Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United in the Conference

Got to say, think they have had a pretty good start to life in the Conference, 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss i think it is. Also, very proud to see one of my old Long Lane players, Malachi Hudson in the starting line up :)

Comments

• Options
    doing well ... good to see
  • Options
    Missed a 95th minute penalty yesterday that cost them 2 points! Very good start. How old are you RedValleyEast. I played for Long Lane for ten years!
  • Options

Missed a 95th minute penalty yesterday that cost them 2 points! Very good start. How old are you RedValleyEast. I played for Long Lane for ten years!

Didnt play for them,i managed one of the teams from U12 level up to U17,my boy played for them.
  • Options
    2 wins (Woking and Grimsby) - 2 draws (Cambridge and Salisbury) and a defeat first game of the season at Wrexham. (10th at the moment

One of my mates supports them and from what he says about how they're playing they'll be fine this season, its next season when teams may have worked them out (maybe like us this season) when they may be in a little difficulty
  • Options
    Malachi Hudson is in the squad but its Blaine Hudson in the starting 11 ...
  • Options
    Played a whole half against ten men so really should've won yesterday. And letting a bloke take the pen who missed 2 in pre season isn't the best move. Please don't let him take any more.
  • Options
    saw the Grimsby game, Alex Dyer in the middle of the park looked a classy little player
  • Options
    It's all about North Ferriby United tearing up the Conference North...

...don't ask.
  • Options
    Poor crowd though, only 725 yesterday. Thought they'd be getting over 1000 this season.

Credit to Luton fans though, 7500 there yesterday. Their fans continue to turn up and watch utter dross year after year.
  • Options
    Went along to Welling v Salisbury. Impressed with the way they were set up, their approach to the game and their tactics. The manager is using a progressive 4-1-2-3 formation and they caused the opposition all sorts of problems playing uphill in the first half,with quick & direct football. They were just lacking the final cross or pass to capitalise.
    When Salisbury were reduced to 10 men and packed their defence in the second half, Welling lacked the passing accuracy to open them up. The penalty miss in the last minute summed up their second half performance....frustrating

Jamie Day is doing an impressive job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was doing some work for Welling yesterday selling tickets. Welling looked promising but lacked a final ball yesterday, Jamie Day has done wonders there.
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

Malachi Hudson is in the squad but its Blaine Hudson in the starting 11 ...

Oh right,ok,thanks for the info,havent been to a game down PVR for a while. Just going by the info my boy gives me who sees Malachi all the time and saw the name Hudson in the starting line up yeterday,presumed it was him :)
  • Options
    Another win tonight 1-0 v Aldershot. Up to 7th in the table now just a point off the play offs and above the likes of Grimsby, Wrexham, Barnet, Lincoln and Hereford. Jamie Day still working miracles.
  • Options
    A good performance, although Aldershot were awful.
  • Options
    We might be in the same league in 2 seasons
  • Options
    Thought the same thing last night.
  • Options
    Sad but very true
  • Options
    How many Aldershot there?

Read on FB they had quite a few?
  • Options
    Not a bad turn out, they had the side of the ground by the cricket pitch and looked like they had around 300-350.
  • Options
    didn't realise they were playing until I saw it on sky and was too late, would've gone - great result, they are doing fantastically well at the moment, alot of full time sides in that league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    The crowd was segregated last night. Attendance- 837
  • Options
    Aldershot took just under 300 last night.

If it was a Saturday game probably would've brought 6-700.....

• Options
    Jamie Day - Chris Powell's successor??
  • Options
    so Welling only had about 500+ there?

surprised they won with pathetic support like that.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Yeah and our support is fantastic eh.

• Options
    Macronate said:

Don't worry. I see what you did there ;-)
  • Options

Macronate said:

Yeah and our support is fantastic eh.

Whooosh!
  • Options
    Too early for me that one... :0)
  • Options
    Good battling display last night. Personally thought the Aldershot turn out was closer to 200.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    284 Clem ;0)

What's your opinion on Kurtis Guthrie?