Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth smoke grenade

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:

What would be the punishment if you let one off in your local high street? Would anyone even be bothered?

Phone call to the OB, but they would treat it as kids throwing fireworks, so unless there OB are nearby, then the chances of them attending are slim.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Does the banning order prevent him going to any game in the country ?
  • Options
    I think its because he threw it, Quite ridiculous though, If he didn't throw it I can't imagine it would have been as bad, Personally I think it helps the atmosphere :)
  • Options
    I see him go down the steps after Bournemouth went 1 up and give it the slit throat to the Bournemouth fans. Thought that was a bit pathetic. Looks much older than 25 though.
  • Options

I see him go down the steps after Bournemouth went 1 up and give it the slit throat to the Bournemouth fans. Thought that was a bit pathetic. Looks much older than 25 though.

Yeah that was mentioned in court and he did cringe.

Put this thread up as more of a warning to others more than about him. He has been called an idiot in every way by pretty much everyone he knows. He has held his hands up to every thing and is taking his punishment seriously.
  • Options
    Fair play then. I see him get chucked out by the police and he didn't retaliate. He didnt speak to them aggressively and they just walked him out.

I love a smoke bomb but people are mental if they are still going to take them after the punishments being dished out.
  • Options

Away games
    He can't go in the borough or district of which cafc are playing 4 hours before or 4 hours after advertised kick off.

Home games
    Can not go within 2 miles of the valley 4 hours before or 4 hours after cafc play there.

not allowed to attend any other regulated football match.

Big price to pay for 30 secs of smoke. Just not worth it.
  • Options

Away games
    He can't go in the borough or district of which cafc are playing 4 hours before or 4 hours after advertised kick off.

Home games
    Can not go within 2 miles of the valley 4 hours before or 4 hours after cafc play there.

I can't see how that can be policed unless he has to report to a police station ?
  • Options

Away games

Home games
    Can not go within 2 miles of the valley 4 hours before or 4 hours after cafc play there.not allowed to attend any other regulated football match.

would be a bummer if he lived in floyd road

• Options

Away games

Home games

I can't see how that can be policed unless he has to report to a police station ?

Its not really policed. If he gets spotted at à game he is in the dock again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely ridiculous
  • Options
    Crazy, especially compared to what you can get away with these days
  • Options

Away games

Home games

Its not really policed. If he gets spotted at à game he is in the dock again.
    Whilst not condoning what he did if it was me I'd grow my hair long or wear a syrup or cap, grow a beard. get my mates to buy me a ticket keep schtum and risk it
  • Options
    Farcical, and a shame, since flares add something to the atmosphere in a (seemingly) unharmful way.
  • Options

Yeah that was mentioned in court and he did cringe.

He has been called an idiot in every way by pretty much everyone he knows.
    Because of the pink shirt?
  • Options
    He broke the law.

What is difference between throwing that and throwing a seat?

Plenty of threads on here stating it is illegal.
  • Options
    Read a list of crimes that have recently been let off via a caution and then reassess your opinion.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

He broke the law.

Throwing a seat would involve vandalism and malicious damage. Apart from charring a few blades of grass with a flare i dont see the comparison but you are right it is illegal and he's been punished for it..
  • Options

Bloke who threw the smoke grenade sentenced to 80 hours community service and two year banning order.

Right or wrong this should be a warning to others.

Not to mention the criminal record...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems harsh in my opinion albeit i'm not a massive fan of flares, though i do think they are pretty harmless.
    Fair play to him though for taking it on the chin.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

MrOneLung said:

He broke the law.

Throwing a seat would involve vandalism and malicious damage. Apart from charring a few blades of grass with a flare i dont see the comparison but you are right it is illegal and he's been punished for it..
    Not trying to judge, would have loved all that at similar age, just that there were so many threads last season about same thing and how someone was gonna get nicked soon.
  • Options
    Must have checked the CCTV after the game as the stewards looked very confused about where it came from immediately after the incident.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Must have checked the CCTV after the game as the stewards looked very confused about where it came from immediately after the incident.

Charlton fans were being filmed by the police. (I know, I was about 10' from them)

No-one had to check any CCTV...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    More people should dress up in costume, go out in the countryside and do them off a boat in honour of Apocalypse Now.

• Options
    A shame the whole piece is ruined by the subjective assertion that they don't enhance the atmosphere. Er, they do actually.
  • Options

Away games

Home games

Could be even worse, obviously don't know what kind of job (if any) he has - but that would have got me instant dismissal.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Away games

Home games

Could be even worse, obviously don't know what kind of job (if any) he has - but that would have got me instant dismissal.
    His job is safe. Prison sentence would of obviously been different.
  • Options
    He did wrong but still fairly harsh. He wont be dong that again in a hurry.
    God imagine if we get to the play offs or something like that?