Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Surely its safer to have the people outside than indoors though? 
  • Options
    Farcical

Especially when you see the non socially distanced crowds allowed in for tier 7 matches
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2020

So well done to York and Havant who campaigned to get Elite staus for NLN/NLS clubs - The Havant MP stood up in parliament last week moaning that the club couldn't let in fans as they were Elite. Yes, he stood up in Parliament previously arguing that Havant should be classed as Elite.

Farce

• Options
    edited September 2020
    We (Hendon) are at home to Maidstone this Saturday and have now been told we can't admit away supporters. We are limited to 600 for a league game and had about 50 from Truro on Saturday....but can't have any from Maidstone (or Wealdstone, Slough, Dulwich etc etc). It's neither one thing or the other! 
  • Options
    So under NLN and NLS, clubs can have up to 600 spectators in the ground, is that correct?

Why can’t NL sides just have say 500 all ticket games and slightly increase the prices? That way their gate receipt income should be fairly covered. I can’t imagine Welling get many more than that anyway do they? 
  • Options
    So under NLN and NLS, clubs can have up to 600 spectators in the ground, is that correct?

Why can’t NL sides just have say 500 all ticket games and slightly increase the prices? That way their gate receipt income should be fairly covered. I can’t imagine Welling get many more than that anyway do they? 
    Because that would be logical, and logic isn't being applied.
  • Options

NLN and NLS aren't allowed any spectators, as they're classed as elite clubs
  • Options
    BDL said:

So well done to York and Havant who campaigned to get Elite staus for NLN/NLS clubs - The Havant MP stood up in parliament last week moaning that the club couldn't let in fans as they were Elite. Yes, he stood up in Parliament previously arguing that Havant should be classed as Elite.

Farce

That is correct.

On the Kent League site they have stated that BOTH clubs are responsible for away 'elite' fans not gaining admission.

Laughable.
  • Options

NLN and NLS aren't allowed any spectators, as they're classed as elite clubs
    I know, I said under.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Farce

Didn't realise Chaisty was an MP too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to Erith & Belvedere v Punjab United at Park View Road tonight  Punjab won 2-1 with a cracking strike 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Went to Hendon 0 Maidstone 1 in the FA Cup. Very tight game but Maidstone had such a strong defence, with Elokobi and Hoyte, that Hendon could barely create a chance.

Charlton scout was there, in the main to watch Simeon Olarerin, the young Hendon right-back (Ive mentioned him as one to look at before...although I probably spelled his name wrong back then!). He's young and a little bit lightweight but quick, skilfull and scored a lovely lobbed goal at Walton on Tuesday night. 
  • Options
    Welling beaten 2-0 by Sheppey Utd. Shocking result.
  • Options
    Welling beaten 2-0 by Sheppey Utd. Shocking result.
    Could have had a ticket for this but had other things on. Glad I didn’t go, Welling were awful by all accounts and should have lost by more.
  • Options
    Just noticed that Bromley yesterday should have played Macclesfield (RIP)
  • Options
    Apparently Dartford slaughtered Slough for the whole game. Then Slough only shot on goal gives them a 1-0 win. 
  • Options
    Apparently Dartford slaughtered Slough for the whole game. Then Slough only shot on goal gives them a 1-0 win. 
    Proper FIFA performance then
  • Options
    Welling fans with tickets for Sheppey wouldn't have got in according to this report pre-game. No cash sales on the day. Farcical these new Covid rules.
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/news/away-fans-stopped-from-watching-fa-cup-tie-234885/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Yesterday at Hendon, it seemed a few Maidstone fans got into the ground and because they stayed schtum, no-one worried about it or even noticed. However (and sadly) a handful didn't answer the questions on the gate sufficiently well to get in. The best reply being..."I've been to loads of Hendon games...you know...when Terry McCann was manager....."

Anyway....a few of them stood on a little hillock in the car park and watched as best they could over the fence. One of our fans, bought them a round of beers and took them out on a tray. Not every day that you get beers bought for you, whilst standing in a car park.....and especially not when they've been bought by a former British Olympic athlete. 
    I was going to ask how Non-League clubs were able to turn away opposition fans

e.g. What was to stop Welling fans turning up @ Sheppey as neutrals?
  • Options
    I know a couple who went and got in ok. They bought tickets on-line from the Sheppey website.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    you do wonder sometimes .. I know the National League has had little little to consider reorganisation to try and save save a few quid .. BUT, yesterday, Aldershot played at Hartlepool, Yeovil at Kings Lynn. Stockport at Torquay, just a few examples of long journeys and expensive days out that must have added a good few bob to the overdrafts of small clubs that must be stretched to the limits. It would be better to make all the Nat Leagues regional, a bit like the Bob Willis set up in cricket
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Yesterday at Hendon, it seemed a few Maidstone fans got into the ground and because they stayed schtum, no-one worried about it or even noticed. However (and sadly) a handful didn't answer the questions on the gate sufficiently well to get in. The best reply being..."I've been to loads of Hendon games...you know...when Terry McCann was manager....."

Anyway....a few of them stood on a little hillock in the car park and watched as best they could over the fence. One of our fans, bought them a round of beers and took them out on a tray. Not every day that you get beers bought for you, whilst standing in a car park.....and especially not when they've been bought by a former British Olympic athlete. 
    What happens if you say you are a neutral?  Crazy.
  • Options
    Rebels!!!

The only stat that matters is balls in the onion bag!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Simonsen said:

The moral of the story is google the home club before going, especially message boards, for a few "titbits" that only a fan would know  :D

• Options
    Simonsen said:

The moral of the story is google the home club before going, especially message boards, for a few "titbits" that only a fan would know  :D

Yep. Not difficult. 

Anyway, they got a few beers out of "118"....
  • Options
    Looking for a decent non league match in south London area on 17th October to watch. Anyone got any good grounds to visit which are allowing supporters?
  • Options
    Looking for a decent non league match in south London area on 17th October to watch. Anyone got any good grounds to visit which are allowing supporters?
    Erith & Belvedere are at home on the 17th (they play at Welling's ground). I think they allow fans in.