Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Scotland tonight

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Stig - mildly amusing post from what sounds like a failed public schoolboy who was overlooked for promotion and retains a junior position in the Civil Service towards the twilight of his career (not usually big football fans but I'm guessing he never made the rugger team). Someone should remind him that Gordon Brown did get his hands on the oil money as Chancellor of the Exchequer and subsequently Prime Minister, like it or not. Didn't do well history either or he wouldn't have chosen the Campbell name for his archetypal "Scotch" peasant. Us Scotch came out of his rant rather well by comparison to his muffled comment on "English negroes" and the "want away potato." As I said, a failed public schoolboy - sad.
  • Options

Stig - mildly amusing post from what sounds like a failed public schoolboy who was overlooked for promotion and retains a junior position in the Civil Service towards the twilight of his career (not usually big football fans but I'm guessing he never made the rugger team). Someone should remind him that Gordon Brown did get his hands on the oil money as Chancellor of the Exchequer and subsequently Prime Minister, like it or not. Didn't do well history either or he wouldn't have chosen the Campbell name for his archetypal "Scotch" peasant. Us Scotch came out of his rant rather well by comparison to his muffled comment on "English negroes" and the "want away potato." As I said, a failed public schoolboy - sad.

I don't think it was a serious review of the game or a social observation of the Scottish race; it was satire of all the silly Scottish stereotypes that elements of the English media love to peddle - try not to be so easily offended !
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    Scotch is a drink, think you mean Scot's?
  • Options
    Glad that the Cardinal and his flock had a good time.
    Glad they can show elements of their culture while any show of "English culture" is either ripped to shreds by the leftscum (Multiculturism? as long as its not English)
    learnt a new word that slags the English off.
    Had no idea Lambert was in the squad-my level intrest in the England team is at an all time low.
    As for the Home Internationals-----------do f++k off----------really? why ? heap of shit that should stay locked away.

Cardinal----The Hat and Mr J seen at Bournemouth and at least one about last week.
  • Options
    Back to the game....The only thing that annoyed me was when Snodgrass and Walcott had a bit of a come together and over comes their number 5, who was a lump, and starts pushing Walcott like he was a little child. Not one Enlgand player went over to Walcott to help him out. Rooney just ushered their number 5 away. If that was a Charlton player and he was getting a bit of stick, id expect the whole team to wanna race over and help out.
  • Options

As a jock who was disappointed to read all those hurtful comments about us being piss-heads and losers yesterday, it was gratifying to see this post descend like so many others do into the usual Charlton Life quibbling and name calling. Feels like a fitting end. PS we should all lighten up and live a little.

Well you did lose, and you are pissheads. But that's what we find so endearing about you.
  • Options

Back to the game....The only thing that annoyed me was when Snodgrass and Walcott had a bit of a come together and over comes their number 5, who was a lump, and starts pushing Walcott like he was a little child. Not one Enlgand player went over to Walcott to help him out. Rooney just ushered their number 5 away. If that was a Charlton player and he was getting a bit of stick, id expect the whole team to wanna race over and help out.

Good point but, quick question, if you get booked or carded in a friendly does that carry over to PL or World Cup Qualifiers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As a jock who was disappointed to read all those hurtful comments about us being piss-heads and losers yesterday, it was gratifying to see this post descend like so many others do into the usual Charlton Life quibbling and name calling. Feels like a fitting end. PS we should all lighten up and live a little.

Well you did lose, and you are pissheads. But that's what we find so endearing about you.
    I thought this bit

"being Highlanders, the Scotch did not cope well with clearances"

was brilliant !
  • Options

Good point but, quick question, if you get booked or carded in a friendly does that carry over to PL or World Cup Qualifiers?
    Got this from google;

Fifa's Disciplinary Code states that: "As a general rule, every match suspension (of players and other persons) is carried over from one round to the next in the same competition." So, in the case of international friendlies, any ban resulting from a red card would result in suspension from that team's next friendly fixture.
  • Options

Got this from google;

Fifa's Disciplinary Code states that: "As a general rule, every match suspension (of players and other persons) is carried over from one round to the next in the same competition." So, in the case of international friendlies, any ban resulting from a red card would result in suspension from that team's next friendly fixture.
    In that case someone should've gone two footed on Scott Brown.
  • Options

Ho-ho!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I don't think it was a serious review of the game or a social observation of the Scottish race; it was satire of all the silly Scottish stereotypes that elements of the English media love to peddle - try not to be so easily offended !
    SE9 - I got that, which is why I said it was mildly amusing. I was merely giving my view of the sort of person who could stereotype us the way he did whilst being equally abusive about some of the England players. Believe me, I am not easily offended!
  • Options

se9addick said:

SE9 - I got that, which is why I said it was mildly amusing. I was merely giving my view of the sort of person who could stereotype us the way he did whilst being equally abusive about some of the England players. Believe me, I am not easily offended!
    But it wasn't the author that was stereotyping - he was mocking those that do stereotype in a way that I thought was funny.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Equilibrium has been maintained. We may be shite but Scotland will always be more shite and that's the way it is meant to be.
  • Options

Equilibrium has been maintained. We may be shite but Scotland will always be more shite and that's the way it is meant to be.

Well put
  • Options
    If a apple falls onto Scottish ground even though the tree was reared in England does this mean we are one?
  • Options
    nolly said:

If a apple falls onto Scottish ground even though the tree was reared in England does this mean we are one?

Too deep for a Friday afternoon. You just fried my mind