Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United in the Conference

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:

Cheers mate. Am going with a Lincoln mate of mine, so if it's segregated I'll be in the away "end".

As long as you wear a red & white scarf Offy it won't matter which end you go in :-)
  • Options
    Great performance today, thoroughly deserved the win. Wings have some good players there and pleasing to see them doing so well. Healy has a lot of class Fazackerley is very comfortable on the ball and Franks is a beast at the back.

The Tamworth fans were bonkers though, singing their non football songs. I don't think half of them knew Welling had scored a second goal as they were not looking at the pitch.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Cheers.

Any idea on the Lincoln game? I would imagine they will bring a fair few - they took 600 to Barnet a few weeks back.

I would say yes offy as Lincoln will bring a tidy firm as it is a new ground for most of them.
  • Options

Great performance today, thoroughly deserved the win. Wings have some good players there and pleasing to see them doing so well. Healy has a lot of class Fazackerley is very comfortable on the ball and Franks is a beast at the back.

The Tamworth fans were bonkers though, singing their non football songs. I don't think half of them knew Welling had scored a second goal as they were not looking at the pitch.

was there today and although hard to compare to the championship welling played some good football not giving away the ball a lot or playing hoofball.something we could take a look at.
  • Options

HaHa really what sort of thing were they singing ?
  • Options
    25 points from 15 games. Excellent start to the season.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Cheers.

Any idea on the Lincoln game? I would imagine they will bring a fair few - they took 600 to Barnet a few weeks back.

Definitely said in the programme today that Lincoln is segregated.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks ESL. Any idea how much to get in the "away end"? The Welling website isn't much cop on any of this.
  • Options
    According to the programme, you enter at the Erith and Belvedere gates, which is the side with the smaller stand, farthest away from the "Guy, Earl of Warwick" pub.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Thanks ESL. Any idea how much to get in the "away end"? The Welling website isn't much cop on any of this.

£15.00 and an extra £1.00 to sit down.

Went today for the 3rd time this season, and have to say they look to be holding their own at this level quite comfortably. What a goal that would have been from Kurtis Guthrie if it hadn't smacked the bar.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am the music man and their own version of a madness track. Wings keeper Butcher got serenaded with a ditty that went "You're wearing pink so you must be gay"
  • Options
    Doing very well so far but they have a thin squad and are starting to pick up a lot of bookings.
  • Options
    Dartford fan me. I thought Welling would hold their own and they look to be doing much more than that. I expect the thin squad and the bookings/injuries may kick in, but Jamie Day is a good manager, and from what I've Heard they're playing some nice football, so I expect them to be at the top end of the table rather than the bottom come may.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Went today for the 3rd time this season, and have to say they look to be holding their own at this level quite comfortably. What a goal that would have been from Kurtis Guthrie if it hadn't smacked the bar.

That just sums up the ridiculous cost of watching football in this country
  • Options

Off_it said:

That just sums up the ridiculous cost of watching football in this country
    And some conference teams charge even more than that.
  • Options
    Was £12 had you taken a Charlton season ticket although Deliberately left mine at home to help Welling out as best as possible - Ticket prices in this country are an absolute joke though
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    In the FA Cup first round draw today, number 78. It would be great if they get someone like Wolves or Sheffield Utd and they might get some TV money from it.
  • Options
    danny_m said:

In the FA Cup first round draw today, number 78. It would be great if they get someone like Wolves or Sheffield Utd and they might get some TV money from it.

Hypothetical question if they got say Sheffield United or Wolves at home would the game be played at PVR or would they try and play it at the valley?
  • Options
    edited October 2013

danny_m said:

Hypothetical question if they got say Sheffield United or Wolves at home would the game be played at PVR or would they try and play it at the valley?
    We're home to Leeds on first round weekend anyway so I highly doubt it would be possible if allowed.

Anyone know what time the draw is on and if it's being televised?
  • Options

danny_m said:

We're home to Leeds on first round weekend anyway so I highly doubt it would be possible if allowed.

Anyone know what time the draw is on and if it's being televised?
    Its on ITV. Either 1pm or 1.30pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess then that if Welling did play a club like Wolves or Sheff Utd at home it would be played on a Sunday and probably be televised.

Still will find out in a few hours
  • Options
    could they not just sign up 10 players to semi contracts, being they get paid less than pro but they are more obliged to train alot. then the rest of the players could be fully part time, it wouldn't cost much more either
  • Options
    The draw for the Fa cup 1st round is live on BT Sports 2 at 1.45 today.
    I'll be on my way to the Valley then so guess it may be on the radio as well.
  • Options
    Welling once played Blackburn Rovers in the 80s in the FA Cup 3rd Round I think it was and they play us a PVR every season (inc when we were a Prem side) so cant see there being any issues about them playing at Home if that was the tie they got
  • Options
    They don't have enough support to play it at The Valley let alone make it affordable. I doubt Wolves/Sheff U would be that bothered about the tie either.
  • Options
    Luton Town at home
  • Options
    Luton will bring a few, so hopefully good crowd for Welling
  • Options
    Jamie day is a quality coach/manager, I learnt so much from him whilst working with him ,
  • Options
    Shame they didn't get a league club and it's always a bit rubbish drawing a team from the same division but at least Luton will bring quite a few fans, they took over 500 to Woking yesterday
  • Options
    First look at Welling this season last night at Barnet. Good performance and the better team second half. Look comfortable at that level and like all teams a 20 goal man would help.

Lovely set up and Stadium at Barnet. The pitch was superb