Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wilson " we're all hurting "

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013

he can't win .. what if he'd texted: 'we don't care, we don't give a fuck .. you can all go take a f***ing hike' .. would that have made us feel better ? .. (the real truth is probably somewhere in the middle ... 'IF you can treat those two imposters just the same' .. as ol' Rudyard wrote .. professionals are used to winning & losing, the knack is not to get too ecstatic about the wins nor too suicidal about the losses)

Even worse what if he had taken his wife for an anniversary meal in the oxo tower and tweeted from there.
    Maybe if Silav hsd posted in the rational tone NLA hsd used we would be more understanding
  • Options
    I could understand it being annoying if he tweeted but he was interviewed. Someone asked him the question. I don't think there's a lot he could do!
  • Options
    Has the manager apologised yet?
  • Options
    Tactically we were found out on Saturday, I guess Millwall had noticed how we lined up in the previous few games, and came up with a system to defeat us, so it's too simplistic to blame lack of effort.
  • Options
    Regardless of what Lawrie said or didnt say, I am still hurting and still pissed of with the performance that I do not think was acceptable, over reaction or not its how I feel. If that makes me an idiot so be it. Win on Saturday and I will be fine again, it fickle football and whats the game different from other sports.
  • Options
    We're they even Wilson's words? Someone behind a desk wrote this, looked down the list of players to see who hasn't been quoted much recently, might have called him to say it's going out and then it's on the website.

It's all bollocks just like the performance on Saturday!

72 hours later and I'm still f@cked off!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

he can't win .. what if he'd texted: 'we don't care, we don't give a fuck .. you can all go take a f***ing hike' .. would that have made us feel better ? .. (the real truth is probably somewhere in the middle ... 'IF you can treat those two imposters just the same' .. as ol' Rudyard wrote .. professionals are used to winning & losing, the knack is not to get too ecstatic about the wins nor too suicidal about the losses)

Even worse what if he had taken his wife for sn anniversary mesl in the oxo tower snd tweeted from there.
    Maybe if Silav hsd posted in the rational tone NLA hsd used we would be more understanding
    it's just my feelings, I'm not looking for your understanding.

this is just my way of venting of my pissed offness, over the same drivel that I'm given by these people every time we put in yet another shocking performance. if this was just a one off or a two off or maybe a three off but I'm tired of this piss pot performances who ever's responsible or who ever you thinks responsible, I just wish they'd prove they care by putting in more decent performances not necessarily winning but decent attractive football that's all I want and to beat stonewall, palarse a bit more frequently.

• Options
    "We have injuries hopefully coming back at the end of the week and we haven't had a clean sheet yet."

please god let one of them be chris solly
  • Options
    When your day is long ......
  • Options
    and the night?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The night is yours' alone.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Regardless of what Lawrie said or didnt say, I am still hurting and still pissed of with the performance that I do not think was acceptable, over reaction or not its how I feel. If that makes me an idiot so be it. Win on Saturday and I will be fine again, it fickle football and whats the game different from other sports.

200 million % this
  • Options

We're they even Wilson's words? Someone behind a desk wrote this, looked down the list of players to see who hasn't been quoted much recently, might have called him to say it's going out and then it's on the website.

It's all bollocks just like the performance on Saturday!

72 hours later and I'm still f@cked off!

yeah i know how you feel.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

"We have injuries hopefully coming back at the end of the week and we haven't had a clean sheet yet."

please god let one of them be chris solly

Solly's out for another few weeks. He needs to rest his knee.
  • Options
    Noticed a "supporter" told johnnie Jackson to die after the millwall result... Stay classy charlton fans
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    If they are sorry, how about them giving their week's wages to Demelza?

It's not like they earned it.
  • Options
    I am glad that they are hurting. On Saturday I finished a 12 hour night shift, and had 2 hours sleep before going to watch that pile of crap. Then after the game I slept in my car outside of work for another 2 hours before starting another 12 hour shift.
    So, if even for a few minutes the players feel even a 10th of what i felt, then maybe they wont ever put on another display like that again!
  • Options
    Kev its why i hate these footballtwats using the term "he put in a shift" -------------like f++k he would even know what a shirt was.
  • Options
    Winning the next four games will compensate. A point at Burnley won't be good enough in the circumstances. I predict 0-0 and Chris will say he is happy that the players showed the character to bounce back from the Millwall defeat or some such balls.

The price of losing to Millwall at home is higher than that, so get on with it.

PS At the beginning of January someone like Chris will be saying how important it is for this club to have a cup run. A week later someone like Lawrie will be apologising.

Do your talking on the pitch please.
  • Options
    Players and managers are becoming more like politicians, the media allows them to feed us waffle & spin to cover up for their failures. I record the football league show simply to fast forward the drivel that is spouted from each of the managers interviewed after the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They say the things you want to hear and mean none of them unless they are a fan of your club as well as a player
  • Options

Players and managers are becoming more like politicians, the media allows them to feed us waffle & spin to cover up for their failures. I record the football league show simply to fast forward the drivel that is spouted from each of the managers interviewed after the game.

Note how every manager nowadays says 'group' instead of squad.

It's all bs if your 'group' are playing like turds.
  • Options
    The media ask them questions. Do you want them to say nothing?

I would find it more disturbing If they said it was a good performance and we were unlucky.

However they have said sorry for the shit they produced and at least we know that they know it was turd.
  • Options
    not sure what to make of it. In some ways I'm glad they are sorry but they were all bigging up this game with those posters of yann and harriot saying get ready Charlton fans we're going to do it against them. and powell saying the players and himself all know what it means to us the fans.
    none of them including CP got anywhere near to fulfilling those words.

best if they just stay quiet before a game against a rival. I wasn't expecting us to win but after all the talk before hand I thought well at least they will give it a real go. How mistaken I was.
  • Options
    I'm sure there bottle it in march
  • Options
    Make it up v QPR
  • Options
    "But we tried to play the way that we've been playing and it didn't fall for us"
    In other words they were under instructions to play in a certain way. Unfortunately that "way" wasn't appropriate on this occasion, with the players available. It wasn't working and it should have been changed far earlier. I don't blame Wilson for the past 50 years of crappy performances against Millwall. We need to stop being so bloody terrified of them, and just go for them, hell for leather from the outset. The fact we didn't was down to tactics, team selection and formation, not the players.
  • Options

The media ask them questions. Do you want them to say nothing?

I would find it more disturbing If they said it was a good performance and we were unlucky.

However they have said sorry for the shit they produced and at least we know that they know it was turd.

Could they not just adopt a Father Jack Hackett approach and every time Powell or anyone involved in CAFC was asked a question just reply "ARSE!!!"?
  • Options
    With 30 minutes to go and 1-0 down, we were passing the ball around the center-circle and then back to the keeper. Then we were over-hitting long balls so that Church could pretend to jump for them.

This shows a lack of gameplan/tactical deficiency, and nothing to do with "luck". This is why the fans were frustrated - because we looked short of ideas and attacking threat.

We need a player like Andy Reid again, because Stephens can't cut it and Pritchard is more of a workhorse midfielder as opposed to being creative.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    God what id give to have Andy Reid back in a Charlton shirt