Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Ibe

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020
    clive said:

Jordon Ibe has revealed he is in rehabilitation to improve his mental health and become a better person after 'making poor judgements.'

Bournemouth winger Ibe has apologised and sought help after being stopped by police while driving without a licence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8277845/Bournemouth-winger-Jordon-Ibe-reveals-hes-rehabilitation-mental-health.html

You have to laugh - driving without a licence and then fleeing the scene of the offence has got nothing to do with mental health.  In fact it’s an insult to people who do suffer with it. 
    How do you know Jordan Ibe does not have mental health issues that led him to act in the way he has? Mental Health issues can manifest themselves in many different ways, and it's quiet insulting to instantly dismiss someone based off your own prejudices. 

Ok. 

The geezer was pissed up and driving without a licence and lucky was lucky he didn’t kill anybody.  I don’t know If he has mental health issues - but if he does, then it shouldn’t take driving in to a cafe window to make him do something about it.  If he had killed somebody - would it have been alright to say “oh well never mind he’s got mental health issues”? 
  • Options
    clive said:

Jordon Ibe has revealed he is in rehabilitation to improve his mental health and become a better person after 'making poor judgements.'

Bournemouth winger Ibe has apologised and sought help after being stopped by police while driving without a licence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8277845/Bournemouth-winger-Jordon-Ibe-reveals-hes-rehabilitation-mental-health.html

You have to laugh - driving without a licence and then fleeing the scene of the offence has got nothing to do with mental health.  In fact it’s an insult to people who do suffer with it. 
    How do you know Jordan Ibe does not have mental health issues that led him to act in the way he has? Mental Health issues can manifest themselves in many different ways, and it's quiet insulting to instantly dismiss someone based off your own prejudices. 

Ok. 

The geezer was pissed up and driving without a licence and lucky was lucky he didn’t kill anybody.  I don’t know If he has mental health issues - but if he does, then it shouldn’t take driving in to a cafe window to make him do something about it.  
    How many people have tried to commit suicide before facing their mental health issues? Sometimes it takes something drastic before you're finally able to admit you have a problem that needs professional help.

At the end of the day, do you think anyone really cares about Jordan Ibe at the moment. He could have quiet easily said nothing at all and no one would have even remembered what is going on, I certainly didn't before I read the article. But maybe in a time where mental health issues are particular in the spotlight because of our ongoing lockdown he wanted to mention something about it so other people would seek help if they needed it? 

• Options
    edited May 2020
    clive said:

Ok. 

The geezer was pissed up and driving without a licence and lucky was lucky he didn’t kill anybody.  I don’t know If he has mental health issues - but if he does, then it shouldn’t take driving in to a cafe window to make him do something about it.  If he had killed somebody - would it have been alright to say “oh well never mind he’s got mental health issues”? 
    When did anyone say that?

The point I am making here is that you originally said that Jordan Ibe claiming he has mental health issues 'is insulting to people who suffer from it' based of literally no understanding about the person himself. I can only assume because he is a young rich professional footballer that has been in trouble before, that you believe he cannot have mental health problems? 

However I can tell you there are plenty of people of all ages and socio economic backgrounds who have drinks, drug, and other addiction issues that have only started to seek professional help after getting in serious trouble. 
  • Options
    re comments people were making earlier in the year, do you really think driving without a license and thinking you can get away with it is the behaviour of a mentally well person? Sounds like some one in the mania stage of bi polar would do.  
    He is admitting to some mental health issues.......but I would say it is a bit of a jump to suggest a link between that and his actions re the car incident without further evidence.

• Options
    re comments people were making earlier in the year, do you really think driving without a license and thinking you can get away with it is the behaviour of a mentally well person? Sounds like some one in the mania stage of bi polar would do.  
    He is admitting to some mental health issues.......but I would say it is a bit of a jump to suggest a link between that and his actions re the car incident without further evidence.

i ask again, is what he did consistent with what a mentally healthy person would do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i ask again, is what he did consistent with what a mentally healthy person would do?
    Maybe yes...maybe no.

As far as I was aware, he crashed a car and scarpered?

Is that now benchmark activity for a mentally unhealthy state?

• Options
    A bit of sympathy for the guy is perhaps most appropriate at present rather than comment on past behaviour. Nobody knows where he is at and it sounds like he is struggling. 

Far too easy to judge sometimes. 
    And quite often the people who judge have been lucky enough not to have experienced depression and mental health issues.

If it's not their own experience perhaps some just don't understand?

