Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF! Powell was to go

If Powell was to go (which i dont want him to or dont think he will) who would be good enough to replace him?

Comments

• Options
    The Great Soprendo............. Well he' need to be a f*cking good magician with limited resources wouldn't he :0).
  • Options
    A very difficult question to answer but one I think will be answered by the board of directors at the end of the season when/if he walks out.

What other decent out of work managers that are willing to take this poisoned chalice on are out there at the moment? Tony Pulis?, Neil Warnock? Not my choice and no doubt wouldn't be very popular either with the rest of the fans but tried and tested managers that do get players motivated.

Me personally? I hope Powell turns the corner pretty sharpish.....
  • Options
    Reamsofverse
  • Options
    Curbs 14/1.
  • Options
    Les Reed with Big Merv as assistant.
  • Options
    We had this debate endlessly when Parky was in charge.
    The main argument for keeping Parky was that no one could come up with someone better to replace him. I don't think a single person threw Powell's name into the ring. How many of those who demanded we keep Parky because of the alternatives offered would have done so had they known that Powell was the alternative?
    I am not advocating sacking Powell, however, the reason for sacking a manager should be about that managers perfomance, not who may or may not be there to replace him because I'm pretty sure no one on this forum is aware of what managers-in-traiing there are out there.
  • Options
    That bloke at Bradford is doing well. A Wembley cup final, promotion and now has his side in the league one play off places.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Di Matteo
    Di Canio
    Poyet
  • Options

That bloke at Bradford is doing well. A Wembley cup final, promotion and now has his side in the league one play off places.

What was his name again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think its an honest question of me to ask! People on this forum are complaining about Powell but is there anybody better out there.

I don't think so.
  • Options
    It ain't just about CP being pumped, he could still walk! So get your heads out the sand and name some names.
  • Options

I think its an honest question of me to ask! People on this forum are complaining about Powell but is there anybody better out there.

I don't think so.

Yep, perfectly fair question. The answers speak for themselves.

• Options
    ....and take off them rose tinted glasses!

; )
  • Options
    Ok Big_Rob i will.

I reckon if Powell was to go then i would get either Nathan Jones back from Brighton or Curbs back.

Shame Kenny Jackett is at Wolves.
  • Options
    DRF said:

We had this debate endlessly when Parky was in charge.
    The main argument for keeping Parky was that no one could come up with someone better to replace him. I don't think a single person threw Powell's name into the ring. How many of those who demanded we keep Parky because of the alternatives offered would have done so had they known that Powell was the alternative?
    I am not advocating sacking Powell, however, the reason for sacking a manager should be about that managers perfomance, not who may or may not be there to replace him because I'm pretty sure no one on this forum is aware of what managers-in-traiing there are out there.

I run a business connected with 'sacking managers".

Any idiot can sack a manager.

Finding somebody better is the hard bit. Actually, that is why I have a business.

• Options
    Richard Rufus.
  • Options
    Paul Elliot
  • Options

I don't think so.

Yes there is but they probably wouldnt come here and the majority of alternatives are worse. Not a great job to have at the moment particularly with the fans on your back.
  • Options
    Di Matteo or Poyet at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Di Matteo or Poyet at the moment

They would both be worse than useless with the resources available at our club.

• Options
    Curbs. But hopefully we keep Powell think some of the players commitment needs to be questioned . We don't spend no money when a lot of other clubs are strengthening don't think powells doing a bad job we will turn it around
  • Options
    Di Matteo, the bloke who won the Champions league about 14 months ago ?

I look forward to the conversation where he is told there is no money to bring in on loan a player from Spurs' development squad!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Poyet but hopefully Powell is going nowhere.
  • Options
    Poyet wouldn't work here on the existing resources available.
  • Options

Poyet wouldn't work here on the existing resources available.

True
  • Options
    Got to laugh at some of these replies.

Not a hope in hell of either di Matteo or Poyet being remotely interested in coming to us.
  • Options

Got to laugh at some of these replies.

Not a hope in hell of either di Matteo or Poyet being remotely interested in coming to us.

Agreed

Jamie Day anyone?
  • Options
    reamsofverse
  • Options

If Powell was to go (which i dont want him to or dont think he will) who would be good enough to replace him?

Irrelevant...but....I'd just promote Alex Dyer and Damien Matthews if he didn't take them with him.