Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Phoenix Sports 2-6 Erith Town in a friendly yesterday.

Good to watch live football whilst having a pint.

The Dockers are at Griffin Park on Wednesday playing Brentford B in London Senior Cup Semi Final. It's the last competitive game at Griffin Park before they move to their new stadium.

• Options

The Dockers are at Griffin Park on Wednesday playing Brentford B in London Senior Cup Semi Final. It's the last competitive game at Griffin Park before they move to their new stadium.

Brentford are going to show the game live on Youtube (7:30 kick off)
  • Options
    Cray Valley host Charlton U23s on Tuesday (and it's the London Senior Trophy at Badgers tonight, tickets are available)
  • Options
    Cray Valley host Charlton U23s on Tuesday (and it's the London Senior Trophy at Badgers tonight, tickets are available)
    The same day as the EFL Trophy match against Wimbledon...
  • Options

That must have been Phoenix u23’s?
  • Options

That must have been Phoenix u23’s?
    No, we beat them 4-3 on Monday.
  • Options
    Hendon beat Wingate last week and now play Brentford B in the London Senior Cup Final at Hendon on Weds 16th Sept. To think I saw Hendon beat Cockfosters on pens in the first round over a year ago and we're only just coming up to the final now. 
  • Options
    Phoenix won 11-10 on pens in the FA Cup.

Corinthian from the Kent league are in the FA Vase semi final on Saturday. One leg.
  • Options
    National League fixtures come out around the 8th September and the season is due to start the beginning of October.  
    Am not sure whether fans will be allowed in.
  • Options
    National League fixtures come out around the 8th September and the season is due to start the beginning of October.  
    Am not sure whether fans will be allowed in.
    So far the top 6 tiers (i.e. down to NLS and NLN) have all been in the same camp as far as Covid is concerned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My son did a bit of intern work on a comms plan for Tonbridge Angels last week. The expectancy is that a limited number of fans will be allowed in. Angels play Kingstonian in a friendly this weekend and they thought fans might be allowed in for that.  We've generally heard a figure of 500 might be allowed in for league games but that isn't official. The Dartford forum has discussed prioritisation, and their feelings are that season ticket holders will get first dibs. Angels are switching to on line ticket purchases only, but Darts haven't made any such announcements yet. I checked Chelmsford out of interest and they seem to be allowing cash on the door at present.

For all non league clubs I do hope they can get fans in ASAP as they really need the money to survive

• Options
    Went to VCD-Dulwich Hamlet last night. As @falconwood_1 said, great to watch football again with a pint.
  • Options

My son did a bit of intern work on a comms plan for Tonbridge Angels last week. The expectancy is that a limited number of fans will be allowed in. Angels play Kingstonian in a friendly this weekend and they thought fans might be allowed in for that.  We've generally heard a figure of 500 might be allowed in for league games but that isn't official. The Dartford forum has discussed prioritisation, and their feelings are that season ticket holders will get first dibs. Angels are switching to on line ticket purchases only, but Darts haven't made any such announcements yet. I checked Chelmsford out of interest and they seem to be allowing cash on the door at present.

For all non league clubs I do hope they can get fans in ASAP as they really need the money to survive

Dartford, like a lot of non league clubs,  don't seem to be set up for payment of match day tickets in advance, I imagine many of them will have to buy new ticketing software
  • Options
    Went to Glebe vs Whyteleafe last night, Glebe had tickets for sale online or pay on the night, capacity was restricted to 300, att was 232, Glebe lost 3-1. Charlie MacDonald scored for Glebe.
  • Options
    Badger said:
    Went to Glebe vs Whyteleafe last night, Glebe had tickets for sale online or pay on the night, capacity was restricted to 300, att was 232, Glebe lost 3-1. Charlie MacDonald scored for Glebe.
    That's an excellent attendance.  I went 2 seasons ago and they had well under 75.
    Hopefully the non-league scene will see an upsurge in attendances, and continue for the long term.
  • Options
    Badger said:
    That's an excellent attendance.  I went 2 seasons ago and they had well under 75.
    Hopefully the non-league scene will see an upsurge in attendances, and continue for the long term.
    If the non-league clubs become too popular with football starved fans, they'll start hitting or exceeding their allowed limits...
  • Options
    Sutton of the National League are hopeful off being able to let in 1500 ( about 30% of capacity) , and have capped the ST sales to 750 . Even ST holders will have to obtain a ticket to guarantee entry  , through an on-line system , so they can maximise revenue with game by game payers.

• Options
    Badger said:
    If the non-league clubs become too popular with football starved fans, they'll start hitting or exceeding their allowed limits...
    A nice thought but fans that don't follow non-league will soon lose interest after a couple of games.
    15,000 fans in a football ground, I'd wager a lot that 99% would go to no more than one game a season non-league.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet seem to be splashing the cash again
  • Options

Tonbridge Angels have an agreement with an on line ticketing company and will only sell tickets on line. They will also take refreshments orders on line as well. Think they will be selling tickets "on line" from a booth at the ground in the morning of the game for those who don't have on line access. Angels are doing this in response to National League guidelines that tickets can only be sold in advance on line. Darts are not stipulating this yet. They are selling season tickets on line or in person. My guess is that they assume season tickets will match  or exceed their capacity. Capacities haven't been set yet as far as I can tell.

Massive kudos to Angels for launching this. They operate on a shoe string and I suspect they have far less resources than most clubs in the National League South, exacerbated by their inability to host matches for three months last season due to flooding.

I think their challenge will be reaching out to supporters who don't have on line access and usually pay on the door, but the pre match booth idea should help enormously.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Went to VCD-Dulwich Hamlet last night. As @falconwood_1 said, great to watch football again With a falafel eating tree hugging let’s have a demo guy

• Options
    I thought there were more Non-League teams in the First Qualifying Round than that???
  • Options
    I thought there were more Non-League teams in the First Qualifying Round than that???
    What was listed were the Kent League teams only.
  • Options
    What was listed were the Kent League teams only.
    Sorry that was mean of me when no one could gauge the tone of my comment ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Hashtag United are in the First Qualifying Round

They won 13-12 after penalties in the extra preliminary round and were only a couple of penalties away from breaking a record apparently

• Options
    Sorry, my fault, should have said that this the Kent/local sides matches. 
    Found the distance details a nice touch.
    Apologies.