Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have you ever influenced a game ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    While playing Sunday league, I noticed the oppos keeper always seemed to be on the edge of his own box when play was in midfield. I said to our centre back who had a foot like a hammer that if I got a free kick on the half way line I'd place the ball so just try and ping one. Low and behold with 5 minutes to go, i got pushed from behind,  so placed it, and boom, he did it. Won the game and I took a bow.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to @MCS ?  Used to enjoy his posts.  Remember him posting a video on here once of him being out and nearly bumping into some gnarly bloke and his face was a picture.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to @MCS ?  Used to enjoy his posts.  Remember him posting a video on here once of him being out and nearly bumping into some gnarly bloke and his face was a picture.
    He goes to games (well he did last season).I saw him in Crossbars.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Not me directly, but I went to see Leyton Orient v Fulham years back with a fella from work who was an O's fan and his mates. We were in the old stand on the side that ran the length of the pitch.

Clive Walker was playing for Fulham on the wing on our side of the ground and when he went to pick the ball up to take a throw-in just in front of us after about 2 minutes one of the lads went right down the front and started shouting, "Clive. Clive. Clive ..... CLIVE". Walker turned around and he shouted "FLASHER!" and opened his coat! Apparently he had been done for some sort of indecent exposure or something a few years earlier. He didn't look happy.

This fella then proceeded to absolutely rip him to pieces for the whole of the first half.  At one point Walker picked the ball up in the full back position and went on a run down the wing with this fella running along next to him in the stand shouting "Clive, Clive, Clive ....." 

Every so often Walker would look over and this bloke would shout "FLASHER" and open his coat. Again and again. It was like a moth to the flame. He couldn't stop himself looking over. Never seen anything like it before or since.

Can't remember the score, but I know Walker had an absolute shocker.
    I was standing with Ian Pittman (RIP) at Brighton years ago when Walker was playing for them. Ian was giving him constant grief about it, which reached a crescendo when he went to take a throw in right in front of us. 

Walker stopped, turned round and said to Ian (who by this time was hanging off the fence screaming at him) "come on mate, give it a rest"
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Not me directly, but I went to see Leyton Orient v Fulham years back with a fella from work who was an O's fan and his mates. We were in the old stand on the side that ran the length of the pitch.

Clive Walker was playing for Fulham on the wing on our side of the ground and when he went to pick the ball up to take a throw-in just in front of us after about 2 minutes one of the lads went right down the front and started shouting, "Clive. Clive. Clive ..... CLIVE". Walker turned around and he shouted "FLASHER!" and opened his coat! Apparently he had been done for some sort of indecent exposure or something a few years earlier. He didn't look happy.

This fella then proceeded to absolutely rip him to pieces for the whole of the first half.  At one point Walker picked the ball up in the full back position and went on a run down the wing with this fella running along next to him in the stand shouting "Clive, Clive, Clive ....." 

Every so often Walker would look over and this bloke would shout "FLASHER" and open his coat. Again and again. It was like a moth to the flame. He couldn't stop himself looking over. Never seen anything like it before or since.

Can't remember the score, but I know Walker had an absolute shocker.
    I was standing with Ian Pittman (RIP) at Brighton years ago when Walker was playing for them. Ian was giving him constant grief about it, which reached a crescendo when he went to take a throw in right in front of us. 

Walker stopped, turned round and said to Ian (who by this time was hanging off the fence screaming at him) "come on mate, give it a rest"
    Remember it well Russ.  Ian Pittman and the once poster on here @stevedowman made it a miserable afternoon for Clive.
  • Options
    He was very much a regular at the Valley pre Covid.  Still a top geezer. 
  • Options
    1905 said:
    He was very much a regular at the Valley pre Covid.  Still a top geezer. 
    A very close pal of mine, great guy.