's basically just nonsense, allegedly made funny by moustaches.

He is great in Stranger than Fiction. I wish he'd do that kind of role more often.

Meh, he's equally good in Everything Must Go and Eastbound and Down. Anyone that doesn't like Anchorman is dead inside. And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego
  • Options

The bloke that plays Dev in Corrie is hilariously bad

So this !

Even when his wife died he didn't look upset, fake crying.

It was so bad I was laughing.
  • Options

Adam Sandler, cannot stand him act all.

JiMMy 85 said:

John C Reilly JiMMy? Really? Have you not seen Step Brothers?

I think he's a nice guy. I think he's funny. I think he's great playing it straight in We Need To Talk About Kevin. But I don't like his performances, I find them repetitive and not particularly funny. And I am going to try really, really hard to not talk about Will Ferrell/ Step Brothers. I honestly think you have to be f***** in the head to think Ferrell is funny. See, I knew I shouldn't have started...
    You boys need to watch some Paul Thomas Anderson films. Both these actors take on very serious roles and are brilliant in them. Completely changed my opinion on them as actors. I thinks sandler unfortunately prefers to star in terrible films. Did you know sandler was tarantino's first choice to play the bear Jew donnie donowitz in Inglourious Basterds? There's a reason two of the finest modern filmmakers rate him.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Nicholas Cage.

he is awful

• Options
    Dean Gaffney (Ex-Eastenders). Couldn't act scared if he was on Northern Line tube at mid-night.
  • Options
    Statham and Steven Seagal anyone????
  • Options
    Thing is most Adam Sandler fims are not very good but I recently watched a movie called "Reign Over Me" where he plays a man who loses his entire family in the 9/11 attacks and his life unravels until he meets up with an old friend played by Don Cheadle and I have to say he was really excellent in it. He grew his hair for the part and immediately looked like a young Bob Dylan. Check it out is a great movie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The stud in Doris Does Deptford. He couldn't even fake it.
  • Options

Thing is most Adam Sandler fims are not very good but I recently watched a movie called "Reign Over Me" where he plays a man who loses his entire family in the 9/11 attacks and his life unravels until he meets up with an old friend played by Don Cheadle and I have to say he was really excellent in it. He grew his hair for the part and immediately looked like a young Bob Dylan. Check it out is a great movie.

Same with punch drunk love, it's really quirky but it works, you can feel his character slowly bubbling and boiling over.

Also I agree nic cage is a terrible actor, constantly overacts and tends to be box office poison. How he still gets roles is beyond me.
  • Options

Adam Sandler, cannot stand him act all.

JiMMy 85 said:

John C Reilly JiMMy? Really? Have you not seen Step Brothers?

I think he's a nice guy. I think he's funny. I think he's great playing it straight in We Need To Talk About Kevin. But I don't like his performances, I find them repetitive and not particularly funny. And I am going to try really, really hard to not talk about Will Ferrell/ Step Brothers. I honestly think you have to be f***** in the head to think Ferrell is funny. See, I knew I shouldn't have started...
    You boys need to watch some Paul Thomas Anderson films. Both these actors take on very serious roles and are brilliant in them. Completely changed my opinion on them as actors. I thinks sandler unfortunately prefers to star in terrible films. Did you know sandler was tarantino's first choice to play the bear Jew donnie donowitz in Inglourious Basterds? There's a reason two of the finest modern filmmakers rate him.
    I know I'm in the minority on Reilly whenever this comes up, and I am even more in the minority on PT Anderson. I've seen and respect all of his movies, but I didn't enjoy watching any of them.

Interesting fact on Sandler - just looked that up. He's had A LOT of interesting roles that he nearly took. Just makes him more of a twat in my eyes that he never pushed to appear in them as hard as he pushed for, say, Jack & Jill.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Sandler - the joke is almost never on him. I first noticed this in Happy Gilmore (which I like despite myself). No matter who he rows with, the joke is always on the other guy and he always comes out on top. Not like the classic comedy actors of the 80s like Candy, Martin and Chase. Those guys were happy to be the butt of the joke. but not Sandler. The guy hates doing press, which is fine, but turning up drunk? W****r.

Ferrell, meanwhile, resorts to shouty nonsense. I don't dislike him the way I do Sandler, but when he doesn't have a joke with a punchline, Ferrell just shouts and waves his arms. It's kinda pathetic. I find it so odd when people quote Anchorman, because it's basically just nonsense, allegedly made funny by moustaches.

He is great in Stranger than Fiction. I wish he'd do that kind of role more often.

Anyone that doesn't like Anchorman is dead inside. And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego
    It's... it's clever... 'cos he said 'fuck'... get it? A news anchor swearing.... He swore! Genius. With a moustache on too! Is there no end to this brilliance!?
  • Options
    Jonah Hill and,Danny Dyer, both play the same part every time.
  • Options

Jonah Hill and,Danny Dyer, both play the same part every time.

That may be the case but Jonah Hill does it well. Hilarious in Superbad.
  • Options

Also I agree nic cage is a terrible actor, constantly overacts and tends to be box office poison. How he still gets roles is beyond me.

Happens to be Martin Scorsese's nephew = Hollywood Royalty, I tend to agree about most of his stuff but some of the work he did with David Lynch is excellent.
  • Options
    Nic Cage that is - can't quote this pm. Liquid Lunch
  • Options
    Nic Cage can be very good if he actually tries - but for every Leaving Las Vegas there are a dozen Ghost Rider/Wicker Man remakes/National Treasures. It's quite sad really. That said, he was also in Con Air, The Rock and Face/Off, three films I love so I can't possibly consider him in the same category of bad as Sandler/Dyer/Seagal.
  • Options
    I nearly forgot Mel Gibson. He's a shite not very good actor either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

Not Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. Which reminds me of another nominee

Sofia Coppola in Godfather part 3. What pile of steaming poo that film is.
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

Not Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. Which reminds me of another nominee

She was pretty good in the original Godfather movie though.

• Options
    Riviera said:

shirty5 said:

YES!

Who could forget dear old Peter Dean delivering lines like "Cup of splosh please Sis"?
    KAAAAAATH!
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Danny Dyer

this

• Options
    Danny Dyer's schtick works perfectly in Severance. He's limited but he knows it. Hard to pick on him for making his way in the world quite successfully with such limited ability.
  • Options
    Danny Dyer.
  • Options

Riviera said:

shirty5 said:

YES!

KAAAAAATH!
    TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEKOL

• Options

JWADDICK said:

How old was she in that then?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

JWADDICK said:

How old was she in that then?
    At a rough guess a few weeks old.

She played the baby at the christening scene as a series of mafia hits takes place across New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDlBLvc3YE
  • Options
    Tim Roth.

And don't start any nonsense about Reservoir Dogs, even Harvey Keitel was embarrassed.

He's a blaze of dog-shit over the silver screen in anything he's ever appeared in.