Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Away Match Thread.

Comments

• Options

It's a results driven business. We aren't getting many decent results at the moment and some might argue that we don't look like getting any. I seriously think a defeat today and on Tuesday and Blackpool will be last chance saloon for CP.

Agree. We are not there yet, but 2 more defeats and Powell will be on rocky ground. But with no backing, you fear for us whoever is in charge.
  • Options
    Mooney scores for the O's
    Matt Taylor scores for Colchester
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Powell, he's trying to change things each week, but just not happening for him at the moment.
  • Options
    razil said:

Can we dispose with 352 forever now

Why? We're playing 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 today.
  • Options

It's a results driven business. We aren't getting many decent results at the moment and some might argue that we don't look like getting any. I seriously think a defeat today and on Tuesday and Blackpool will be last chance saloon for Jiminez and Slater.

• Options
    So game not yet over, and doubts about Chris Powell being raised.
    For those who want him gone, would you like to suggest his replacement? Because I can't think of anybody better who is in any way realistic.
  • Options

Feel sorry for Powell, he's trying to change things each week, but just not happening for him at the moment.

Solly, Kermorgant & Jackson all out really doesn't help, especially with so little depth in the squad...if he had spent big ion the summer to build on last years success I would be very critical but we are scraping by on a mixture of youth, ageing freebies & loanees

• Options
    Anyway I admit bias, and want Powell to stay for the long term.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

For those who want him gone, would you like to suggest his replacement? Because I can't think of anybody better who is in any way realistic.

Where has anyone suggested they want him gone. I am offering a view on what I think will happen if the results go against us over the next 3 games.

• Options
    Let's not jump ahead of ourselves. Game is still on. Sterling work Seth- keep it up mate, thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the up-dates SP. Doing a grand job.
  • Options
    Cheers Seth
  • Options
    I'm not there today but every game this season I've been to. I can never see where goals are going to come from. Plus we can't keep clean sheet. Worrying times
  • Options

seth plum said:

Where has anyone suggested they want him gone. I am offering a view on what I think will happen if the results go against us over the next 3 games.

Same here, I really don't WANT Powell gone, I don't think there is a single manager out there who could do much better with the financial/injuries circumstances CP faces. BUT I am far from convinced that Slater & Co. will see it the same way... Unfortunately.
  • Options
    My mistake Clem, you're a Powell fan.
  • Options
    Let's hope we can open it up a bit this half. Give Stewart the go ahead to take his man on and worry the defense. We don't want to stay in our shell. COYR!!
  • Options
    Many miles have I travelled,
    Many games have I seen,
    Following Charlton my favourite team.
    Many hours have I spent in the covered end choir,
    Singing Valley Floyd Road,
    My only desire

Valley Floyd Road,
    Oh mist rolling in from the Thames,
    My desire, is always to be found at
    Valley, Floyd Road!

Teams returning I believe.
  • Options
    CP losing 2-0
  • Options
    I assume Burnley are kicking the right way for them. Respect to the travelling Addicks from me.
    Burnley to kick off.
  • Options
    Harriott on for Pritchard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Geezers throwing in towels all over the show.

And to think some people accused the players of showing no fight and just caving in last week.

*Shakes head and leaves thread
  • Options
    Sub for us harriott on for pritch
  • Options
    We have it deep. wiggy, and Burnley attack vokes upfield, hamer gets it following shouts for a back pass.
    it is discussed.
  • Options
    Looks like we could get Holloway soon if, heaven forbid the owners dispense with SCP.
  • Options
    Looks like we could get Holloway soon if, heaven forbid the owners dispense with SCP.
  • Options
    No free kick, Burnley throw, and build, but now us, church, wiggy, ball out of play, confidence a bit weak for us they say.
    gower, and cousins has it, harriott, burnley half clear, Wilson cross booted away our throw. Wilson, space, good cross harriott hits the half clearance over. 'looks tricky'.
    cousins was also praised just now.
    Now they attack us on left, and Wilson fouls, burnley FK.
  • Options
    ball in, hamer gets ball, safe for a moment, long, battle for ball, ings wins throw on half way.
  • Options

Please no!

I think the bloke is unwell.

I would also like SCP to stay - even if we go down.

• Options
    Burnley give us a throw on half way. Wilson loses out and we foul someone, Wilson booked.
  • Options
    Harriot has the ability to change this game, him left Stewart right. Surely the best actual wingers we've had for some time
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!