Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Off to Lydd on Saturday.  The very helpful secretary has confirmed they are producing paper programmes(he is reserving four for us), AND they are selling badges.
    Looking forward to the weekend already.
    They still play next to the marsh?

Windiest game of football I’ve ever played in away there.
  • Options
    Off to Lydd on Saturday.  The very helpful secretary has confirmed they are producing paper programmes(he is reserving four for us), AND they are selling badges.
    Looking forward to the weekend already.
    They still play next to the marsh?

Windiest game of football I’ve ever played in away there.

I presume it's here?

• Options
    In the London Senior Cup we have been drawn away to AFC Croydon.  These are not to be confused with Croydon Athletic who will play at the old National Athletics stadium this season.

Should we get through we will then play either Wingate and Finchley or Erith, away from home.
    Would be nice to play the U23s at Erith Stadium, but  Wingate is a tough away game midweek. 

Won 5-0 on Saturday and are moving up the league...
    Holland’s and Blair sounds like a firm of solicitors 
  • Options
    Sheppey winning away at Eastbourne in the FA Cup. 
  • Options
    Ton Angels beat Chichester 
  • Options
    Great result for Hartley wintney tonight. 3-1 over barking. Wembley here we come.
  • Options
    Chippenham beat Ebbsfleet on penalties
  • Options
    Good game on BBCiplayer tonight, Dulwich Hamlet won 3-1 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

• Options
    Did it stay like this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did it stay like this
    Nah they lost 3-1
  • Options
    Those who don't respect and protect match officials can set up their own competition outside the auspices of the FA. They can organise their own officials and can have their own cage fighting style of football.
    They can also screech against the weather when it's raining.
  • Options
    Good that the league is taking a stand
  • Options
    SC Thamesmead are on a roll at the moment and are now 2nd in SCEFL Division 1. Think they've won their last 5 or 6 games in a row. 

Good to have a team in this area that can represent the town well since the demise of Thamesmead Town FC a couple of years ago. 
  • Options

The National League is to distribute the government's £10m support package on an average attendance basis, meaning seven former Football League clubs will receive a larger sum.

Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stockport, Torquay, Wrexham and Yeovil will receive £95,000 a month, with the 16 other clubs receiving £84,000.

National League games are currently being played behind closed doors.

The first payments of National Lottery funds is scheduled for next week.

In National League North and South, the majority of clubs will get £30,000 a month, although Chester, Dulwich Hamlet, Hereford, Maidstone and York will receive £36,000 a month on the same distribution model basis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54629239

• Options
    clive said:

The National League is to distribute the government's £10m support package on an average attendance basis, meaning seven former Football League clubs will receive a larger sum.

Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stockport, Torquay, Wrexham and Yeovil will receive £95,000 a month, with the 16 other clubs receiving £84,000.

National League games are currently being played behind closed doors.

The first payments of National Lottery funds is scheduled for next week.

In National League North and South, the majority of clubs will get £30,000 a month, although Chester, Dulwich Hamlet, Hereford, Maidstone and York will receive £36,000 a month on the same distribution model basis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54629239

That sounds fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting one. From the ref's angle can imagine why he thought he must give it. But from the camera angle i wouldn't have given it. Keeper comes out, and puts off the striker who loses control.
  • Options
    Saw Beckenham demolish Tonbridge Wells 3-0 last Tuesday.  Not only my local club but last season I believe they were running away with the division and odds on for promotion to the highest level they would ever have competed in when the league was abandoned.  Ryan Hall (ex of Palace/Leeds/Bromley) was the one player I knew of but they looked a decent team

19.45 kick off under the floodlights, beer right next to the pitch, a few mates, a crowd which must have been close to their 300 capacity and a handful of, initially at least, vocal away fans.  What is not to like.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Miserableoldgit
    I was under that tree you can see in the picture and had a great view of that incident ?

Before I comment on that footage after talking to my legal team in the morning, can I just say the club house is great, the car park has plenty of spaces and the Home fans didn't stop singing the whole match. 
    Can't be many football grounds in a Science park.

Whyteleafe could've been in the FA cup last qualifying round yesterday, but against Concord Rangers were denied a hand ball penalty(the ball was travelling towards the goal and the defender was 3 yards away from the header when he palmed the ball away when the Leafe were 1-nil up. This was captured on video also.

Superb performance by Cray Valley Paper mills to win at National League Maidenhead 3-2 in the FA cup and reach the 1st round.
    (I think that's their 6th win in the qualifying)
  • Options
    Saw Hartley Wintney beat Yate town 3-1 last night, crowd of over 250 on a wet and cold night. They are home to Poole town in the FA trophy Saturday if anyone is looking for a game. Poole beat Yate 6-2 on Saturday. Hartley Wintney if anyone hasn't been is a nice little village on the A30.
  • Options
    Am due to watch South Park v Bedfont Sports this Saturday, South Park have a shocking history of postponements so will look at other games.  Next season they have a 3g pitch.
    South Park still currently produce a paper programme. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Hythe response to calling game off v Sittingbourne 20 minutes before kick off.

---------------------------------------------------

Hythe Town FC are obviously sorry that supporters of both clubs and neutrals were unable to get their football "fix" on Tuesday evening (27th October) at Reachfields against Sittingbourne. There were several stories going around immediately after the postponement but despite these "Chinese whispers" the truth is as simple and straightforward as this.

Firstly, there never was any danger of the pitch being unplayable providing the weather forecast was anywhere near correct--which it was.

Secondly only one player had been tested for Covid19 at his workplace and despite having no symptoms whatsoever he received a positive result. On Monday Hythe Town FC contacted last Saturday’s opponents Haywards Heath and our next opponents Sittingbourne FC and put in a call to the league office who quoted the current FA advice which was to carry on playing whilst observing all of the precautions we have all become used to as a nation.

As an extra precaution our players took tests all of which so far have been negative, as have the tests taken by the affected player's family.

However the match referee, whilst complimenting the club on taking this stance pointed out that a number of players who had NOT received their results should according to the law of the land, and despite them not having any symptoms, have gone into isolation.

Of course, had they not taken this extra step all would have played against Sittingbourne and both the League and the FA would have been perfectly happy. Therefore, it was the players as a group wanting to make certain of things, and with the very best of intentions, that had created a situation that the referee felt powerless to ignore.

That is where we are currently, and we will report to the league who will make any decision based on the evidence put before them.

Hythe club statement
  • Options
    Some non-league football clubs have been reporting "unbelievable" demand for tickets while fans remain banned from higher-level games because of the coronavirus pandemic.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-54704567
  • Options
    Welling’s game at Eastbourne is free to view on Eastbourne’s youtube channel this afternoon. Not sure what the quality will be like.