Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wilson " we're all hurting "

124»

Comments

• Options
    Our players are underperforming this season and most of the football has been terrible to watch. Most of our players need to up their game if they want another contract.
    The last midfield player we had with any quality was Andy Reid and since he left we have had to endure a lot of dross (I include our promotion season in that). If we're going to play long ball then get Pulis in.
    We've had the odd good game but these have been the exception.
  • Options

"But we tried to play the way that we've been playing and it didn't fall for us"
    In other words they were under instructions to play in a certain way. Unfortunately that "way" wasn't appropriate on this occasion, with the players available. It wasn't working and it should have been changed far earlier. I don't blame Wilson for the past 50 years of crappy performances against Millwall. We need to stop being so bloody terrified of them, and just go for them, hell for leather from the outset. The fact we didn't was down to tactics, team selection and formation, not the players.

It is an English disease - we think that passion and effort can overcome everything - when really tactics have a much bigger effect! I don't doubt our players were trying - some may have been trying too hard but we were not set up right for the challenge we faced on the day.
  • Options

Our players are underperforming this season and most of the football has been terrible to watch. Most of our players need to up their game if they want another contract.
    The last midfield player we had with any quality was Andy Reid and since he left we have had to endure a lot of dross (I include our promotion season in that). If we're going to play long ball then get Pulis in.
    We've had the odd good game but these have been the exception.

So our captain Johnnie Jackson who has a scoring record of about 1 in 3 over 100 league games is 'dross' is he?

Callum Harriott doesn't have 'quality' either?

Still find it unbelievable that our midfield from our promotion season get slated. It is IMPOSSIBLE to amass 101 points if you have a middle unit of a team which isn't any good. Not a matter of opinion, as good as fact.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Did Millwall attack us? - No, they competed hard defensively and in midfield and took shots when they could. Zero build up play - good tactics against a 3-5-2 giving all the time and space that was there to centre halves who couldn't do anything with it! You could see the frustration in some of our players when they found nothing was on - making gestures etc... It put them under pressure as when you are the home side th eonus is on you to make things happen. I think Saturday was Chrissy's lowest tactical ebb and there were a few last year - Palace away - Sheff Wed home - but I still think he is the man for the job - just if we are going to play the blame game - he must take the fair share for last week.
  • Options
    I'm sure Laurie is hurting

Did Millwall attack us? - No, they competed hard defensively and in midfield and took shots when they could. Zero build up play - good tactics against a 3-5-2 giving all the time and space that was there to centre halves who couldn't do anything with it! You could see the frustration in some of our players when they found nothing was on - making gestures etc... It put them under pressure as when you are the home side th eonus is on you to make things happen. I think Saturday was Chrissy's lowest tactical ebb and there were a few last year - Palace away - Sheff Wed home - but I still think he is the man for the job - just if we are going to play the blame game - he must take the fair share for last week.

Absolutely spot on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    On a similar note, Rich Cawley just posted this on twitter:

• Options
    Still hurting?
  • Options
    Can't believe the SLP still use Quark, surely it's a thing of the past?
  • Options
    Who is Fester?

On the players talking to the press, i remember how we slated the players from being too remote during the prem days, we really can't have it both ways, personally I would rather have this lot than the high percentage of mercenaries we had then.
  • Options
    no need for recriminations after yesterday .. all the players tried hard .. they were undone by a better team on the day .. a MUCH better team on the day and were asked to play in a defensive shell, a job for which the selection was not well equipped