Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Millwall

Comments

• Options
    Hamer 5.5 goal was deflected, thought he did better with loose balls than the last few games
    Morrison 6.5 up for it.
    devite 6 did OK
    Wood 6 did OK
    Wilson 5.5
    Wiggins 5.5
    Pritchard 4 big fan of his but was not in the game today.
    Stephens 5.5
    Jackson 6.5 understood that this game mattered
    Church 6 (+1 for effort, -0.5 for finishing)
    Pigott 4.5 out of his depth but tried. Got no protection from the ref
    Stewart 6.5 looked good. Wished he'd started

Harriott n/a - both harriott and Sordell looked up for it. Given how absent Sordell has looked, I thought this was a big improvement. Shame they weren't on for longer
    Sordell n/a

CP -sort it out please!
    Crowd - good atmosphere for the first 20 minutes when we looked positive, awful after they scored.
  • Options
    Hamer 5
    Morrison 6
    devite 6
    Wood 6
    Wilson 5
    Wiggins 6.5
    Pritchard 5
    Stephens 5
    Jackson 6
    Church 5
    Pigott 4
    Stewart 6
  • Options
    Some of thosevmarks are far to generous
    Hamer was shocking
    Whole team looked lacklustre only Stewart seamed to be interested!
  • Options
    Hamer - 6
    Morrison - 6
    devite - 6
    Wood - 4
    Wilson - 5
    Wiggins - 5
    Pritchard - 2
    Stephens - 6
    Jackson - 6.5
    Church - 4
    Pigott - 3
    Stewart - 6

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunately I was at The Valley.
    Hamer - 4 Gave the ball away under needless pressure too often like most of the defence.
    Morrison - 6 One of 3 players that actually looked decent.
    Dervite - 5 Did what he needed to do. Unlucky deflection for their goal.
    Wood - 5 Did what he needed to do.
    Wilson - 5 Ineffective.
    Wiggins - 4 Late on when he had the chance to pass to Wilson in plenty of space and instead passed it back.
    Pritchard - 3 Not looking at where you kick the ball is what I expect from 9 year olds. Eased out of the game to easily.
    Stephens - 4 Lets see how many times I can pass it back.
    Jackson - 6 Ran around and broke up bits of opposition attack.
    Church - 6 Ran his arse off for crumbs.
    Pigott - 4 Poor touches that led to putting the ball out of play 3 times.
    Stewart - 5 Some nice touches and a couple of shots.
  • Options

My answer would have been what themightyath said paulie mate.

But with kermo out there is no-one else who can play there we are a senior striker short we lost 3 in the summer and got 2 i agree it was a tough start for pigott but what i dont agree is blaming the man management and blaming powell there was no option for him
  • Options
    Hamer - 6
    Morrison - 8
    Dervite - 8
    Wood - 8 thought all 3 cbs did well
    Wilson - 7 ok
    Wiggins - 7 ok
    Pritchard - 4 normally our best player imo, today had a mare
    Stephens - 4 did nothing
    Jackson - 5 showed some passion, but not a great deal more
    Church - 5 ran around without doing much
    Pigott - 3 feel sorry for him but looked like he'd given up after 30mins
    Stewart - 7 looked lively when he came on, all right foot but could have produced something
  • Options

My answer would have been what themightyath said paulie mate.

But with kermo out there is no-one else who can play there we are a senior striker short we lost 3 in the summer and got 2 i agree it was a tough start for pigott but what i dont agree is blaming the man management and blaming powell there was no option for him
    Play 4-3-3 with Harriott and Stewart wingers, at least they have game time and not been thrown in at the deep end. Pigott isn't Yann, we needed to change the game-plan from the hoof ball.
  • Options
    VALLEY

Hamer - 5
    Morrison - 6
    devite - 6
    Wood 6
    Wilson 6
    Wiggins 4
    Pritchard 4
    Stephens 4
    Jackson 6
    Church 4
    Pigott 4
    Stewart 5

