Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells Contract (ed. Rumours of new contract)

Comments

• Options
    Echo what others have already said, hoping this is true, i want to see Chris adapt to the new regime and flourish.
  • Options
    I'll believe it when it's on the OS.
  • Options
    Really hope this is true but, as others have said, timing seems a bit odd, plus the fact that nobody 'ITK' on here or anywhere else has mentioned it til now. Still, fantastic news and well done RD if it's true.
  • Options

Lovely picture - so reminds me of one of my daughters!

• Options

Really hope this is true but, as others have said, timing seems a bit odd, plus the fact that nobody 'ITK' on here or anywhere else has mentioned it til now. Still, fantastic news and well done RD if it's true.

Someone did say on here not too long ago that Powell had been offered/signed a new contract.
  • Options
    Oh I do hope it's true
    but
    RD's thinking could be that it is the worst time to change managers so give him a short contract until June 15 so as to stabilise things then if CP doesn't measure up sack him in June.
  • Options

Oh I do hope it's true
    but
    RD's thinking could be that it is the worst time to change managers so give him a short contract until June 15 so as to stabilise things then if CP doesn't measure up sack him in June.

He's already got a contract to the end of June, so what would be the point?
  • Options
    @sm I'd like to take the credit for it but alas not mine...although it does sum up my feelings rather nicely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of this is true a lot of unsettlement amongst the team will sort itself out and I bet we start winning. :-)
  • Options

Oh I do hope it's true
    but

the point is there is currently a lot of uncertainty at the club, by giving CP an extra 12 months it settles things down for the rest of the season but doesn't cost RD too much if it goes wrong.
  • Options
    Twelve month extension with a relegation clause would be the sensible thing to do in my opinion.
  • Options
    If true then that's the end of the players excuses saying they are unsettled by not knowing who their manager will be. We may even start winning.

We all wanted a decision one way or another. Hopefully this question will be answered tomorrow.
  • Options
    RD may have wised up very quickly to the fact that he's unlike to get another experienced patsy in England who will put up with being told who is in and who is out and is prepared to be compromised by RD's project. The fact that he may believe that relegation will not be a financial disaster and CP's previous at getting out of league 1 may mean that its worth a two year punt. I can't work out whether CP is a saint for sticking with it or weak for not walking. One way or the other, if this is true I hope he develops very quickly into the manager we all want him to be.
  • Options
    @telefootball: Charlton's new Belgian owner Roland Duchatelet has decided to reward Chris Powell with new terms and keep him at the Valley

• Options

Oh I do hope it's true
    but

the point is there is currently a lot of uncertainty at the club, by giving CP an extra 12 months it settles things down for the rest of the season but doesn't cost RD too much if it goes wrong.
    Apologies, I thought you meant extend his contract to 15th June!
  • Options
    TBH its would not be a surprise. CP is a genuinely nice fella and RD would have come to realise this after the short time they've been working together and therefore would be more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove himself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What has he been predicting of late ?

If there were any truth in this, Reams would have predicted it last week.

• Options
    I think it would be a very good move if true - will bring some stability to proceedings
  • Options
    I hope not, I really don't see he deserves it, would love to be proved wrong for the rest of the season, but would be very surprised if someone renowned as a shrewd businessmen did this. Why would you potentially fork out a years salary before knowing if the season was going to go tits up if you didn't have to, makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    I cant see why if true. But hope he proves me wrong!
  • Options

Oh I do hope it's true
    but

Apologies, I thought you meant extend his contract to 15th June!
    oh yes I see what you mean, never mind and let's hope that the rumour of a new contract is true

• Options
    Anyone know what time the press conference is tomorrow?
  • Options

Can you imagine if RD announces that Powell has a new contract with the club then Yann walks in wearing a Charlton shirt saying he'd had second thoughts and Bournemouth agreed to let him return to his one love. Charlton Athletic Football club.

I would go absolutely f@cking mental if that happened!

Yann doing a McDermott !

Priceless !

• Options
    cafctom said:

Anyone know what time the press conference is tomorrow?

Waffle O'clock
  • Options

Some folks we know are going to be going apoplectic at this news. If confirmed I fear for the internet as one man in particular implodes.

Is that a BIG man you have in mind, AUN ?