Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell

Comments

• Options
    Chris Powell is doing fine under difficult circumstancces. I wonder if I am the only one who thinks Doncaster's best player was their 'keeper. With luck it could have been 3-3 when called off!
  • Options

Some people from that Into the Valley forum are a joke, the "fans" calling for Powell out are an embarrassment to the club.

Some people are myopic in their views and base their entire opinions on the last 90 minutes or in this case 45. They cannot see the bigger picture any more than the nose on their face. It's not been great so far this season but let's all forget the last two seasons when we did unbelievably well.

• Options

Chris Powell is doing fine under difficult circumstancces. I wonder if I am the only one who thinks Doncaster's best player was their 'keeper. With luck it could have been 3-3 when called off!

I agree Jensen, makes me wonder how mad would our fans be now if we were 3 nil up and the game had been called off.

• Options

I agree Jensen, makes me wonder how mad would our fans be now if we were 3 nil up and the game had been called off.

It would have been Powell's fault for not harassing/persuading the ref enough.
  • Options
    Things do not seem good on or off the pitch. But if we are making up a list of people to blame Chris Powell is nowhere near the top.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Things do not seem good on or off the pitch. But if we are making up a list of people to blame Chris Powell is nowhere near the top.

This
  • Options
    On the plus side, Church scored again.
  • Options
    Not according to the history books I don't think he did. ;-)
  • Options

On the plus side, Church scored again.

Not any more he didn't ;-)

• Options
    The sending off stands so why shouldn't the goals ?
    According to today's paper he has 4 for the season .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

cafc-west said:

I think very lucky the game was called off today, the rain has kind of deflected the fact we were 3-1 down at home to Doncaster. Worrying times ahead!

Disagree. Just before half time we had all the momentum, just scored and they were down to 10 men and looking leggy. Think we may (and we'll never know) have been in for a classic fight back! All academic now of course. Don't think Powell was worried at all - thought (on the attack) we played some good stuff and I, for one, am optimistic.

Spot on. Yann was well up for the fight and Church was looking good. When you think we had enough chances against 11 it is fair to say it could have been an interesting second half.

Come off of it, they would have battened down the hatches and we would have been forced to break them down which is hardly our string suit right now, particularly without Jackson.

You might want to live in a fantasy land where we hypothetically made a stunning comeback but I'd rather deal with what actually happened and that is that we were losing 3-1 after 45 mins to Doncaster Rovers. In fact I think that's a far healthier approach as it forces us to address the reasons why rather than just pretending everything would have been ok.
    Agree here with SE9 for a change
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2013
    The league table has us as playing 3 games and scoring 3 goals. Church has only scored one of those.

It doesn't count. A sending off is breaking the laws of the game and can happen on or off the pitch regardless of being involved in the game so that's why it stands in my mind.

If Keegan had headbutted someone then should he not be punished for his actions just because the game was called off? Or if Powell had been sent to the stands for remonstrating with the ref, do we think the FA would say "don't worry Chris, the game was called off - we'll pretend it didn't happen."

If we were in Spain/Netherlands the game would restart at HT with us being 3-1 down playing against 10 men - luckily (or not) that isn't the case here.

Not sure what way I prefer.
  • Options
    We have been saved the loss of points and live to try again, prahayse de Lawd!

• Options
    IMO we were outplayed by Doncaster until the ref took the players off. I would be interest to know if either side knew that the game was going to be called off at half time. We came out after the stoppage looking a lot more relaxed and played some good football whilst Doncaster seemed to give up. Over all 1 and a half really poor games at the start of the season and my worry is that we will under perform at home like we did last season without getting the outstanding results away from home like we did last season. I think we will finish in the bottom half of the league and given the signings we have not made that will be where we belong, However if CP is as good a manager as some believe then the play offs would not be out of the question if Church scores more than 25 goals this season.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

cafc-west said:

I think very lucky the game was called off today, the rain has kind of deflected the fact we were 3-1 down at home to Doncaster. Worrying times ahead!

Disagree. Just before half time we had all the momentum, just scored and they were down to 10 men and looking leggy. Think we may (and we'll never know) have been in for a classic fight back! All academic now of course. Don't think Powell was worried at all - thought (on the attack) we played some good stuff and I, for one, am optimistic.

Spot on. Yann was well up for the fight and Church was looking good. When you think we had enough chances against 11 it is fair to say it could have been an interesting second half.

