Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Ibe

13»

Comments

• Options
    If he's in a better place and can get anywhere near his potential he could be one of the best players at that level.
  • Options
    As far as i can see he has played ONE game in 3 years.

But if he can get back to anywhere close to what he was then he'll be a brilliant signing for that level.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    12 years ago Jordan Ibe as a 15 year old played for Wycombe against Charlton.

4 years ago Jude Bellingham played and scored at the Valley when Just 16 for Birmingham.

Jude at 20 has the Midas touch whereas Jordan at 27 has seen a lucrative football career turn to dust.

I'm not comparing them for their football talent but as personality and characters.
    Why can one lad cope with the fame and fortune while the other is drowning not waving in the surreal world of Professional football while at the elite level ?
    Nature, nurture, strength of character?

When Jordan Ibe crashed his car into the cafe and did a runner my thoughts were he was a lucky lad that he didn't maim or kill anyone and my sympathies are always with the victims of crimes not the perpetrators.
    At 27, Ibe has a chance to play football and fine peace and I hope for his sake and Ebbsfleet who has given him another chance that he takes it.

• Options
    It’s a fine line between “strength of character” and mental health which it’s well documented that Ibe has struggled with.

I hope JI is in a better place mentally and able to enjoy his football.
  • Options
    It is a nice 'problem' to deal with in having a lot of money and a high profile life, but am not normally sympathetic.
    I do accept things are not always black and white though.
  • Options
    It’s a fine line between “strength of character” and mental health which it’s well documented that Ibe has struggled with.

The problem is when people claim mental health issues as an easy way out.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Going away from Jordan Ibe personal situation:
    It's the mandatory card that is used now which is a shame for the genuine cases.
    A bit of a chicken and egg situation with what comes first abuse of drink and drugs which puts the normal responses under pressure or being dealt a lousy hand in the first place and then turning to *drink/drugs for assumed relief.

One of the prisoners in Grand slammers about the Rugby WC winning team talking to inmates and teaching them about rugby and the strength of mentality and team work, had his mother leave home at 3 months, his dad became an alcoholic and his partner committed suicide by hanging which he saw when he got home. 
    Mitigation, in his use of drugs and then working for the drug dealer to wipe his financial problems away. Not the correct decision but...

We all have metal health and unfortunately when it dips it can be very hard to function.
    Been there and with CBT ( Conitive Behaviour Therapy not Corey Blackett-Taylor!) I managed to sort myself out with the template I was given and the people I spoke too.

*If it is a mental health issue regarding alcohol/drugs, as obviously there are a myriad of other reason why metal health comes under pressure.

• Options

Going away from Jordan Ibe personal situation:
    It's the mandatory card that is used now which is a shame for the genuine cases.
    A bit of a chicken and egg situation with what comes first abuse of drink and drugs which puts the normal responses under pressure or being dealt a lousy hand in the first place and then turning to *drink/drugs for assumed relief.

One of the prisoners in Grand slammers about the Rugby WC winning team talking to inmates and teaching them about rugby and mentality had his mother leave home at 3 months his dad became an alcoholic and his partner committed suicide by hanging which he saw when he got home. 
    Mitigation in his use of drugs and then working for the drug dealer to wipe his financial problems away.

We all have metal health and unfortunately when it dips it can be very hard to function.
    Been there and with CBT ( Conitive Behaviour Therapy not Corey Blackett-Taylor!) I managed to sort myself out with the template I was given and the people I spoke too.

*If it is a mental health issue regarding alcohol/drugs, as obviously there are a myriad of other reason why metal health comes under pressure.