Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    2-0 after 2
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Darts miss there second so 2-0
  • Options
    Dartford stick 2 over the crossbar  :#
  • Options

3-0 Weymouth win
  • Options
    Weymouth prompted as darts miss all there pens
  • Options
    How disappointing is that? Why no extra time, I wonder.
  • Options
    Yikes that has to be up there with one of the worst Penalty shootouts ever 
  • Options
    Worst penalty shootout ever, 3 Nicky Bailey penalties 
  • Options
    That was the worst effort I have ever seen in a penalty shootout. Somehow knew it would go this way after CAFC relegation. One crap result after another.
  • Options
    0-0 after the first quarter
    Another reason why i hope the drinks breaks aren't here to stay.

Won't be long before football is exactly that. Quarters with advertising breaks etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On another note, going straight to penalties seems weird.

Should surely have extra time in a play off final.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates.
  • Options
    I can't believe that the Terras are only two divisions below the Addicks now.

I grew up in the town and even made two pre-season sub appearances as a 17 year old when they were last at 'national League' level (but was not good enough). They have had a series of worse owners than we have, really.
  • Options

I grew up in the town and even made two pre-season sub appearances as a 17 year old when they were last at 'national League' level (but was not good enough). They have had a series of worse owners than we have, really.
    It seems that they (like Dartford) are determined to run the club in a financially prudent way now
  • Options

It seems that they (like Dartford) are determined to run the club in a financially prudent way now
    Yes and I long for the day that this was the case throughout football. Very easy to fall out of love with pro football at the moment.
  • Options
    Worst penalty shootout ever, 3 Nicky Bailey penalties 
    Lucky the previous Dartford game never went to penalty’s then.
  • Options
    Not the greatest of games but played in the right spirit and was well refereed. What a contrast to the FA Cup final later. As someone alluded to earlier, I'm falling out of love with the professional game and the way in which Darts and Weymouth are run is refreshing. I wonder how Weymouth will compete with the full time heavily financed conference next season. I wish them well. Watched the game in the Dartford sports bar. pretty good social distancing, great atmosphere (really missed that since lockdown) and on the site of the old Coach and Horses  - my regular boozer in the seventies and eighties. It was only the poxy penalty shootout that ruined it!
  • Options
    Notts C v Harrogate this p.m. .. be nice to see Harrogate do it, though I fancy Notts County to return

• Options
    Altrincham beat Boston 1-0 to get into the National League 'proper' .. yet another Greater Manchester club on the rise
  • Options
    Notts C v Harrogate this p.m. .. be nice to see Harrogate do it, though I fancy Notts County to return

Interesting point in the preview I read that this match is Harrogate at their highest ever league position, versus Notts County at their lowest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Altrincham beat Boston 1-0 to get into the National League 'proper' .. yet another Greater Manchester club on the rise
    Probably get taken over by Farnell and company. 
    That'll slow em down.
  • Options
    Impressive rise into the Football League for Harrogate Town unless they choke in the last few mins (or get the FA curse)
  • Options
    Impressive rise into the Football League for Harrogate Town unless they choke in the last few mins (or get the FA curse)
    Great game- loved the football from both sides. Harrogate weathered a very difficult period second half and struck back with a quality goal
  • Options
    Great game- loved the football from both sides. Harrogate weathered a very difficult period second half and struck back with a quality goal
    exactly, a top example of the strength and depth of English football, that game would have graced any division outside the Premier .. I will be in Harrogate in a few days, I hope the party spirit is in full swing ((:>) Harrogate have just what we lack: stability and an owner who is prepared to put in a good few quid and to spend his money wisely
  • Options
    exactly, a top example of the strength and depth of English football, that game would have graced any division outside the Premier .. I will be in Harrogate in a few days, I hope the party spirit is in full swing ((:>) Harrogate have just what we lack: stability and an owner who is prepared to put in a good few quid and to spend his money wisely
    I was In Harrogate last year for a weekend break and asked lots of locals where the ground was, none of them seemed to know, but I hope that now changes.
  • Options
    I was In Harrogate last year for a weekend break and asked lots of locals where the ground was, none of them seemed to know, but I hope that now changes.
    Surely it’s up t‘ road?
  • Options
    Dover have put all players up for free transfers or accept a 20% wage. Sounds like they won’t be able to start the season http://www.doverathletic.com/news/statement-from-chairman/

• Options
    Dover have put all players up for free transfers or accept a 20% wage. Sounds like they won’t be able to start the season http://www.doverathletic.com/news/statement-from-chairman/

I fear a lot of clubs at non league level will not start next season
  • Options

That's a 20% wage cut, not 20% of their wages incidentally. A bit disappointed the players didn't accept it really, if they think they'll walk into other clubs at a decent salary level, they'll be sadly disappointed

As an aside, I've never entirely understood the financial logic of players in the NL all being full time. Unless you have a sugar daddy, I don't see how the vast majority of teams can afford it
  • Options
    Difficult to go PT when you could be playing up north midweek though?
    Dover v Gateshead for example