Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell

I think very lucky the game was called off today, the rain has kind of deflected the fact we were 3-1 down at home to Doncaster. Worrying times ahead!

Comments

• Options

I think very lucky the game was called off today, the rain has kind of contributed to the fact we were 3-1 down at home to Doncaster. Worrying times ahead!

There I fixed it for you.

• Options
    Or Unlucky? If we had lost he might have been sacked, got a nice pay off and been free to walk into a better job.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

I think very lucky the game was called off today, the rain has kind of contributed to the fact we were 3-1 down at home to Doncaster. Worrying times ahead!

Why change my post?? I'm allowed to post my views aren't I without you changing them??
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

I love the soft feel of womens underwear under my jeans, it makes me feel so manly.
    Bit out of order there LookOut.
  • Options
    In a previous life Looky would have been the man with the blue crayon censoring the troops letters home to their families and loved ones or a member of the thought squad. He knows wher you live Frontline ;-))
  • Options

I think very lucky the game was called off today, the rain has kind of deflected the fact we were 3-1 down at home to Doncaster. Worrying times ahead!

You have named the post 'Powell' with no mention of him/them at all in the text. Did that nasty censorious 'Lookout' delete all negative comments you made regarding the manager, or indeed the pitch master ?
  • Options

Disagree. Just before half time we had all the momentum, just scored and they were down to 10 men and looking leggy. Think we may (and we'll never know) have been in for a classic fight back! All academic now of course. Don't think Powell was worried at all - thought (on the attack) we played some good stuff and I, for one, am optimistic.

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Disagree. Just before half time we had all the momentum, just scored and they were down to 10 men and looking leggy. Think we may (and we'll never know) have been in for a classic fight back! All academic now of course. Don't think Powell was worried at all - thought (on the attack) we played some good stuff and I, for one, am optimistic.

Spot on. Yann was well up for the fight and Church was looking good. When you think we had enough chances against 11 it is fair to say it could have been an interesting second half.

• Options
    You no what makes me laugh. Keegans goal gets chalked off but his red card still counts....HAHA.

Who made that rule of the game up?
  • Options
    I think we looked worse than poor at the back, but we looked good going forward. Turnbull made some really good saves otherwise it good easily have been three all.
    I had a good time yesterday and would rather play Donnie two and a half times a season than hoof merchants like Wednesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

cafc-west said:

Spot on. Yann was well up for the fight and Church was looking good. When you think we had enough chances against 11 it is fair to say it could have been an interesting second half.

Come off of it, they would have battened down the hatches and we would have been forced to break them down which is hardly our string suit right now, particularly without Jackson.

You might want to live in a fantasy land where we hypothetically made a stunning comeback but I'd rather deal with what actually happened and that is that we were losing 3-1 after 45 mins to Doncaster Rovers. In fact I think that's a far healthier approach as it forces us to address the reasons why rather than just pretending everything would have been ok.
  • Options
    Their goalkeeper made 3 good saves; Hamer didn't!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

cafc-west said:

Some people are so disillusional
  • Options
    We got out of jail.
  • Options
    Better a lucky manager than a good one?
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

You no what makes me laugh. Keegans goal gets chalked off but his red card still counts....HAHA.

Who made that rule of the game up?

Yes that is really stupid in my opinion.

• Options
    se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

cafc-west said:

Come off of it, they would have battened down the hatches and we would have been forced to break them down which is hardly our string suit right now, particularly without Jackson.

You might want to live in a fantasy land where we hypothetically made a stunning comeback but I'd rather deal with what actually happened and that is that we were losing 3-1 after 45 mins to Doncaster Rovers. In fact I think that's a far healthier approach as it forces us to address the reasons why rather than just pretending everything would have been ok.
    2-0 down last week and dragged it back to 2-2. Against 11 men. Who knows what could have happened yesterday.

• Options
    1StevieG said:

se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

cafc-west said:

2-0 down last week and dragged it back to 2-2. Against 11 men. Who knows what could have happened yesterday.

No one. So why not deal with what actually happened ?
  • Options
    Should we take that same approach with the Trust se9? Don't concentrate on things that might happen?

Boring world if you don't look into the future in my eyes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    WSS said:

Should we take that same approach with the Trust se9? Don't concentrate on things that might happen?

Boring world if you don't look into the future in my eyes.

You're right WSS, how silly of me. I thoroughly enjoyed or 10-3 victory yesterday. Clive Mendoncas return was a surprise and some might have seen it as a risk but in hindsight the decision was fully justified after he banged in a second half hat-trick. There are no problems and the first 45 minutes were just a blip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I have dealt with what happened, our defending was poor and gave away 3 poor goals. But some of our players were giving it a go and we weren't total crap because we stuck one in at the other end. Game abandoned. No result. If we defend like that against Leicester next week then we will get torn a new one.
  • Options
    I see the "Powell Out" clowns are out again.

Cooo-eeee chaps. Nice to know you're still looking in and keeping an eye on this "shit" forum full of "wankers who need taking down a peg or two"!

xx
  • Options
    edited August 2013

LoOkOuT said:

Why change my post?? I'm allowed to post my views aren't I without you changing them??
    He hasn't changed it has he though. All he's done is quote it and change the quote - the same as lots of people do when they disagree with a comment. Your post is still there.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    yes, the first was really poor defending. second and third the conditions had an impact. second one, in normal conditions, hamer would have got the ball, instead it got stuck in the water and morro panics. we didn't deal with the return of the ball well but that passage of play would not have happened if hamer had caught it normally. third goal, again ball gets stuck just as (i think) cort is going to clear. instead we had ping pong and in off one of them. normal conditions that play wold not have happened.

the penalty area in front of covered end was unplayable and a lottery as to what would happen. they were down to 10 men. who knows how it would have played. my feeling was that the game was turning our way. i also thought going forward we looked ok. but to suggest that we would have definitely lost is as wrong as saying we would certainly come back. the odds, i think, were in our favour second half, but who knows.

anyway, what happened yesterday is now dead and all to play for.

the idea that we use that game as a reason to say "powell out' is madness as we were trying to defend in almost unplayable conditions. we know the squad has weaknesses. as does powell (and any manager) but we started to see some change last week. the important thing is where will we be at the end of the season which is some way off and lots to play for.
  • Options
    To be fair I don't think anyone's saying "Powell out" - they're mad if they are
  • Options
    SCP is still the best man for the job and I hope he will be here for a long time to come yet. But he only has one year or just less than one year left on his contract. And as long as he don't sign a new deal and the end of his contract gets closer it's going to be easier to pay him off and I'm fearing that may happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    se9addick said:

Oh they are - and you dont have to look far.

And it's back to offering me out again over there too. Despite the fact that I've made myself known to the Big Fella on two separate occassions now and he's been as nice as pie to me. Very odd.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Not on here - but it has been said elsewhere.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

se9addick said:

Oh they are - and you dont have to look far.

And it's back to offering me out again over there too. Despite the fact that I've made myself known to the Big Fella on two separate occassions now and he's been as nice as pie to me. Very odd.

Are you talking about Into the Valley ?
  • Options
    Some people from that Into the Valley forum are a joke, the "fans" calling for Powell out are an embarrassment to the club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!