• Options
    edited January 2021

This hit’s the nail firmly on the head. 👍
  • Options
    Mental health disorders affect people in many different ways regardless of social and economic factors. Help can be offered and provided in many forms but it can take years until it is successful in even a small way.

The best approach to take when discussing the mental health of others is be kind and don’t judge, speculate or condemn. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How is it reasonable people can come across as proper plonkers on here sometimes?

The car incident happened last year, leave it in 2020 unless he does similar in 21. 

The guy is clearly struggling with his mental health now. He needs support from those that know him, his club and a trained professional.

This is as equally clear a call for help as I've ever seen from a depressed person.

How could anyone know if others are in a worse place right now? He might be minutes from taking his own life, or minutes from finding something that helps him get it back on track. 
    Probably the same dickheads calling out maddison for his posts... another person who is clearly in need of a massive hug and some love. 
  • Options
    This man's actions are despicable. He worked a coffee shop by reckless driving ..he was banned. He then drove again whilst disqualified. Suppose he he had killed someone in either incident. Would you then  be so magnanimous about 'his' feelings. I doubt it.

This guy is one step below being another Lee Hughes who I remember was roundly jeered for the entire match when he turned up at the Valley for Notts County 8-10 years ago.

People who disagree with your views are not dickheads or old fashioned in their views.

As I said he is in a far better position than a lot of people far more deserving of sympathy and help than this bloke.
    "jordan ibe could hang himself and i wouldn't care" - @addick1956
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This man's actions are despicable. He worked a coffee shop by reckless driving ..he was banned. He then drove again whilst disqualified. Suppose he he had killed someone in either incident. Would you then  be so magnanimous about 'his' feelings. I doubt it.

This guy is one step below being another Lee Hughes who I remember was roundly jeered for the entire match when he turned up at the Valley for Notts County 8-10 years ago.

People who disagree with your views are not dickheads or old fashioned in their views.

As I said he is in a far better position than a lot of people far more deserving of sympathy and help than this bloke.
    You are stuck in 1956 as you keep proving. You seem to struggle with empathy.
    Of course I am...it has a better sense of moral value. Feeling sorry for an over paid footballer who tan drove away from a crime scene in Dorset to avoid facing up to his actions and leave the victim £38,000 out of pocket is not acceptable . If he had killed someone what then. The police proved it was his car because he lost a door mirror and was traced through that.

As I said Lee Hughes received dogs abuse after his act of cowardice .

It is not about empathy but moral compass. I can see you are unaware of that but there are people far worse off than this person. Far worse off.
    How wealthy do you need to be before you don't deserve sympathy? Just trying to get a rough figure. Does a doctor get any sympathy? They can make a fair wedge. Or what about a League 2 player instead of one whose had Premier league wages? Who exactly does deserve sympathy?

• Options
    thenewbie said:

You are stuck in 1956 as you keep proving. You seem to struggle with empathy.
    Of course I am...it has a better sense of moral value. Feeling sorry for an over paid footballer who tan drove away from a crime scene in Dorset to avoid facing up to his actions and leave the victim £38,000 out of pocket is not acceptable . If he had killed someone what then. The police proved it was his car because he lost a door mirror and was traced through that.

As I said Lee Hughes received dogs abuse after his act of cowardice .

It is not about empathy but moral compass. I can see you are unaware of that but there are people far worse off than this person. Far worse off.
    How wealthy do you need to be before you don't deserve sympathy? Just trying to get a rough figure. Does a doctor get any sympathy? They can make a fair wedge. Or what about a League 2 player instead of one whose had Premier league wages? Who exactly does deserve sympathy?

This is not about wealth as you well know but he is in a much better position get afford guidance and help ..

I am not sympathetic to people who do as he did, that is true. 
    I can't understand why you can find so much empathy for a person who runs away from his own actions,  gets caught  anyway , does a 
    similar thing knowing he is banned and then seeks sympathy. 

However there are people  in a far worse position  than this guy who has support and is not alone . 

The ones who deserve help are those with no recourse to such help and guidance and without the wherewithal to do so.

Why are you so obsessed with celebrities who screw up and seek more attention?
    He can get help yes. And from the sound of what he says, that's exactly what he's doing. That's hardly reprehensible.

Depression can affect absolutely anyone, regardless of wealth. Ask anyone who has suffered from it or has family or friends with the condition. Money and success are no comfort at all.

It's not for you or I to say who deserves help and support or not.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Spooky. 

I just watched a “where are they now” video on Youtube about Klopp’s squad in his first match at LFC in which Ibe featured. 

Local cafe owners beware!
  • Options
    Macdonalds Drive Ins should be ok though.
  • Options
    Welcome to the second best club in the world.