Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2013/2014 Weekly betting thread

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    @AddickAddict did u do this in a shop or online? and if so with who?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

@addick addict did u do this in a shop or online? and if so with who?

On line - haven't backed in a shop for over 10 years. I also worked for Betfair during that decade but use whoever, on line, offers the best odds.

I use Oddschecker to determine that but do find BetVictor come out a lot of the time in front.

• Options
    have just done my bets tonight to find out games involving rochdale and crewe have been called off.William hill still had the games available to bet on which has annoyed me
  • Options

cafc4life said:

@addick addict did u do this in a shop or online? and if so with who?

On line - haven't backed in a shop for over 10 years. I also worked for Betfair during that decade but use whoever, on line, offers the best odds.

I use Oddschecker to determine that but do find BetVictor come out a lot of the time in front.

This is how I do my betting. I have an account with pretty much most online bookies and use oddschecker to determine who I use. Agree also Bet Victor comes out on top 9 times out of 10 for best prices in football bets.

• Options
    took your advice @AddickAddict and done the 7folds and 9 team accy.

Now watch 6 teams win.
  • Options

Now watch 6 teams win.

The advice was the perm and not the selections so I hope those are your own picks!

• Options

Now watch 6 teams win.

The advice was the perm and not the selections so I hope those are your own picks!

ha yeah i done my own picks mate, i meant the style of bet!
  • Options
    Will give that a go tonight as well I think
  • Options

Now watch 6 teams win.

Addict does it not depend though on the prices and the number of selections.
    I also think where the bookies have the upper hand is they know a lot of football punters back with fairly small stakes and are not really interested in laying out a tenner to win £30 back.
    When Gary put his bet up the other day was thinking with the prices he could of done four trebles
    If Gary only wants to lay out £10 though 2 quid trebles and a 2 quid acca.
    The treble would of paid about £25 for Gary
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Now watch 6 teams win.

I also think where the bookies have the upper hand is they know a lot of football punters back with fairly small stakes and are not really interested in laying out a tenner to win £30 back.
    When Gary put his bet up the other day was thinking with the prices he could of done four trebles
    That's absolutely right.

Re prices I try to avoid backing at short prices and if possible avoid odds on (the above bet isn't the norm because I am using it as a "hedge").

The fact is that the likes of City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc will be "overbet" so there is no edge in backing them. At the other extreme, if, for example, you know on a Monday that Welling have 10 injuries for a match the following Saturday against Woking who are 9/4 then you have a massive edge over the bookie when including Woking.

The argument as to whether to do a £10 fourfold or reduced trebles and fourfold is really down to your mentality and bank and I agree that to most people a tenner is neither here nor there. So, if you are happy to risk all of your stake on all of them coming in then that's fine but, in the long run, you will probably find that you would have been better off doing the perm. And it wouldn't have stopped Gary having got the £25 back to say that this time he's going to use that return to pick four teams again but use the £25 to give him £5 trebles and a £5 acca.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    United, Swansea, Newcastle pays just under 6/1
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

United, Swansea, Newcastle pays just under 6/1

Good luck CAFC. Wonder whether Cabaye will play because he is a massive influence to their side.

• Options

clb74 said:

Now watch 6 teams win.

....... if you are happy to risk all of your stake on all of them coming in then that's fine but, in the long run, you will probably find that you would have been better off doing the perm.........
    Percentages. I like the cut of your jib AA :o)
  • Options
    Gone against AAs advice and taken

Man U
    Derby
    QPR
    Reading
    brentford

about 7:1 with free bet on PP if one fails.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Man U
    Derby
    QPR
    Reading
    brentford

Acca insurance
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Man U
    Derby
    QPR
    Reading
    brentford

Congrats Hans. Nothing like a 95th minute goal to make the win seem so much sweeter ;-)
  • Options
    6 of my 9 won (newcastle & oxford both drew 0-0)…so just waiting on Man City to return £25.

tonights bet:

Sunderland
    Chelsea to win to nil
    Barca to win to nil

£20 returns £128
  • Options

IdleHans said:

Man U
    Derby
    QPR
    Reading
    brentford

Congrats Hans. Nothing like a 95th minute goal to make the win seem so much sweeter ;-)
    Thank you - not much to make the correct bet seem much sourer than a work blackberry that wont work on PP's site hence prevent you from placing your bet. And I would have been home in time to place it except my car battery dies at work yesterday too. What a great night!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

IdleHans said:

Man U
    Derby
    QPR
    Reading
    brentford

Thank you - not much to make the correct bet seem much sourer than a work blackberry that wont work on PP's site hence prevent you from placing your bet. And I would have been home in time to place it except my car battery dies at work yesterday too. What a great night!
    Oh dear!

• Options

6 of my 9 won (newcastle & oxford both drew 0-0)…so just waiting on Man City to return £25.

tonights bet:

Sunderland
    Chelsea to win to nil
    Barca to win to nil

£20 returns £128

Well at least the perm paid for tonight's bet. Chelsea had something like 35 attempts on goal of which 15 were blocked!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

tonights bet:

Sunderland
    Chelsea to win to nil
    Barca to win to nil

£20 returns £128

Well at least the perm paid for tonight's bet. Chelsea had something like 35 attempts on goal of which 15 were blocked!
    Yeah City paid for my bet. I like the 7 folds/accy. Never thought of doing it like that and makes sense, so cheers for the advice AA.
  • Options
    For the doom merchants if you are that sure on charlton being relegated why not lump on at 2/1. With a new account some sites would give you £250 for a £50 bet.
  • Options
    its that time of the week again ; )

gone for it big time today

Newcastle
    man utd
    saints
    spurs
    everton
    swansea
    wigan
    sheff weds
    Leicester
    derby
    reading
    blackburn

@ 3,310/1
  • Options
    Got a few on, but my most likely is:

Tottenham
    Brentford

£20 returns £72
  • Options
    man u, spurs, liverpool, swansea 12/1

spurs, Man Utd, liverpool, qpr, swindon, leyton O 70/1

SWindon, wigan, qpr,cardiff,man u, Luton 40/1
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Wigan handicapped -2, 9/2 on W/hills, doubled with Derby -1 at Birmingham, 11/4.
    Not so sure about Derby but can't see any other potential thrashings on today's coupon. May perm with Forest to have a big win home to Yeovil tomorrow, and Brighton at Watford.
  • Options
    Bet365 £2 on returns £740:
    West Spam
    Southampton
    Man U
    Ipswich
    Sheff Wed
    Orient
    Brentford
    Wolves

Bet 365 £5 returns £400:
    Swansea
    Norwich
    Spurs,
    Derby
    Leicester
  • Options
    Whill: Newcastle, Cardiff, Everyon, QPR,Wigan, Gills, Peterboro & Chesterfield
    £2.50> £270

Whill: PSG, Real M, Blackburn, Swindon, Aberdeeen, Coventry & Reading
    £2.50> £153
  • Options
    Noticed the odds on A Wigan win have come in twice over last few days, and that Wigan -1 has also come in
  • Options
    We are 5/1 today, fcuk me... Mite have a cheeky tenner on us