Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bexley Village & the Gypsies?

124»

Comments

• Options

nolly said:

always found the woodman a really nice pub

Are you talking about the one overlooking the slade? I've never been in there. I remember as a kid hearing a story that a bloke was attacked with an axe outside that place and the landlord refused to call the police. So i always had it down as a place perhaps to avoid! That said I'm sure it's a chinese restuarant now.
    How long ago was that?
    Used to drink in there & play football for them, never heard of that.
  • Options
    Had a walk past last night, not much happening, just a few parked cars and couple of community support officers milling around.

I expected to see dogs on shoelaces, kids on rusty BMX's and Human faeces everywhere, but all was back to normal.
  • Options

nolly said:

always found the woodman a really nice pub

Are you talking about the one overlooking the slade? I've never been in there. I remember as a kid hearing a story that a bloke was attacked with an axe outside that place and the landlord refused to call the police. So i always had it down as a place perhaps to avoid! That said I'm sure it's a chinese restuarant now.
    How long ago was that?
    Used to drink in there & play football for them, never heard of that.
    Late 70s/ early 80s it must have been.

• Options
    Not sure if it's the same group but just seen some pictures of some travellers' trailers parked at Hesketh Park, home of Dartford Cricket Club. By all accounts they drove straight over the square!