Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Utd & their new Saudi Investors

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if we will see much of OP on here now????
  • Options
    Shows that willing investors are out there if the owners/board aren't greedy fucks!
  • Options
    Like to see with all that new money if the Blades can get promoted out of L1 and beat our points total in the process. Maybe not this season but next. CP worked miracles on what will probably be a fraction of what Sheff Utd will have at their disposal and yet again show him to be the real asset he truly is.
  • Options
    Have Sheffield United finally come good
  • Options
    Did I read correctly elsewhere he's the 7th richest guy in the world? Someone else please put in the effort to Google it.
  • Options
    Surely we are more attractive to investors than them lot?!?

Obviously not if our board are being too greedy.
  • Options
    We are plagued
  • Options
    Does FFP apply to all clubs? If so, how will this guy fund them and stay within budget?
  • Options
    Probably through sponsorship or something like that like Man City have.

Haven't the owners sponsored the stadium for a stupid amount, which makes a mockery of it really.
  • Options
    Well he can afford to get Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud on the back of his shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well he can afford to get Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud on the back of his shirt.

He's a Prince, but I believe Princes are a lot more common in Saudi than in the UK.
    Almost as common as Smith :-)
  • Options

Shows that willing investors are out there if the owners/board aren't greedy fucks!

Well yes, but they had been looking for 6 years !
  • Options
    It's very sketchy at the moment, why wait until the window shut to announce it, Why sell their best player in Kevin Macdonald last week to Wolves when macabe knew about this deal as far back as January? 50% control each? that's not how many billionaires like to work especially foreign owners , and while this has been news for a week or so up here not once has anyone come out with a budget on how much they are willing to put in to the club, yet they are making bold statements like they want to be playing premiership in 3 years?

Portsmouth and Blackburn comes to mind.

Sheffied United might come good but it might be bad lol.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Silly question, I live here now.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

good job as well mate, you make me think the nth aint as shitty as I find it on away trips 8)
  • Options
    Some of it is but as you know NLA Sheffield is wonderful.
  • Options
    Massive news for them, but then I remember Notts County getting big backers and hiring Sven and that never really worked out
  • Options

Massive news for them, but then I remember Notts County getting big backers and hiring Sven and that never really worked out

Forgot about them.

• Options

1StevieG said:

And there was me thinking you would be too busy with defending yourself from all the gloating from Blades fans.
  • Options
    Looks as if the balance of power in Sheffield football has changed again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did the blades ever get the reported 30million plus that the hammers were to give them as compensation over relegation/argentine signings . If so where did the money go.
  • Options
    Worth US$18bn, apparently, though how you'd figure that out I don't know. In any event, if you had that kind of money why on earth you'd buy 50% of Sheffield United I really can't even begin to imagine. Surely, you'd want control - of something - and you wouldn't be short of options. Very odd.

Does FFP apply to all clubs? If so, how will this guy fund them and stay within budget?

Yes it does and it will be binding because in both League One and in the Championship the FFP rules will be enforced. Unlike in the Premier League I dare say where, the odds are, Michel Platini will just mumble something unintelligible when Chelsea and Manchester City break the rules.

Munto Finance, the buyers of Notts, never had any money. It was all a bizarre con trick. Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud might, conceivably, be related to Bin Laden, but he'll almost certainly have some dosh!!

Anyone who has been to Saudi will know that the prospect of home games in Riyadh isn't particularly enticing!!!

Good luck to the Blades. They'll probably need it.
  • Options

Would be surprised if he invests a fortune, if he only owns 50%. He may increase his %, in which case further money may be made available for the team.

Understand he will be attending his first game as co-owner this weekend. He is probably excited to see his team play at the New York Stadium, this may be dampened slightly when he finds out it is not in the city of the same name but Rotherham.
  • Options
    Try getting the new owners name on the back of the shirt: Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Try getting the new owners name on the back of the shirt: Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

VG wins
  • Options

Would be surprised if he invests a fortune, if he only owns 50%. He may increase his %, in which case further money may be made available for the team.

Understand he will be attending his first game as co-owner this weekend. He is probably excited to see his team play at the New York Stadium, this may be dampened slightly when he finds out it is not in the city of the same name but Rotherham.

I now have the image of him asking for directions to the Statue of Liberty after the game! Never mind, if he likes sand, he can always visit "Rotherham by the Sea" if it's still on.

The real question is would we want him as a 50% owner with Richard Murray? Given where we are I think it's rip your arm off time.
  • Options
    Sky have just said that the prince also looked at buying charlton.
  • Options
    Yes I didn't realise he had been linked with us.

Like Mundell though, I'm really puzzled about why he took 50%. At least in the area I know best, you'd either insist on 51% for all that money, or take a much smaller stake for now, say 20%, and see how it goes. 50% is lousy. Maximum payout for minimum overall control. It's not as if he is expecting dividends to be paid.