Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eric Tie Bi (Ivorian International) on trial at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_luSTjuABsU

Lyon v Evian Jan 2013- Tie Bi playing, has a dipping shot about halfway through highlights
  • Options
    Have we signed him then?
  • Options
    How many agents has he got?
  • Options
    Fairly sure Semedo is a poor man's Semedo..
  • Options
    How do you pronounce it anyway? I'm saying 'Thai Bee', is that right?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I've been going with Tie Bye myself.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

I've been going with Tie Bye myself.
    I am sticking with Bye Bye for all the chance we have of ever seeing him play.
  • Options
    My guess would be 'Che Be' :)
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/10628792.Charlton_boss_not_expecting_to_pay_transfer_fee_for_one_time_Hull_City_midfield_target/

"And Powell today revealed he doesn’t expect it will cost him a transfer fee to secure the player’s services, hinting a loan might well be the preferred option for all parties should the Addicks pursue their interest.

“I don’t know, I hope not,” replied the Valley chief when asked if Tie Bi would cost money.

“I don’t think so from what we are told but you have to discuss these things with the clubs, but I’ve got a feeling there won’t be.

“Whether it turns into a permanent, or possibly even a loan just so he gets used to being in London and England because that is another factor - you can sign players and they’ve never been here before.

“At the moment it is too early to say exactly how everything will go.

“Eric has been in, he is someone we’ve seen before and we had the opportunity to bring him in this week.

“He was meant to come in on Monday but had a horrendous journey so he came in Tuesday, acquitted himself very well and hopefully he will train with us possibly until the end of the week.

“I hope he does and I hope he is here for the game on Saturday.

“If we are going to take it any further then we will do that.

“There is always a lot of factors involved - his club, all the personal details and all that kind of stuff.

“He looks OK, he has been on trial at Hull City in the summer.

“Obviously they’ve splashed the cash on other midfielders but his pedigree is good, we’ve watched him last year, I’ve watched DVDs, I’ve rung around as always but I always feel you need to see them.

“He has been in and we will see how it goes.”
  • Options
    I'm still sticking with Eric The Half A Bee!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds promising. Fingers crossed it goes to plan
  • Options
    Who was the last Eric we had ?
  • Options
    Lancelotte?
  • Options

Eric Gill was one of the many goalkeepers in line when Sammy was king . Eventually sold to Brighton. I believe we had a player called Eric Lancelotte many years ago.

• Options

That's his song sorted then!

• Options
    Asked our Ligue 1 Analyst at work about him:

"He's your classic Makelele type defensive mid, athletic and hard working but not too technically gifted. Couldn't quite break into the team at Evian but he's still young and would benefit from first team football right now."
  • Options

That's his song sorted then!

Indeed Lord Romford but do we have enough Python enthusiasts here to get it going??
  • Options

Wreckless Eric
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I reckon if Bristol Addick or Tewkesbury chanted his name it would sound like Toy Boy! In SCP I trust.
  • Options
    "I've watched DVDs", Powell says about Eric; he said that about Coulibaly too. I'm worried about our Chrissie - is he morphing into Alan 'Square Eyes' Pardew?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing wrong with that method if you're get them in on trial for a bit first and see what happens IMO. It's when you hand players a 3 year contract off the back of a YouTube video that the problems start.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

"I've watched DVDs", Powell says about Eric; he said that about Coulibaly too. I'm worried about our Chrissie - is he morphing into Alan 'Square Eyes' Pardew?

Bizarre misreading of what Powell said.

He clearly says "we'd watched him last year".

And he has also seen him in person this week AS WELL AS dvds. He's also taken up references.

Not sure what more the scouting team could do prior to signing a player.
  • Options
    Has he brought Rakim with him?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

You can guarantee that any deal for him won't be paid in full!
  • Options

Bizarre misreading of what Powell said.

He clearly says "we'd watched him last year".

And he has also seen him in person this week AS WELL AS dvds. He's also taken up references.

Not sure what more the scouting team could do prior to signing a player.
    Have they let Golfie see him play yet? Surely any sane manager would want his input before signing a player?

• Options

JaShea99 said:

Haha. Very good.
  • Options

Amdy Faye cost two million and he was basically an inferior version of Semedo.

What Eric did before he got to us or how much people have or haven't paid for him is irrelevant, if Powell fancies him and signs him all that'll matter is how he does for us. Until then we'll just have to trust Powell's judgement.

Lol - describing Faye as a poor man's Semedo is like describing me as a poor man's Jack Nicklaus... :)
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Don't sweat the technique!
  • Options
    Tie Bi or not Tie Bi? That is the question.
  • Options

Eric Gill was one of the many goalkeepers in line when Sammy was king . Eventually sold to Brighton. I believe we had a player called Eric Lancelotte many years ago.

Eric Bloodaxe - 10th century Norwegian import?