Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford Away September 2013

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry about numbers we can't help them, the drum will be there plenty of noise from the south londers and bournemouth would of brought a few as they haven't been there in a few years! UTA
  • Options

clothes... ipad... chargers... shaving razor

Thanks Siv , i could do with a shave! :-0

• Options

That'll be fine, deodrant cans can be a bit dodgy though.

• Options

will i be able to take a small backpack in with me?

Seb takes his every week so you should be fine
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

That'll be fine, deodrant cans can be a bit dodgy though.

There are a lot of Charlton fans that would agree with you there!!
  • Options
    280 tickets available on the door
  • Options
    Siv , any chance you can pack some chocolate , i do love a crunchy bar.
  • Options

Siv , any chance you can pack some chocolate , i do love a crunchy bar.

Worry not, mon ami .

Reliable Fanny will have her lucky choccy fingers if you fancy something sweet.

Honest !

• Options
    Any recommendations for pubs before the game? Going on my own so would be nice to see some friendly faces!
  • Options
    i think quite a few are heading to the walkabout, never been before without driving so wouldnt be able to comment on previous visits to vcr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Any recommendations for pubs before the game? Going on my own so would be nice to see some friendly faces!

Spoons mate.
  • Options
    doe's anyone know if a pub in Watford has got the man u v palarse game on? it's on bt sport I think.
  • Options
    csr_cafc said:

Need some advice with the train if anyone can help. Getting tube on the metropolitan line to Watford is that the best option?

Nope. Will take you ages.

Get the overground from Euston to Watford Junction.

Cheers. Does a travel card run to Watford junction or do I get separate ticket?

Make sure you get the travel card to watford junction as its not technically in zone 9 but in the special fares apply zone - the amount of people ive seen getting caught by this.

Oyster cards work fine though.
    Jesus i'm confused. What about Watford high street?

• Options

csr_cafc said:

Need some advice with the train if anyone can help. Getting tube on the metropolitan line to Watford is that the best option?

Make sure you get the travel card to watford junction as its not technically in zone 9 but in the special fares apply zone - the amount of people ive seen getting caught by this.

Yeah the high street station (zone 9) is fine but you will have to take the slower overground train instead of the faster london midland ones. Oyster valid the whole way
  • Options
    Everyone going to Watford Junction or Watford High Street...

Any reason Watford Underground isn't mentioned?
    I was going to go that way but as nobody else is saying it, thought perhaps there is something I don't know about.

Shorter walk from the underground station to the football ground, plus a travelcard without needing Watford junction is £4 cheaper.
  • Options
    Underground takes at least 40 minutes as it stops everywhere.
  • Options
    The Metropolitan Line station at Watford is slightly further away than Watford High Street and has alot of stops. The slow Overground trains to Watford HS are just as slow as the Met trains, the fast trains stop at Watford Junction only.
  • Options
    A lot of people are drinking in the local spoons so I've heard.
  • Options
    http://www.footballgroundguide.com/watford/

RoseOfDenmark ‏@CAFC_RoD
    #RoDonTour will be meeting in The Moon Under Water for prematch drinks at Watford tomorrow http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-moon-under-water-watford … #RoD #cafc (PR)

• Options
    That Wetherspoons is an absolute dive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:

fits in seamlessly with the rest of Watford's precinct. Toilet of a place.

• Options
    csr_cafc said:

csr_cafc said:

Yeah the high street station (zone 9) is fine but you will have to take the slower overground train instead of the faster london midland ones. Oyster valid the whole way
    Thanks mate, think I'm going to go with Watford high street.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Compared to most pubs you get at northern away games it's the Ritz !
  • Options
    The Columbia Press at the other end of the High Street (closer to Watford Junction) is a much better 'spoons pub. I'll be heading there for breakfast.
  • Options
    Were meeting at Walkabout for 12, assuming we will be able to see palace stuffed here, if its no good there, will the footie be on in Spoons ?
  • Options

Were meeting at Walkabout for 12, assuming we will be able to see palace stuffed here, if its no good there, will the footie be on in Spoons ?

I wouldn't of thought so.
  • Options
    A heads up ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.
    There are severe delays on the Watford line due to flooding at Harlesden.
    Services are suspended at the moment, yes yes, I know there is still six hours to go before kick-off!
  • Options
    BBCTravelAlert: Severe delays on @LDNOverground btwn Euston & Watford J after a signal failure at Harlesden. Tickets ok on Buses & Tube.
  • Options
    "Flooding is causing disruption at Harlesden.

Because of this, London Overground services between Watford Junction and London Euston are currently suspended. There is no estimate for when a normal service will resume.

Alternative travel options

Passengers may use Chiltern Railways, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, London Buses, London Midland, London Underground and Southern services on any reasonable route."

So it looks like the faster trains are okay, touch wood.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

"Flooding is causing disruption at Harlesden.

Because of this, London Overground services between Watford Junction and London Euston are currently suspended. There is no estimate for when a normal service will resume.

Alternative travel options

Passengers may use Chiltern Railways, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, London Buses, London Midland, London Underground and Southern services on any reasonable route."

So it looks like the faster trains are okay, touch wood.

I'm guessing most would be getting the fast train from Euston ? I guess they'll be pretty packed now but it's only 15 mins