Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells Contract (ed. Rumours of new contract)

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Whilst reading the cas trust fanzine today, i noticed one of the most wanted actions is to renew powells contract.

Got me wondering, anyone know when his contract is up

Comments

• Options
    end of the season as is the rest of the coaching staff and all the players except Church, Harriott and Wilson
  • Options

end of the season as is the rest of the coaching staff and all the players except Church, Harriott and Wilson

and Piggott now as he has signed a 3 year

• Options
    Can't imagine Powell will be happy to commit to the club until the player situation is sorted, he could lose his whole team at the end of the season.
  • Options
    madadd said:

Source - hope it is correct. The future of this club
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yan has a year left plus a possible 1 year extension
  • Options

Yan has a year left plus a possible 1 year extension

What does a years extension mean? I think with Bradley it meant if he played a certain number of games he automatically had his contract extended. Can either side opt out of the extension?
  • Options
    madadd said:

Good news if true. Seems to have forced his way into the squad - not sure he was really seen as an option for 4th choice a few months back.
  • Options
    One big plus point for me with CP in charge is that the crowd has been far more upbeat(apart from a few clowns)- atmosphere has been far better.
    Can't see the fans taking to another manager in the same way.
    Think a lot of Leicester fans would like him in charge....
  • Options
    Scoham said:

madadd said:

Good news if true. Seems to have forced his way into the squad - not sure he was really seen as an option for 4th choice a few months back.
    I wouldn't post it if it wasn't !
  • Options
    madadd said:

Scoham said:

madadd said:

Fine, but where have you seen or heard this as cannot see it on OS?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    madadd said:

Scoham said:

madadd said:

If he has, great news, but if he has why not say so on the Club website? There is no advantage in not doing so but a big advantage in doing so especially with the way most fans feel about things at the moment or does non-communication extend to good news now too?
  • Options
    If Madadd has said he has signed a new contract then he has.
  • Options
    News management in case there is bad news to sell, I would guess.
  • Options

madadd said:

Scoham said:

madadd said:

If he has, great news, but if he has why not say so on the Club website? There is no advantage in not doing so but a big advantage in doing so especially with the way most fans feel about things at the moment or does non-communication extend to good news now too?
    To be fair the club rarely announce things like contracts being signed on the weekend. Might be confirmed by the club in the next few days.
  • Options

News management in case there is bad news to sell, I would guess.

Most likely I suppose. We've sold Solly and Kermy but Piggott has signed for three years. Will keep the restless natives happy. Yeah right.

• Options
    We all know the clubs website is awful now. You won't get info on there. I just goto Sky Sports or follow the twitter feed
  • Options
    Red_Raver said:

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 1m
    Charlton's new Belgian owner Roland Duchatelet has decided to reward Chris Powell with new terms and keep him at the Valley

Not sure 'reward' is the right word but, if true, I'm pleased RD is showing faith.

• Options

I'd like to hear it from a couple more sources first but promising news indeed!
  • Options
    Get in. Great news. It's been too much of a distraction. This could be just the lift we need between now and the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting if true ... I didn't expect him to keep Chris so looking at this as another positive.
  • Options
    I will be delighted but amazed if this is true. The results so far could hardly have given RD a good reason to act now rather than the end of the season and the clarification of CPs position has come too late to settle players during the transfer window. Maybe it's just that RD and KM have seen enough of CP now to have satisfied them as to his quality and potential as a manager/coach, despite the results.
  • Options
    Very good news if true.

Would be interesting to know how the 'new terms' would compare with the old ones.
  • Options
    I expect we will find out more at tomorrow's press conference. I'm feeling positive though.
  • Options
    Please be true.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited February 2014
    Please please be true. Would be a good talking point at the press conference tomorrow.
  • Options
    Apparently RD is the anti-christ and is just looking for a puppet whose strings he can pull, if that is the case then surely Powell will be telling him to poke his contract? Perhaps he going to blow him out live at the conference.
  • Options
    It's rumoured that Chris Powell will get a new contract, with Tony Blair appointed as Assistant Manager.

Not good news for Alex Dyer.

• Options
    Would be surprised if Rolands just decided now instead of the moment he'd taken over. What has Powell really done in the games since to warrant a deal?

Maybe Roland had a look around and decided there was no-one better.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Please please be true. Would be a good talking point at the press conference tomorrow.

And also diverts the press asking RD about his transfer policy or any other awkward questions.