Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford Away September 2013

Comments

• i'm just getting a train straight from euston. my thinking is that will be quicker rather than going through the whole of the metropolitan line as watford is the last station.
  • Need some advice with the train if anyone can help. Getting tube on the metropolitan line to Watford is that the best option?

Nope. Will take you ages.

Get the overground from Euston to Watford Junction.

• I'll probably come direct from East Croydon, anybody know if can if Watford Jct is covered by an oyster card?
  • Croydon said:

I'll probably come direct from East Croydon, anybody know if can if Watford Jct is covered by an oyster card?

It is
  • Going with my 11 yr old. First visit to VR.

You can also get a train from Clapham Junction to WJ - takes about 40 mins
  • Croydon said:

I'll probably come direct from East Croydon, anybody know if can if Watford Jct is covered by an oyster card?

It is
    Cheers pal

• walkabouts before? good shout?

Yep, that's where we will be.

wicked, theres quite a good number of us so should be a good crack in there
  • Got my 4 today. However, I bought 4 under 19 tickets and on the side of the tickets it says 'Charlton Athletic £10 - under 16's'. I had a quick check and I definitely bought the right tickets, so does anybody know whether this will be an issue?

Cheers.
  • Need some advice with the train if anyone can help. Getting tube on the metropolitan line to Watford is that the best option?

Cheers. Does a travel card run to Watford junction or do I get separate ticket?

• cafcvfr said:

Got my 4 today. However, I bought 4 under 19 tickets and on the side of the tickets it says 'Charlton Athletic £10 - under 16's'. I had a quick check and I definitely bought the right tickets, so does anybody know whether this will be an issue?

How tall are you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jints said:

cafcvfr said:

Got my 4 today. However, I bought 4 under 19 tickets and on the side of the tickets it says 'Charlton Athletic £10 - under 16's'. I had a quick check and I definitely bought the right tickets, so does anybody know whether this will be an issue?

How tall are you?
    About 6 ft 1...

You need a Zones 1-9 one

You need a Zones 1-9 one
    Cheers.

• Watford A on Saturday. 500 tickets left.

As of 2pm on the morning of Monday, September 9th, 1,467 tickets had been sold.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/#82Ggbc1EGJIhtlKc.99
    cafcvfr said:

Cheers.

I'm confident you're ok, because I thought the same. They tear off whatever you are. IE my adult one has the adult bit torn off showing the £15 & £10 options.

My under 19 son has two tabs torn off, just showing the £10 U16.

It seems strange to me.
  • Watford A on Saturday. 500 tickets left.

As of 2pm on the morning of Monday, September 9th, 1,467 tickets had been sold.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/#82Ggbc1EGJIhtlKc.99

cafcvfr said:

Cheers.

I'm confident you're ok, because I thought the same. They tear off whatever you are. IE my adult one has the adult bit torn off showing the £15 & £10 options.

My under 19 son has two tabs torn off, just showing the £10 U16.

It seems strange to me.
    Ah right. Yes that does seem strange. Cheers for clearing that one up though.

Ta.

Watford High Street is 10 minutes walk away. Decent boozer opposite also. It only takes 40 minutes from Euston, good option.
  • am I the only one driving ??? I hope so, as then I'll be able to park easily.

Watford High Street is 10 minutes walk away. Decent boozer opposite also. It only takes 40 minutes from Euston, good option.
    20 minutes from Euston buddy. 40 mins if you get the overground all stopper.
  • edited September 2013

am I the only one driving ??? I hope so, as then I'll be able to park easily.

That's where you're going wrong. Let the train take the strain. Have a few beers & you might find that you enjoy yourself :-)
  • am I the only one driving ??? I hope so, as then I'll be able to park easily.

Parking is never a problem at Watford.
  • Sponsored links:

Make sure you get the travel card to watford junction as its not technically in zone 9 but in the special fares apply zone - the amount of people ive seen getting caught by this.

Oyster cards work fine though.
  • edited September 2013
    a
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    ONE DAY LEFT FOR WATFORD: Tickets available from Valley commercial centre until 3pm on Thursday --> http://bit.ly/1aqJX2O (IL) #cafc
  • 350 tickets left
  • C'mon Charlton, we've got to win this one , its my wifes 'Birthday match' please 'start quick' from the off , score early , and take the pressure out of the match , COYR!!!!
  • Apparently (so I've been told), that the club are in talks with Watford to see if away supporters can buy tickets on the day, if so we will find out tomorrow.

If this is the case, we should sell out on Saturday. If not, then 1,700 isn't as bad as I feared it would be.
  • Looking forward to this. 5 of us making the short trip, hoping for a repeat of last year :)
  • will i be able to take a small backpack in with me?
  • depends what's in it....
  • clothes... ipad... chargers... shaving razor