Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eric Tie Bi (Ivorian International) on trial at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    I can understand why many triallists join us then are never heard of again. They clearly haven't shown they are worth signing in the tim ethey were with us. Having said that, if the triallist impresses - what is the point of th etrial if they are not signed up?
  • Options
    Most players don't just come over for a 1 week trial with one club. often their agents line up many others to try and get them contracts. So we trial as many decent players as we like, if they don't want to sign for us, or we can't afford them it ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    To be fair to Coulibaly, it sounded as if we were interested but Lens pipped us to the post.
  • Options

"I've watched DVDs", Powell says about Eric; he said that about Coulibaly too. I'm worried about our Chrissie - is he morphing into Alan 'Square Eyes' Pardew?

Bizarre misreading of what Powell said.

He clearly says "we'd watched him last year".

And he has also seen him in person this week AS WELL AS dvds. He's also taken up references.

Not sure what more the scouting team could do prior to signing a player.
    Have they let Golfie see him play yet? Surely any sane manager would want his input before signing a player?

When Powell says "we've seen him play" he means him and Golfie.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Could at least spell Semedo properly

Why?? Didn't know that our forum had the spelling police but if its do important m8 I will use spell check in future ;-)))

• Options

JonnyK said:

Would you sign a very poor man's Samedo???

Honestly, where do we find these posters?
    Don't think you get the idea of forums m8 so let me explain. You have an opinion and as long as it ain't offensive or libelous you post it and other folk will agree or disagree. But no one 'finds' members as its a free to join membership.

Give it some thought as I'm sure you will soon get the hang of it m8 ;-))
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    You're welcome Tom!
  • Options

Wreckless Eric

Knowing us more likely Eric AKA Bananaman.
  • Options
    No no no. I'm Python and so`s my wife, and I want Charlton to have a player called Eric the half a Bee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Wreckless Eric

Knowing us more likely Eric AKA Bananaman.
    I'm now singing the song. Had that as my alarm in the morning for a while, sad I know. Any random in fancy dress wearing a bananaman costume immediately gets a huge hug when out.
  • Options

No no no. I'm Python and so`s my wife, and I want Charlton to have a player called Eric the half a Bee.

So you can love him semi carnally? (Or even Cyril Connelly.)
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

JonnyK said:

Don't think you get the idea of forums m8 so let me explain. You have an opinion and as long as it ain't offensive or libelous you post it and other folk will agree or disagree. But no one 'finds' members as its a free to join membership.

Cheers for clearing that up. m8.
  • Options
    Never heard of him therefore he is shit. Consider yourself written off.
  • Options
    U wot?
  • Options

JonnyK said:

JonnyK said:

Cheers for clearing that up. m8.
    You are always welcome young sir!
  • Options
    Any news on this?
  • Options
    Last seen driving up the M8 according to JonnyK

;-)
  • Options
    Probably reluctant to get trench foot after watching yesterday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    from what i heard he would be into talks today, apparently Powell said he'd get into talks after the business on Saturday was done
  • Options
    Apparently it has been announced ón Twitter that we have signed him.
  • Options
    Been on Twitter all day - nothing from Official CAFC feed...
  • Options

Apparently it has been announced ón Twitter that we have signed him.

Can't see anything on twitter apart from today's Daily Mirror says that Hull are close to signing him!
  • Options
    Does he need a work permit or does he have EU citizenship? If he needs a work permit that could explain why we might have 'signed' without the OS announcing anything yet as it's not an official signing until a work permit is in place.
  • Options

Does he need a work permit or does he have EU citizenship? If he needs a work permit that could explain why we might have 'signed' without the OS announcing anything yet as it's not an official signing until a work permit is in place.

He'll need a work permit but if he's been resident in France for more than 4 years (IIRC) it should be a formality. But rules might have changed etc.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it on the OS : - )

• Options
    Just seen this: @FootODSRadio: A l'essai à Charlton la semaine passée, Eric Tié Bi participe à l'entrainement aujourd'hui #etgfc - no idea!!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Just seen this: @FootODSRadio: A l'essai à Charlton la semaine passée, Eric Tié Bi participe à l'entrainement aujourd'hui #etgfc - no idea!!

It says we have no money so he's gone to Lens.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I think that says. "after a trial last week with Charlton, Eric Tie Bi trained with Evian FC today" but our linguists can put me straight.
  • Options

I think that says. "after a trial last week with Charlton, Eric Tie Bi trained with Evian FC today" but our linguists can put me straight.

You might be wrong Henry but we don't wish you violence :0)