Come off of it, they would have battened down the hatches and we would have been forced to break them down which is hardly our string suit right now, particularly without Jackson.

You might want to live in a fantasy land where we hypothetically made a stunning comeback but I'd rather deal with what actually happened and that is that we were losing 3-1 after 45 mins to Doncaster Rovers. In fact I think that's a far healthier approach as it forces us to address the reasons why rather than just pretending everything would have been ok.
    You feeling ok ?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

se9addick said:

To be fair I don't think anyone's saying "Powell out" - they're mad if they are

Oh they are - and you dont have to look far.

And it's back to offering me out again over there too. Despite the fact that I've made myself known to the Big Fella on two separate occassions now and he's been as nice as pie to me. Very odd.

That bloke is an absolute clown
  • Options

SEP and Big Rob you correct and fully agree there is a malaise at the club at the moment and it needs to be addressed. And I also agree that whatever is needed it certainlyisn't a change of manager!
  • Options
    As I see it we have played three games, two away, one at home, mostly without two of our most influential midfielders, Jackson and Pritchard. We have one point. If this was happening in the middle of the season, it would be par for the course. I would be really worried if our best players were losing their form going into the last ten games. As it stands I can only see Morrison, Solly and Wiggins improving. I can see Jacko returning soon and Kermo and Church forming a very good strike partnership. We have also gained another valuable string to our bow in Cousins. We have Sordell, who can't get a game. We haven't yet found our form, but we will. It's far too soon to be getting suicidal.
  • Options
    There are deep rooted problems within the club that are ultimately down to a group of individuals that appear to be rotten to the core - the sooner we're taken over the better...

That said, you can't blame them or the weather for some of the poor performances we witnessed yesterday and in previous weeks.

So the players contracts are up at the end of the season - at the end of the day when it comes to a game and they pull on the shirt they should give 100% and be accountable for their performances. It was comical watching
    Wiggins and Morrison defending their first goal...
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Off_it said:

se9addick said:

And it's back to offering me out again over there too. Despite the fact that I've made myself known to the Big Fella on two separate occassions now and he's been as nice as pie to me. Very odd.

But he's a BIG clown, apparently, which somehow means his bizarre fantasy world shouldn't be challenged in case he decides to iron you out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is Reams we're on about right ? I suspect he needs to reign in any offers for violence from now on. It seems that the authorities are now starting to take more of an interest in such matters and even if they don't regularly monitor football forums it will only take one complaint and he could be in bother.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Off_it said:

se9addick said:

But he's a BIG clown, apparently, which somehow means his bizarre fantasy world shouldn't be challenged in case he decides to iron you out.
    Too late Leroy. Start looking over your shoulder, you're not man enough, etc, etc, yawn!
  • Options
    charity boxing fight. off it v reams, i can sort this as well
  • Options
    nolly said:

charity boxing fight. off it v reams, i can sort this as well

We're bezzie mates really nolly. He loves me as I keep directing traffic to his site. It's all part of a cunning plan we dreamt up together over a beer at Carlisle the other year.
  • Options
    seems likely.
  • Options
    Offie arn't you supposed to be chillaxing in the West Country, instead of causing mayhem? :-0
  • Options
    This is all getting a bit childish. All this offering out of people is just like being back at school. We are all Charlton fans and we all want what is best for Charlton.We all have different ways of showing it. Let us have an amnesty on the sly digs and the rubbishing of other Charlton forums.Peace and love, and let us all co-exist in peace and harmony.
  • Options

Offie arn't you supposed to be chillaxing in the West Country, instead of causing mayhem? :-0

Am chilled more than an Eskimos wotsits mate.

Took the kids down the beach earlier, caught a few fish and other critters in the rockpools, came back, just had dinner out on our terrace watching a gorgeous sunset over the valley we're staying in with the sea in the near distance framed perfectly between the hills.

Off to Bigbury tomorrow. Think I might start a new thread!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

This is all getting a bit childish. All this offering out of people is just like being back at school. We are all Charlton fans and we all want what is best for Charlton.We all have different ways of showing it. Let us have an amnesty on the sly digs and the rubbishing of other Charlton forums.Peace and love, and let us all co-exist in peace and harmony.

The only person threatening anyone is that fat oaf of a friend of yours on ITV.

I suggest you make your plea where it is appropriate.

• Options
    I wouldn't recommend fighting in a pub in Charlton. Get barred from one and you cut your pre-match drinking options by about 50%!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!