Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And then there was one: Paul Ellison suspended

Comments

• Options
    Haven't seen the article but had heard that Dave had resigned.

Saw him last week and as usual was full of smiles and laughs as he named every player pictured on a 1970s silk scarf. Another life long fan (and Valley Party candidate) who worked for the club he loved.

As I understand it he played a big part in getting a lot of corporate sponsors and in particular signing up Andrews as shirt sponsors and then having the deal renewed. Ironic that he is leaving now just as it seems there may be a huge change in the Club.

Good luck Dave in whatever you go onto, you will be missed.

And well done Gary the comms consultant or whoever it was who made the decision that long serving staff leaving IS worthy of being acknowledged in the programme and I hope soon on the OS.
  • Options
    Didn't mention, however, that he's joining Ebbsfleet.
  • Options

or 'Charlton Lite' as it's now known as.

• Options

Indeed.

Very strange state of affairs when a Charlton fan resigns from his long-term post with Charlton to take up a position with another club 4 leagues lower for, i presume, a huge cut in salary.

• Options
    Reading between the lines begins to make you wonder...
  • Options
    Or cross-eyed!
  • Options
    maybe he knows who the new Mysterions will be and decided to jump ship.
  • Options

They had all summer to out Paul if they thought he wasn't up to the job. Why do it when the season starts? But as has been said it's not about his competence just as it wasn't with Matt.

Matt was not sacked, or suspended or pushed out.

I find it a bit disquieting that such a good guy should want to leave, but it's very poor to lump the two together and imply some kind of parallel.

• Options

They had all summer to out Paul if they thought he wasn't up to the job. Why do it when the season starts? But as has been said it's not about his competence just as it wasn't with Matt.

I find it a bit disquieting that such a good guy should want to leave, but it's very poor to lump the two together and imply some kind of parallel.

Some of us know exactly why Matt quit, because we've discussed it at length with him. Unless you're one of them, I suggest letting it lie.
  • Options

Some of us know exactly why Matt quit, because we've discussed it at length with him. Unless you're one of them, I suggest letting it lie.
    It was you who bumped this thread up, if you only want members of your little club talking about it, why bother posting it here at all?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if anyone thinks any of these long term Charlton staff/fans leaving our club is good for us and has nowt to do with the current hierarchys strange management practise then more fool them
  • Options

It was you who bumped this thread up, if you only want members of your little club talking about it, why bother posting it here at all?
    What's that got to do with someone who probably doesn't know the background making assertions about the reasons for Matt's departure nearly four months ago?

Dave's resignation is the subject of two articles in last night's programme. That's why the thread was bumped.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt Wright ‏@mattjobob 13h
    When will it end? finance manager Prettee Jayasundera resigns after 20yrs with #cafc. 12th long-serving departure in 18mths

Matt is now working with the International Institute for Environment and Development according to his twitter feed

Paul Ellison is to become General Manager at Essex CCC in January

And Dave Archer will be General Manager at Ebbsfleet Utd

Good luck to everyone in their new jobs and to Prettee in finding one.
  • Options
    it's just too bizarre, the turnover of experienced staff at Charlton is a joke
  • Options
    From your comment Henry, does that mean Prettee doesn't have one to go to?
  • Options

From your comment Henry, does that mean Prettee doesn't have one to go to?

I was told she'd left without a another job to go to but that might have changed for all I know.

• Options
    Lordy. People leave businesses all of the time of course - even unexpectedly but the number at Charlton over in 2013 suggests something toxic in my opinion.
  • Options

I bet they never gave her a shirt with her name on the back as a leaving present

That would be prettee expensive
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I can confirm that of the 12 long servers who have left (or are leaving now) in the last 18 months, at least eight left with no alternative work lined up, now including Prettee, one was made redundant but found another job, one had temporary work lined up and two had already secured other jobs before they resigned. Seven of the 12 had been the subject of disciplinary (or similar) processes shortly before they left or were subsequently (PV/SK).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmmm..... not good.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Lordy. People leave businesses all of the time of course - even unexpectedly but the number at Charlton over in 2013 suggests something toxic in my opinion.

If anyone doesn't think the working envirnonment at the Valley has been toxic for some time now then they are being blind.
  • Options
    Can we blame The Trust or ACV for this ?
  • Options
    Or Ben Hamer?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Rob62 said:

WSS said:

If anyone doesn't think the working envirnonment at the Valley has been toxic for some time now then they are being blind.
    Well at least the players have got the perfect working conditions and environment to work under ................
  • Options
    Prettee has worked at the club for twenty plus years and is fantastic at what she does - her knowledge of the club and its inner workings is almost encyclopedic!
    She would be a great loss to any organisation as I am sure she will be to CAFC
    Along with others on this site I wish her well in finding a new job soon.
  • Options
    garfield said:

Prettee has worked at the club for twenty plus years and is fantastic at what she does - her knowledge of the club and its inner workings is almost encyclopedic!
    She would be a great loss to any organisation as I am sure she will be to CAFC
    Along with others on this site I wish her well in finding a new job soon.

Seconded.
  • Options
    Yeah but how tall is she?
  • Options

I can confirm that of the 12 long servers who have left (or are leaving now) in the last 18 months, at least eight left with no alternative work lined up, now including Prettee, one was made redundant but found another job, one had temporary work lined up and two had already secured other jobs before they resigned. Seven of the 12 had been the subject of disciplinary (or similar) processes shortly before they left or were subsequently (PV/SK).

That is extraordinary AB. Without getting into private business, can you elaborate at all? It suggests either a complete breakdown in standards of conduct (unlikely) or an unreasonably harsh approach to perceived breaches. Or does the term "similar processes" incorporate performance management, sick absence management etc. I could understand some increase in performance and sickness related cases if the previous regime had been lax, but this does sound draconian.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    WSS said:

Yeah, people leave businesses all the time, but hardly ever when they haven't got something else lined up unless there's something seriously awry with the place. Combine that with the number of disciplinaries and tribunals - it's clearly not a good place to work right now.