• Options
    Hamer 6 Did nothing wrong was, not over worked
    Morrison 6 At least he was up for it. A slight positive for me
    devite 5 Ok, did a job, nothing more
    Wood 4.5 First time I have seen him. I was not impressed
    Wilson 4 Must have been his twin brother playing against Leicester
    Wiggins 5 Tried, didn't succeed. What is wrong with him?
    Pritchard 5 Tried, didn't succeed, lost heart, gave up, along with the ball every time he got it. I like Pritchard he's a grafter, but on days like today I can see why he came fron non league football.
    Stephens 4 Dithers so much on the ball it's painful. Maybe it's not him, but the others
    Jackson 6.5 May not have done much, but he cared
    Church 6 Tried, didn't succeed
    Pigott 4 Right I am an SCP fan BUT WTF did he think he was doing giving the lad his full debut in this game. He looked lost. Put him back on the bench, give him occasional cameos, build his confidence. Maybe send him out on load and bring Smith back. Don't give up on him just yet
    Stewart 6 Looked lively, not sure why we waited so long for him to come on. Ditto other subs. Two out of three of our best chances were created by the subs.

D'Urso went up in my estimation today. Anyone who annoys the Millwall scum is all right with me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer-7 no chance with the goal
    Morrison-7 the back three looked solid
    Dervite-7
    Wood-7
    Wilson-6
    Wiggins-6
    Pritchard-5 at fault for the goal
    Stephens-5 disappeared second half
    Jackson- 6.5
    Church-4 very poor
    Pigott-2 totally out of his depth.Why CP kept him on is a mystery
    Playing Church and Pigott was a big mistake. We began by pressing them in midfield bu
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hamer 5.5 poor decision in distribution
    Morrison 6 ok defensively but the passing out from the back is so slow at times
    devite 6 as above
    Wood 6 as above
    Wilson 6 ok defensively but didnt offer enough going forward
    Wiggins 5.5 some poor decisions when passing and crossing not upto scratch
    Pritchard 5.5 Looked well below his best
    Stephens 5.5 so slow on the ball at times
    Jackson 6 tried to drive the team on but got little response
    Church 6 ran around alot but little decent service
    Pigott 5 looked out of his depth for this game
    Stewart 6 added a little spark when he came on

Harriott 5.5 poor decisions with final ball
    Sordell 5.5 i would have preferred he started, he needs game time and looks so low in confidence
  • Options
    edited September 2013

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Hamer 5
    Morrison 7.5
    devite 7
    Wood 7.5
    Wilson 6.5
    Wiggins 6
    Pritchard 5.5
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 7
    Church 7
    Pigott 5
    Stewart 5

Valley
  • Options
    Hamer - 5
    Wilson - 5
    Morrison - 6.5
    Dervite -5
    Wood - 5
    Wiggins - 4.5
    Pritchard - 3.5
    Stephens - 5
    Jackson - 5.5
    Pigott - 5
    Church - 5

AT THE GAME
  • Options
    Hamer 6
    Morrison 7
    devite 6
    Wood 6
    Wilson 5.5
    Wiggins 5
    Pritchard 4
    Stephens 5
    Jackson 4.5
    Church 6.5
    Pigott 2
    Stewart 6
  • Options
    Hamer - 5 - Nothing to do really, but a really terrible kicking display struggled to reach the halfway line with the majority of his kicks.
    Morrison - 6 - Reliable, took the ball out of defence and tried to pass to feet.
    Dervite - 5.5 - Nothng special, done his job.
    Wood - 5.5 - I though he done OK, won a lot of headers.
    Wilson - 5 - Crossing poor, but got up and down the wing.
    Wiggins - 5 - As above.
    Pritchard - 3 - Terrible game for him, too weak and very poor passing, at fault for the goal.
    Stephens - 4 - Gave the ball away too much but also passed the ball about.
    Jackson - 5 - Lots of effort, no end result, should have got a few shots on target and crossed the ball earlier in one attack where we had a good opportunity to score.
    Church - 6 - Chased and harried, goodish game ruined by one powderpuff finish. Put your foot through the ball, Forde is a very average keeper.
    Pigott - 1.5 - Feel sorry for him, but he lost the ball, fell over a lot, lost every header, fell over the ball and dribbled the ball out of play on more than one occasion. He needs a lower league loan move, not good enough for the Championship. And those who say giving him low marks is not fair, tough, he needs to take the stick and come back stronger. Reminded me of a Pawell Abbott performance.
    Stewart - 6 - Tried to take his man on and put the most dangerous crosses of the day.

