Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF! Powell was to go

Comments

• Options

If Powell was to go (which i dont want him to or dont think he will) who would be good enough to replace him?

Irrelevant...but....I'd just promote Alex Dyer and Damien Matthews if he didn't take them with him.
    Even if some people think Alex Dyer is the reason we are poor?
  • Options

Without resources available to spend, Charlton could find itself like a thirsty man in the desert not bothering to check whether the bottle of water one finds is Evian or Peckham Spring and simply drinking it gratefully.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Got to laugh at some of these replies.

Not a hope in hell of either di Matteo or Poyet being remotely interested in coming to us.

Agreed

Jamie Day anyone?

Would certainly fit our budget more than some of the other names mentioned
  • Options
    Di Matteo being tipped Sunderland
    Poyet next Fulham Manager

Thats what tabloids are saying
  • Options
    The very flimsy gossip I heard is that Poyet spent from Christmas at Brighton freaking out and throwing his toys because he wasn't given the resources he demanded, and ended up becoming impossible to work with or have around.
    So if he came here, which I hope he doesn't, he will have about fifty pence to splash out with!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Di Matteo being tipped Sunderland
    Poyet next Fulham Manager

Thats what tabloids are saying

Mancini it is then!
  • Options

If Powell was to go (which i dont want him to or dont think he will) who would be good enough to replace him?

Irrelevant...but....I'd just promote Alex Dyer and Damien Matthews if he didn't take them with him.
    I'm not some people.

Chris Powell has and is doing a great job. I assume if he left it would be because he goes onto bigger and better things or gets fed up and walks. In that case, I'd promote form within and keep it going.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

The Great Soprendo............. Well he' need to be a f*cking good magician with limited resources wouldn't he :0).

He could always pull a rabbit out of the bag. Piff, Paff, Poff

• Options
    Hope Powell.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Get poyet in and pebbledash the Milwall dressing room
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paolo di Canio. Can you imagine him and Tony Jimenez together. I'd give it a day.
  • Options

I'm not some people.

Chris Powell has and is doing a great job. I assume if he left it would be because he goes onto bigger and better things or gets fed up and walks. In that case, I'd promote form within and keep it going.
    I'd hope to God we could do better than promote Alex Dyer. Would rather have Euell in charge

• Options
    edited September 2013
    The present owners are unlikely to appoint a new manger on a long contract, if they sell the club the new owners would have to abide by the terms of that contract, then may want to bring in a new manger and incur payoff money. So I think CP is pretty safe at the moment, but if he does go, the owners are more than likely to promote someone allready at the club. I for one think CP should stay but if his own contract is not sorted out soon he my well be poached by another club (Palace will be looking for a new manger in the new year)
  • Options
    1. Tony Pulis - at least he would toughen up the team and stop them folding as pathetically as they did on Saturday

2. Nathan Jones - he's been gone too long
  • Options
    Thank you for illustrating the point for me.

Suggest someone - OK I will [insert name of manager] - He wont come here for x y z reasons

What is the point?
  • Options
    Tony Pulis
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The very flimsy gossip I heard is that Poyet spent from Christmas at Brighton freaking out and throwing his toys because he wasn't given the resources he demanded, and ended up becoming impossible to work with or have around.
    So if he came here, which I hope he doesn't, he will have about fifty pence to splash out with!

To be fair, he was looking to strengthen in the EPL where there's too much money at the moment.
  • Options
    Curbishley.
  • Options
    Fergie
  • Options
    Shankley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fella down at Dulwich Hamlet knows how to get a team up for it.
  • Options
    Russell Slade
  • Options
    So we have a thread on here moaning about the terrible football we're playing under Powell and then we have others on this thread saying they want Tony Pulis as manager!
  • Options
    Bring back Curbs, nobody else seems to want him.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Granpa said:

Bring back Curbs, nobody else seems to want him.

Pretty much how we've selected most of our previous managers in recent years
  • Options
    Rod Hull's not up to much at the moment, Emu would be a natural as his assistant...
  • Options
    Don't think Curbs would come back under the current ownership. Already had his fingers burned working for a dodge board at West Ham.

We already have the best man for the job. Unfortunately he has very little indeed to work with. Plenty of hard work and a good team spirit in the side at the moment, but clearly lacking a couple of players with that extra bit of class to change a game.

Cannot believe our manager is getting so much stick. We'd have a different manager every week if it was up to some on here.
  • Options
    Smithy with Gavlar as his assistant
  • Options

So we have a thread on here moaning about the terrible football we're playing under Powell and then we have others on this thread saying they want Tony Pulis as manager!

I wouldn't want Pulis either but there's a difference between ugly football and effective ugly football.

• Options
    Pretty ugly at the moment