Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dear Bruce Forsyth

Comments

• Options

Put on Facebook earlier, I have these nightmares I'm in my nursing home chair and a 135yr old Brucie is tap dancing to my right.

It's never going to end. Ever.

While your banning Nathan from employment threads and organising CL trips to histrioc castles, bingo and cross stitching and competitions on your now outdated IPad. ;)

• Options

Please die!

wife has strictly on. God I hate that man.

What an awful thing to say - just because you're sitting it a computer doesn't make it acceptable to write it. Would you say it to his face? Wishing someone dead, even in jest is pretty low.
  • Options
    Jesus - some ppl really do need to lighten up.
  • Options
    There are some seriously high horses on this board. A board that doesn't actually have the power to kill people, which is probably worth remembering.
  • Options
    What you on about? Hardly thought he had magic powers.

• Options
    You guys astound me. If I'm still going like he is at his age then I will be thanking my lucky stars every night.

The only reason I can find to dislike the lucky bast*rd is that I know that at his age I'll be wearing knitwear, constantly in a pair of slippers and regaling grandchildren with tales that begin with "In my day...".

All hail Sir Bruce!

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

There are some seriously high horses on this board. A board that doesn't actually have the power to kill people, which is probably worth remembering.

Please remember those who have taken their lives after being bullied on internet forums. Whilst I'm sure that Bruce doesn't care in the slightest what the OP thinks of him, it is still a pretty awful thing to write.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Seems it was said as a joke for the younger gen. Smiley facey thingy might have made it less harsh I suppose.
  • Options
    Justin Lee Collins claims Brucie isn't a very nice person. Which may be a tad hypocritical.
  • Options
    No idea why anyone would hate Bruce Forsythe, always strikes me as a pretty innocent bloke who is seen by many as a national treasure.

Then again is there a single celebrity, commentator, football manager etc who is exempt from hatred on Charlton Life?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

No idea why anyone would hate Bruce Forsythe, always strikes me as a pretty innocent bloke who is seen by many as a national treasure.

Then again is there a single celebrity, commentator, football manager etc who is exempt from hatred on Charlton Life?

The new bird from countdown
  • Options
    He's a great man and it will be a sad day when he leaves us.

I've never seen strictly though!
  • Options
    Great dancer, one of the old school.
  • Options
    Most of the jokes he tells are awful.. But he knows they are! That's why he does them, He is just good old non offensive entertainment that a family can watch. I would rather watch him than the bunch of idiots on the xfactor who only know one way to make telly, shock, cringe and playing on the emotions of their gullible demographic. Everything about that show is horrible.
  • Options
    Apologies if I offended some sensibilities on here, but I did post it as a joke, although I really do dislike the man intensely and I know a couple of people who have met him and frankly, they have compounded my opinion.
    Charente - Thanks for sticking up for me, but it wasn't a clumsy comment, it was quite deliberate, BUT meant as a joke. A daft, some might say sick joke, but a joke nonetheless.
    Sorry, but I have a nasty sense of humour, mock the afflicted at will and laugh at others misfortune on too many occasions as I'm sure do many on here.
    I'm also neither offended or worried about those comments digging me out, you are entitled to your opinion and those calling me a prat (note spelling), you are probably right!
  • Options
    edited September 2013

JiMMy 85 said:

Please remember those who have taken their lives after being bullied on Internet forums
    Drama queen. That has nothing to do with this thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    JiMMy 85 said:

Not being a drama queen at all - I'm trying to point out to you that people have killed themselves after being told 'to die' on internet forums, twitter etc. You suggested that a board doesn't have the power to kill, in some cases it already has
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Not being a drama queen at all - I'm trying to point out to you that people have killed themselves after being told 'to die' on internet forums, twitter etc.
    I would expect that these unfortunate people would make that decision eventually whether told to or not. Suicide rates have not significantly increased with the onset of social media.
  • Options
    He's the last ageing light entertainer who hasn't been charged with sex crimes. Cherish him.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

JiMMy 85 said:

Not being a drama queen at all - I'm trying to point out to you that people have killed themselves after being told 'to die' on internet forums, twitter etc.
    That's ok me14.

I mean he would have to take a long hard look at himself if he didn't like what i said.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Bruce should go take his retirement, find him hideously creepy myself in the jimmy saville mould (before the relevations came out about him) but I fear that he's the kind of person that will die very quickly after they've stopped working. So I guess for his own health and his family I'll allow him to present programmes I'll never watch :)
  • Options
    can he play in midfield?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's ok me14.

I mean he would have to take a long hard look at himself if he didn't like what i said.

Haha touche!
  • Options
    He is really struggling now -I think this will be his last series. Mind you, everybody makes an allowance for him which adds a charm to the show!
  • Options

Please die!

wife has strictly on. God I hate that man.

I've never been angry at anyone on this forum, even those who have provoked me for no reason...but I'm going to make an exception in your case.

You are a soulless piece of crap that I hope I never have the misfortune to meet!

• Options
    Telling someone to die is bad but an elderly man that literally could die any day is very low. I know it was meant as a joke but how would you feel if he actually died within close proximity of your post?
  • Options
    Be careful what you wish for ! I did not enjoy watching Tommy Cooper die in front of me on screen.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

can he play in midfield?

Too tall.