Harriott n/a - Tried to beat the whole team, crossing was better.
    Sordell n/a - Made a bit of difference as he held the ball up and looked to pass to feet, should have been on earlier, Piggott should have been taken off at half time.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hamer - 4 one great ball out to left in first half. Rest of the game, awful. Too much moaning and poor balls out to players under pressure. Not at fault for goal.

Morrison - 5 nothing special, didn't really need to be, but still on losing side.

devite - 5 same as above, wouldn't really blame him for deflection.

Wood - 5.5 thought he was the best of the 3 centre halves

Wilson - 6 tried, got forward well.

Wiggins - 5.5 again, nothing special today

Pritchard - 3 has had a couple of wonderful games, but today was absolutely appalling. Caught in possession so many times, lightweight any time he tried to win it back and just dreadful with the assist for their goal.

Stephens - 6 best of the midfield. One brilliant ball cross field in first half to Wiggins, tried, but just not enough.

Jackson - 5.5 tried to lead. One great example chasing them across from left mid to their left back, but just not as good as their midfielders. One chance, snatched at it.

Church - 6 lots of effort, little support.

Pigott - 4 sorry, would love him to do well, but that was the display of a boy completely out of his depth.

Stewart - 6 team looked better when he came on

Harriott n/a
    Sordell n/a

Couple of nice touches from Harriott and Sordell.

Team - 2 insipid performance as a team. As always, we failed to turn up and any decent bit of play by one player was never supported by another.

At the game. Wishing I hadn't been.
  • Options
    That was sh1t... All players hold your head in shame
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 5.5 Did ok.
    Morrison 6 Tried hard. Good spirit. One of the few positives.
    devite 5.5 Did ok if not special.
    Wood 5.5 Could be an ok player.
    Wilson 4.5 Worked hard....but hiding away for passing or receiving passes.
    Wiggins 4.5 Again worked hard....but not sure the ability is there at this level anymore??? I'd like to see Evina.
    Pritchard 5 Bad mistake - could see he was desperate to rectify but unfortunately a poor game for pritch.
    Stephens 4 Pretty anonymous...
    Jackson 6 Similar to Morrison.
    Church 5 Needs Yann next to him.
    Pigott 3 Send him out on Loan!! He could be very good one day! Unfortunately today he was out of his depth and had no luck.
    Stewart 6 Looked lively and interested.

SCP 4 - Subs should have come on earlier - very little plan A or B....

Valley
  • Options
    Hamer 5
    Morrison 5
    devite 5
    Wood 6
    Wilson 4
    Wiggins 5
    Pritchard 4
    Stephens 4
    Jackson 4
    Church 5
    Pigott 4
    Stewart 6
    Valley
  • Options
    Hamer 5
    Morrison 6
    devite 5
    Wood 6
    Wilson 5
    Wiggins 6
    Pritchard 4
    Stephens 5
    Jackson 5
    Church 5
    Pigott 5
    Stewart 6
  • Options
    Hamer- 5
    Morrison - 6
    devite - 6
    Wood - 6
    Wilson - 5
    Wiggins - 5
    Pritchard - 3
    Stephens - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Church - 6
    Pigott - 3
    Stewart - 6

TV
  • Options
    VALLEY

Hamer - 5 kicking is pants now
    Morrison - 6 looked interested.
    devite - 6 not much to do
    Wood 6 as above
    Wilson 5.5 wasteful. Numerous crosses and not a single red shirt hit
    Wiggins 5 shadow of former self. Didn't beat his man once. Evina time perhaps
    Pritchard 4 bullied
    Stephens 4 one great pass. Lots of shit ones. Fed up with his "blind hook it over the shoulder" pass which goes to the opposition.
    Jackson 5 not fit enough. Not fast enough.
    Church 5 jump. Make an effort to at least get off the ground. Loads of running but sometimes you need more than just graft
    Pigott 4 bullied. Should never have started this game
    Stewart 7 my mom. Touch of excitement about him.

SCP if they aren't playing your way I want to see you going apeshit on the touch line. If they are playing your way then your days are numbered. That was embarrassing today. A collection of defenders trying to avoid being the one to lump it long to the Millwall defenders. Midfielders off the pace.
    If you need someone to put a foot on it then play Gower.

Really disappointed YET AGAIN with a horrendous home performance. Gutless and no ideas at all

• Options
    Hamer 5
    Morrison 6
    devite5
    Wood5
    Wilson5
    Wiggins6
    Pritchard4
    Stephens5
    Jackson6
    Church5
    Pigott3
    Stewart6
  • Options
    Hamer 5
    Morrison 6
    devite 6
    Wood 5
    Wilson 5
    Wiggins 4
    Pritchard 4
    Stephens 4
    Jackson 5
    Church 5
    Pigott 3
    Stewart 6

Harriott n/a
    Sordell n/a

At the Valley, sadly.
  • Options
    Hamer 5.5
    Morrison 6.5
    devite 6
    Wood 7
    Wilson 6
    Wiggins 6.5
    Pritchard 5
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 6
    Church 6
    Pigott 4.5
    Stewart 6

Harriott n/a
    Sordell n/a

TV
  • Options
    At the game

Hamer 5 - poor distribution, nearly slid out of his area with the ball in the first five minutes, could see there would be issues after that but thankfully milk wall didn't test him

Morrison 6 - average game, looks to be getting his confidence back that disappeared some point last year

devite 5.5 - average but loses half a mark for turning his back and hanging his foot out for the goal

Wood 6 - average again, not really tested so not sure why some are criticising him

Wilson 6 - kept going all game, didn't do much wrong but wasn't a creative spark

Wiggins 6 - same as above

Pritchard 4 - kept trying but some awful passing and decision making

Stephens 5.5 - when we dominate possession I feel his style is more effective, unfortunately we were looking for a cutting edge and be didn't provide. Was in a good position for church's tame shot, probably would have scored.

Jackson 6 - tried to drive the team forwards but seemed to be too frustrated to be effective by the end.

Church 5 - not much service, plenty of running, should have passed instead of shooting but basically became the target man after JP failed. Not his style of game and looks better with Yann holding up the ball.

Pigott 3 - completely out of his depth, if he is supposed to be a target man he needs to bulk up. Failed to win a single header, waited for the ball to come to him resulting in defenders beating him every time. Ran the ball out of play under no real pressure at least twice. Poor passing. Now he is a kid, very raw and learning at this level so he will have awful games but he could easily bounce back next weekend and do great. The thing is you could see this wasn't the game for him after we started targeting church from goal kicks (about 15-20 mins in) Powell should have taken him off at half time but left the decision too long, therefore he should come in for the blame here. JP needs the chance to learn but getting your first start in a rivals game is not the chance he needed, Powell set him up to fail there. As someone else said, a better option would have been Church/Harriott/Stewart especially with Millwall's slow defenders. Brought nothing to the team, you know it's bad when you think he was worse than Sod-all ;).

Stewart 6.5 - he and Harriott came on and looked the most likely to make something happen. Dunne was falling over himself trying to keep up with the twists and turns, completely bamboozled their defenders.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hamer 6 Keeping ok, distribution poor but if people don't move for you it makes it hard

Morrison 7 One of the few who embraced the battle

devite 6 unlucky with the deflection

Wood 6 First sight of him. Steady

Wilson 6 Faded in and out but a few good things

Wiggins 5.5 Worst I can remember from him. Disappointing.

Pritchard 6 Not as good as usual but didn't hide.

Stephens 5.5 Frustrating and refusing the ball from a throw in towards the end was criminal

Jackson 6 Could tell he wanted it but ineffective most of the time. Shame that shot didn't go in.

Church 6 Worked hard with little service but should have finished off his chance from Sordell's through ball

Pigott 5.5 Looked out of his depth but stuck at it which is a positive.

Stewart 6.5 Had an impact which is what you ask from a sub and one of the two shots I can remember that Forde had to save!

Harriott n/a No mark but looked interested and up for it

Sordell n/a Lovely through ball to Church which he (Church) should have done better with.

EDIT: Forgot to say I was at The Valley (unfortunately!)